Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we being spiritually setup for the greatest superbowl ever?Patriots VS Redskins!

michael_33

And for the more curious the following off-season:

- the Skins signed Roy Williams (the WR) as a FA

- traded their #32 and #64 overall picks to Atlanta for DeAngelo Hall, their 4th round pick, and their 5th round pick.

- traded that 5th rd pick and brandon lloyd to dolphins for their 4th rounder [4th round pick used to select "Bag O' Sand, Morehead St", cause that's all BL is worth]

Key draft picks:

- Owen Schimtt, FB WVU [mike sellers retires for some reason after 1 year in madden 08] [Aww, Schmitt! He fumbled again.]

- Andew Crummy, OL, UMD [best name since Craphonso Thorpe]

- Dre Moore, DT, UMD

- Xavier Adibi, OLB, VT [i'm thinking Latka, and "Ibby-dibby-da", from Taxi]

- The rest of the picks were primarilly used on DEs/DTs, with one on a FS (forget who) [Look! It's a plane, it's a bird, no it's Superman!]

So the 08 starters looked like:

QB: Campbell

HB: Portis

FB: Schmitt

TE: Cooley

WR1: R.Williams

WR2: Moss

WR3: ARE

WR4: Mix [nickname for Mix D. Drinks?]

OL: same as this year (with obviously thomas and jansen back) [We can make them better than before, stronger, faster...]

DL: same as this year, but chris wilison won the starting job over daniels

LBs: same as this year

CB1: D.Hall

CB2: Rogers

CB3: Smoot

CB4: Torrence

FS: Springs

SS: Landry

<sigh> How come ever since I've been a Redskins fan its been better to live in a fantasty world <sigh>

Let's all go to Fantasy Island!

Look Boss! It's da plane.

Smiles everyone!

Fantasy%20Island.jpg

This is good. Also, I have a date Friday night with Lindsey Lohan.

You should be fine unless Tony Romo sits to pee shows up first, or if Britney Spears comes and drives over your foot.

This is a great thread. Humor is a great way to relieve tension, sadness and stress.

Too bad my version of this dream has the Redskins getting blown out by the Pats (think '84 Raiders, only it's really bad this time) and becoming the 2nd victim of an undefeated NFL run!:doh:

Fast forward to '08 NFL Draft:

With the 31st pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select Colt Brennan, QB, University of Hawaii. Because who really doesn't want another QB controversy?

So apparently now it's illegal to raise Sonoma Desert Toads. Used to be illegal only to lick them, but now the feds have discovered toad farms where people are extracting the hallucinogenic secretion of the toads on to paper, and then smoking it. I'm just letting you know, the DEA may be on its way.

:rotflmao:

I have to admit, my dream earlier this year was for us to take on the Patriots in the Superbowl - Gibbs vs. Belichick, class vs. cheater, and for us to win in one of the greatest upsets ever!

However, now with 4 straight losses, our best player dead, and the team in shambles, I think I've woken up to the painful reality that the most likely scenario for this season is a 7-9 finish (if that).

I like it. Lets take it one game at a time though. We must beat the Bears. This game could turn everything around for us.

I agree. I love the idea. I think it's completely possible for the Redskins to turn it around. Stranger things have happened before though. There were so many distractions last week against Buffalo and we still almost won the game. I think Coach Gibbs will have us a lot more focused this week and now that the funeral is behind us, I think the coaches and players have some closure and are better prepared for the task at hand. There won't be the same mental mistakes tomorrow that there were on Sunday. This week the Redskins are going to take care of their business against the Bears. I actually feel a little sorry for them. (the Bears that is).

Think about how HUGE this superbowl would be?

More than likely...the Patriots will be undefeated (16-0) with maybe 1 slipup against the Steelers or Giants...(or should I say Dolphins?) :rolleyes:

But to be honest...With all the footballs rolling their way,I will not be suprised at all if they acomplish what the 72' Dolphins did and beyond!

18-0 :doh: ....But that's when the story gets real interesting...

Can't you just feel the Envy and hatred towards this Patriot team from the Spygate incident to Belicheat and Brady's interviews and their errogant fake humblisms from the media and many sports anchors around the country from Espn to FSN network?Yes..I do! :2cents:

Now obviously....Even mentioning the Skins and Superbowl in the same sentence should probably be a crime right now,but when I look at the NFC Playoff picture....I can't help but wonder?

The Redskins are currently 5-7 right now with 4 games remaining...Bears,Giants,Vikings and of course the Cowboys.

The playoff picture is starting to get a little more clear right now even with 4 weeks remaining...

#1)Cowboys

#2)Packers

#3)Seattle/Bucs

#4)Bucs/Seattle

#5)Giants

#6)Cardinals/Vikings/Lions @6-6

Redskins,Saints,Eagles,Bears&Panthers @5-7...

1)Cardinals still have @Seattle,@Saints,Falcons and the Rams...Cards are playing well,but not great!Their inconsistency and the fact that they are the CARDINALS will probably have them winning 2 of those 4 games IMO...Maybe worse,but I don't see them winning more than 2 of these games...Just don't!That gives them an overall record of 8-8!We own the tiebreaker over the Cardinals!

2)Vikings still have @Niners,Bears,Redskins and @Denver...Obviously we have to win this game!!In case of some tiebreaker and the fact that they have a 1 game lead on us at this point...If we win out which will be very,very difficult to do,then we DON'T need them to lose any of the other 3 games listed for us to leap them in the Wildcard standings!As we would both be 9-7 and our head to head win.. beats them out.But if you want to have a clear path for a wildcard at an 8-8 record,than them losing 1 more wouldn't hurt...I think that Denver game could be tough for them at Milehigh Stadium and I think they go 8-8 for the year as well,like the Cardinals!

3)Lions still have Dallas,@SD,KC and @GB...As we know,we have to win out to reach the 9-7 plateau or lose 1 more for the ole' 8-8 record.Since we already own the tiebreaker over them,we only need them to lose 1 more game and for us to win out to surpass them in the wildcard race!I think them losing 2 games is a pretty solid BET with that brutal tailend of a schedule...Their only sure win is the Chiefs game,but even that could possibly go either way if the Chiefs would block every now and then!I see an 8-8 record at best for the Lions!

So there you have it...!All 3 teams above us at 6-6 are almost sure bets to lose 1 more game and very,very likely that all 3 lose 2 of the last 4 games remaining...I see 8-8 records for all of them which STILL would allow us to lose to the Giants or Cowboys game and still get in as the #6 seed!!(Can't lose Bears game)

NOTE:These teams above are 6-6 and have a 1 game lead on us,but beating the Vikings on the road would have us passing them in the Wildcard picture as we would have won against All 3... the Vikings,Lions and the Cardinals!Of course...Beating the Vikings is an absolute must for ANY chance at all!!

4)Bears still have @Redskins,@Vikings,GB and the Saints...Just like the Vikings game,this game is an absolute must win!Not only that but that next matchup against the Vikings would do us alot of good as it helps by the Bears or Vikings eliminating each other playing head to head the next following week...Simply put?We beat the Bears this Thursday,we can actually root for the bears to catapult us by them beating the Vikings and/or Saints!Of course we will have the tiebreaker over the Bears if we beat them and somehow have the same record at the end of the year!I see the Bears going 8-8 at best...That Giants loss was pretty devastating to them! :) But more likely they go 7-9 or 6-10!

5)Eagles still have Giants,@Dallas,@saints and the Bills...We need them to lose the Giants and Cowboys games! :notworthy We don't need them moving ahead of us by division wins so if they lose those 2 games than their done period!!1-5 division record.. ;) Plus...we may need their help beating the saints as they are also 5-7 as well!

The point I'm trying to make here is if we just took care of buisness,we can eliminate Minny and the bears just by beating them and easily moving into that #6 spot!I know football is very hard right now for the organization to think about as this death has been a catastrophic event that no team should go through!I see no better way to celebrate Sean's death than going all the way and winning it all!If we do somehow slip into the playoffs...here is the possible miracle in the works! :notworthy

#1 seed Dallas draws Bye

#2 seed Packers draws Bye

---------------------------

#3 seed Bucs (Imo...remaining games @Houston,Falcons,@Niners and Panthers)

#4 seed Seahawks (Imo...remaining games Arizona,@Carolina,Baltimore and@Atlanta)

#5 seed Giants

#6 seed Redskins (hopefully at 9-7,but perhaps at an 8-8 record if everything plays out OK and we somehow win all the tiebreakers)

Redskins @ Bucs=Redskins

Giants @ Seahawks=Giants

Redskins @ Cowboys=Redskins

Giants @ Packers=Packers

Redskins @ Packers=Redskins

----------------------------------

#1 Seed Patriots=Bye

#2 Seed Colts=Bye

#3 Seed Steelers

#4 Seed Chargers

#5 Seed Jaguars

#6 Seed Titans

Titans @ Steelers=Steelers

Jaguars @ Chargers=Jaguars

Jaguars @ Patriots=Patriots

Steelers @ Colts=Colts

Colts @ Patriots=Patriots

Superbowl 42

--------------

Redskins@Patriots

With the senceless death of Sean Taylor and the heartwarming love from even the rivals such as the Cowboys and Eagle fans,one can't help but feel like we would be the "Good guys" in such a scenario VS the "evil empire" such as the Patriots who Lie,Cheat and Steal for success and unfortunately lost a player do to drowning that probably didn't recieve the Media attention that maybe some family members had hoped for!But of course their other infedelities was probably the soundbyte for the 2007 season alone!

Having smacked us earlier in the year 52-7,they would probably be favored even more than the Colts over the Jets in SB 3 were(+37)?I think we know how that turned out!

I think it would be safe to say that this SB would be the most watched event ever!!

Patriots (18-0) VS Redskins (11-8)...assuming we go 8-8 during the season!(12-7 if we go 9-7)

I don't care how many boneheaded plays Gibbs may have been responsible for...A win of this magnitude would more than solidify him as the Greatest coach EVER...

Gibbs still has a chance to save face....But he MUST do it NOW!!

(sorry for such a long post) :cheers: God bless...Merry Christmas and HTTR!!! :helmet: 21...we all love ya!!

I would go crazy if that happened

Why does everyone have such a negative outlook? I know those of us that still hold hope are more than likely going to be disappoined, but where is the fun in not at least hoping?

Just because you EXPECT something to happen doesn't mean you HOPE something happens.

That philosophy certainly keeps the state lottery solvent.

Without hope there is no point going in any facet of life.

I think a quote from Dale Carnegie sums it up best:

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."

We have to keep on believin'!! :point2sky

thought I agree with most its unlikely to happen but it could happen...It happened two years ago with stupid brunell why not with JC. Its funny how most have given up on the season. Whats make 05 team better than this team. I will still believe until we are officially out mathmatically. HTTR.

Think about how HUGE this superbowl would be?

More than likely...the Patriots will be undefeated (16-0) with maybe 1 slipup against the Steelers or Giants...(or should I say Dolphins?) :rolleyes:

But to be honest...With all the footballs rolling their way,I will not be suprised at all if they acomplish what the 72' Dolphins did and beyond!

18-0 :doh: ....But that's when the story gets real interesting...

Can't you just feel the Envy and hatred towards this Patriot team from the Spygate incident to Belicheat and Brady's interviews and their errogant fake humblisms from the media and many sports anchors around the country from Espn to FSN network?Yes..I do! :2cents:

Now obviously....Even mentioning the Skins and Superbowl in the same sentence should probably be a crime right now,but when I look at the NFC Playoff picture....I can't help but wonder?

The Redskins are currently 5-7 right now with 4 games remaining...Bears,Giants,Vikings and of course the Cowboys.

The playoff picture is starting to get a little more clear right now even with 4 weeks remaining...

#1)Cowboys

#2)Packers

#3)Seattle/Bucs

#4)Bucs/Seattle

#5)Giants

#6)Cardinals/Vikings/Lions @6-6

Redskins,Saints,Eagles,Bears&Panthers @5-7...

1)Cardinals still have @Seattle,@Saints,Falcons and the Rams...Cards are playing well,but not great!Their inconsistency and the fact that they are the CARDINALS will probably have them winning 2 of those 4 games IMO...Maybe worse,but I don't see them winning more than 2 of these games...Just don't!That gives them an overall record of 8-8!We own the tiebreaker over the Cardinals!

2)Vikings still have @Niners,Bears,Redskins and @Denver...Obviously we have to win this game!!In case of some tiebreaker and the fact that they have a 1 game lead on us at this point...If we win out which will be very,very difficult to do,then we DON'T need them to lose any of the other 3 games listed for us to leap them in the Wildcard standings!As we would both be 9-7 and our head to head win.. beats them out.But if you want to have a clear path for a wildcard at an 8-8 record,than them losing 1 more wouldn't hurt...I think that Denver game could be tough for them at Milehigh Stadium and I think they go 8-8 for the year as well,like the Cardinals!

3)Lions still have Dallas,@SD,KC and @GB...As we know,we have to win out to reach the 9-7 plateau or lose 1 more for the ole' 8-8 record.Since we already own the tiebreaker over them,we only need them to lose 1 more game and for us to win out to surpass them in the wildcard race!I think them losing 2 games is a pretty solid BET with that brutal tailend of a schedule...Their only sure win is the Chiefs game,but even that could possibly go either way if the Chiefs would block every now and then!I see an 8-8 record at best for the Lions!

So there you have it...!All 3 teams above us at 6-6 are almost sure bets to lose 1 more game and very,very likely that all 3 lose 2 of the last 4 games remaining...I see 8-8 records for all of them which STILL would allow us to lose to the Giants or Cowboys game and still get in as the #6 seed!!(Can't lose Bears game)

NOTE:These teams above are 6-6 and have a 1 game lead on us,but beating the Vikings on the road would have us passing them in the Wildcard picture as we would have won against All 3... the Vikings,Lions and the Cardinals!Of course...Beating the Vikings is an absolute must for ANY chance at all!!

4)Bears still have @Redskins,@Vikings,GB and the Saints...Just like the Vikings game,this game is an absolute must win!Not only that but that next matchup against the Vikings would do us alot of good as it helps by the Bears or Vikings eliminating each other playing head to head the next following week...Simply put?We beat the Bears this Thursday,we can actually root for the bears to catapult us by them beating the Vikings and/or Saints!Of course we will have the tiebreaker over the Bears if we beat them and somehow have the same record at the end of the year!I see the Bears going 8-8 at best...That Giants loss was pretty devastating to them! :) But more likely they go 7-9 or 6-10!

5)Eagles still have Giants,@Dallas,@saints and the Bills...We need them to lose the Giants and Cowboys games! :notworthy We don't need them moving ahead of us by division wins so if they lose those 2 games than their done period!!1-5 division record.. ;) Plus...we may need their help beating the saints as they are also 5-7 as well!

The point I'm trying to make here is if we just took care of buisness,we can eliminate Minny and the bears just by beating them and easily moving into that #6 spot!I know football is very hard right now for the organization to think about as this death has been a catastrophic event that no team should go through!I see no better way to celebrate Sean's death than going all the way and winning it all!If we do somehow slip into the playoffs...here is the possible miracle in the works! :notworthy

#1 seed Dallas draws Bye

#2 seed Packers draws Bye

---------------------------

#3 seed Bucs (Imo...remaining games @Houston,Falcons,@Niners and Panthers)

#4 seed Seahawks (Imo...remaining games Arizona,@Carolina,Baltimore and@Atlanta)

#5 seed Giants

#6 seed Redskins (hopefully at 9-7,but perhaps at an 8-8 record if everything plays out OK and we somehow win all the tiebreakers)

Redskins @ Bucs=Redskins

Giants @ Seahawks=Giants

Redskins @ Cowboys=Redskins

Giants @ Packers=Packers

Redskins @ Packers=Redskins

----------------------------------

#1 Seed Patriots=Bye

#2 Seed Colts=Bye

#3 Seed Steelers

#4 Seed Chargers

#5 Seed Jaguars

#6 Seed Titans

Titans @ Steelers=Steelers

Jaguars @ Chargers=Jaguars

Jaguars @ Patriots=Patriots

Steelers @ Colts=Colts

Colts @ Patriots=Patriots

Superbowl 42

--------------

Redskins@Patriots

With the senceless death of Sean Taylor and the heartwarming love from even the rivals such as the Cowboys and Eagle fans,one can't help but feel like we would be the "Good guys" in such a scenario VS the "evil empire" such as the Patriots who Lie,Cheat and Steal for success and unfortunately lost a player do to drowning that probably didn't recieve the Media attention that maybe some family members had hoped for!But of course their other infedelities was probably the soundbyte for the 2007 season alone!

Having smacked us earlier in the year 52-7,they would probably be favored even more than the Colts over the Jets in SB 3 were(+37)?I think we know how that turned out!

I think it would be safe to say that this SB would be the most watched event ever!!

Patriots (18-0) VS Redskins (11-8)...assuming we go 8-8 during the season!(12-7 if we go 9-7)

I don't care how many boneheaded plays Gibbs may have been responsible for...A win of this magnitude would more than solidify him as the Greatest coach EVER...

Gibbs still has a chance to save face....But he MUST do it NOW!!

(sorry for such a long post) :cheers: God bless...Merry Christmas and HTTR!!! :helmet: 21...we all love ya!!

this is worst than that homer on the radio Larry Michaels.

Archived