Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It has to be said: What is wrong with you guys?

Sekhmet728

My point is:

No one has any right to criticize the performance of the Redskins on Sunday except themselves because no one has to fight through what they have to fight through.

You think this team's performance was pathetic? I think you're sick. Way to rail against your team when they need you the most.

The Skins don't need you as fans.

My point is:

No one has any right to criticize the performance of the Redskins on Sunday except themselves because no one has to fight through what they have to fight through.

You think this team's performance was pathetic? I think you're sick. Way to rail against your team when they need you the most.

Dude, you are never going to quiet everyone, if anyone. So, why even bother?

I've laughed since the beginning of the season at fans unrealistic expectations. 3/5ths of an offensive line is different from the previous year yet people expect no drop off? Depth, depth, depth, but we should have depth...depth is for spot duty for a game or two until your starters heal up which we had in adequate supply. Second string is second string for a reason they aren't meant to fill a starting role for a substantial amount of time.

From the O-line, to the line backers to the wide receivers, to the cornerbacks to the safeties we've been fielding a second string team for over half of the year. But hey instead of dealing with facts it's much easier to quit on the team so whatever floats peoples boats.

My point is:

I agree with you, but there have been threads about this and you are not going to change the minds of the people that make you or I sick! They are coldhearted and if one of their best friends or family members passed, they would be able to work as if nothing happened and they would probably be able to work harder, at least this is what I gather from their selfish "I want to win" posts.

This team gets a pass this year. Next year, it is a different story.

I would have no problem with them performing the way they did against the Bills, if they hadn't done the same thing most of the season.

We have lost 6 of our last 8 games now... last week was no different.

It's time to believe what our eyes are telling us about the Redskins. They just aren't a good team.

I've laughed since the beginning of the season at fans unrealistic expectations. 3/5ths of an offensive line is different from the previous year yet people expect no drop off? Depth, depth, depth, but we should have depth...depth is for spot duty for a game or two until your starters heal up which we had in adequate supply. Second string is second string for a reason they aren't meant to fill a starting role for a substantial amount of time.

From the O-line, to the line backers to the wide receivers, to the cornerbacks to the safeties we've been fielding a second string team for over half of the year. But hey instead of dealing with facts it's much easier to quit on the team so whatever floats peoples boats.

QFT:applause:

You can say whatever you want on this board, as long as it follows what the "real" and "true" fans approve.

Go Skins! You're an awesome team with a coach that is super smart and you perform exceedingly well!

Oh wait. Now I'm a liar. ****.

Go Skins, I'll support you even though you suck!

Wait a tick, I'm already doing that. Maybe I'll discuss on a message board how I feel about this team and what I think should be done. Maybe I should just give my true opinion and let people know that I BELIEVE coach should leave and he has no place in the modern NFL. Nope, can't do that. Then I wouldn't be supporting my team.

I'm a bad fan. :rolleyes:

I agree I think this team needs their fans more than ever now.

Is it wrong to say the fans need our team more than ever right now? :whoknows: Let's be honest. This team managed to find ways to loose football games with Taylor playing and without. It really can be said that the fans were there to support a team after a tragedy and the team performed the same as always. No worse, and certainly no better. While I think it is wrong to call out Gibbs after the game last week, etc,etc I do not think it is wrong to say this team simply doesn't have IT. Even with the inspiration of playing for a lost teamate they still found a way to screw things up. No just one guy with one mistake. On a day where you would think players would step up their game they stepped sideways, as always.:2cents:

you know I hold you in high regard...but I have to confess....all this sermonizing about the emotional states of others is...well...not very dignified. There are what......almost 100,000 folks who show up to a game on any given Redskin Sunday? Maybe another 30,000+ who travel to ES? The effort to comment on whole groups of people and their mental/emotional states is in some ways quite arrogant. These gross genrealizations based on random posts by people who are frustrated or just venting gets tiring also. The OP and others have NO IDEA what people are REALLY thinking/feeling or what the REAL numbers are. in short...they are doing the same thing: venting about something they don't like. I don't mind wading through this stuff once or twice (it's nice to know how all sides see a given matter)...but the incessant whining about others whining gets tiring after a while also.

Yes, but for this week, I wish most people here had the respect that Wise and Boswell showed on Monday when they decided to put the critisizms aside this week, especially on the day of Taylor's funeral. There is plenty of time in the rest of this season and the whole offseason where we don't have anything better to talk about.

To be honest, I haven't been visiting the board much this week, because it has been so damn depressing being here. All the negativity really had a bad effect on me, and I didn't think it was healthy. I had to do other things for a while. While I don't have exact numbers, the negativity here was overwhelming.

anywho.....still enjoy your positive outlook on things!

I'm glad you enjoy it, even if you don't believe it. Course, not all of my outlook is positive, and there are a lot of uncertanty about certain aspects of this team, but I do think we are making progress and heading in the right direction. It is just a question of it continuing, or have we plateaued. I don't know.

Jason

Folks you are being very short sighted in this discussion. Since ‘92 we have 4 seasons with a winning record. This past Sunday is nothing new, the skins have been letting me down for a very long time. I realize that they can’t win every game but, come on that record is beyond ridiculous. Then I go to the stadium and pay premium prices tickets, beer and food and get mediocre results...

Thank you for making this thread. I'm not sure if you made it to the Bills game but it was disgusting. The amount of ****ing and BOOING I heard made me sick. I rarely get to go to games (though I'll be there Thursday!) so maybe I just take them more seriously then some of the guys that get to go every week. This is the time when our team needs US more than we need them. It's our turn to support them and pick them up when they fall down. If we can't score another point this season I'm still gonna be there cheering my boys on.

Ladies and Gents, remember, die-hard or not, everyone is entitled to their opinion, thats what the forum is for.

Here's my take, and I am a die hard fan. The way the Skins played against the Bills should be applauded, they may not have won the game, but it was a victory. They held another NFL team TD-less, 5 FGs and a safety, this is the same team that took it to the Cowgirls on MNF, and the Skins D held them in check, without their best player and with all the emotions to carry.

Honestly, of course there were mistakes made by Gibbs, yes he should know the rule, there is no excuse for that at all. And this type of thing has been the norm since his return. Face it, if the coaches name was ANYTHING except Joe J. Gibbs, he woulda been outta here long ago. I respect Gibbs and what he has done the 2nd stint, he has changed the face of the franchise, but that is what Marty did and what he was asked to do as well, but he was outta here in one year. It hurts to say this, but I think it is time for Gibbs to move on, we need to bring in a GM, a real GM, to make better decisions. This is the era of Free Agency, and we all know that during Gibbs 1.0 draft picks didnt mean too much, and were often traded, that wont work in these days. Look at the Duckett deal, do I even need to get into that one??? The list goes on.

But, while I'm not giving Gibbs a pass for his mistake against the Bills, I dont base my opinion on that game, its based on the past 4 years. How many times has the play gone in late, resulting in a 1st quarter/1st drive timeout?

I know most of us are die-hard fans, but you have to consider the facts in an unbiased manner, J.Gibbs is not to football now what he once was, and it is time to move on for the sake of the franchise.

I live in England and can only mostly listen over the internet , this weekend I was away and caught up yesterday, I was shocked at the reaction from a lot of fans. I can't believe there are so many insensitive Redskins fans after what the team has gone though the week before, and treat this Sundays game like a normal nothing happened game. Unbelievable. becky

Archived