Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We should go for Asante Samuel (cb from NE) in the Offseason

footballhenry

Hes a shutdown corner that is a huge piece in that NE defense, and I just saw here on NFL Network that he is going to be an unrestricted freeagent this offseason. Redskins can definitely make the moves to get him, he has 6 int's this season and he is only 26 yrs old.

What do you think of his potential here in Gregg Williams scheme; is this somewhere that he would be attracted to play?

*NFL Network said hes going to be the most coveted free agent on the market.

:point2sky

Where is the money coming from? He is sure to get offered more money than what that DB in San Fran got. If Derrick Dockery can get a 18mil (I think?) signing bonus, surely Asante Samuel can get that and possibly more. I don't see how Mr. Snyder can work his magic to snatch this one.

draft don't sign

I think you can do both.

The Skins' problems have not been with either(Lloyd and a few others excepted) - their problems have been with BAD TRADES.

Keep signing a few gems. Keep ALL our picks. Trade our older guys for picks and continue to build around Campbell - he needs another reliable receiving threat besides Cooley.

I'd love to have Asante - he's got at least 5 prime years left ahead of him.

Make it happen Dan! :2cents:

I think that we should pass on him and get a corner in the draft. We really need a top flight D-lineman and an offensive lineman. Jansen was hurt and outside of Andre Carter, who on the D-line is really respectable? Those to me are the most pressing needs. Let's not fix problems right now that we don't necessarily need to fix.

Too much money when we have so many needs. Biggest need is def the Dline, need more depth on the online to avoid another situation like this year, sadly another safety, and we need a big wr who we can count on going over the middle and keeping drives alive.

There is no way we can afford Asante. But we do need a #1 CB. Smoot is a number 2 at best. Springs will be gone at the end of the season. And Rodgers is coming off a major knee injury and even if he does play every game next season(unlikely), he wont be a shutdown, number 1 CB.

We have 3 good corners. Springs is probably gonna have his contract reworked to make it more salary cap friendly, so we are set at CB. What we need is to sign linemen, possibly a decent sized WR, and probably safeties. These could come from FA or the draft. In either case, these are the positions we need to deal with first. If, after that, we feel that it would be wise to make a move on Samuel, then go ahead.

Archived