Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins vs. Bears Prediction Thread (merged)

hail2skins

After what this team has been through in the past week, including the heartbreaking loss yesterday, many think that a Redskins team running on empty doesn't have much chance on Thursday.

But I'm thinking this team still has at least one more game left in the tank.

Redskins 20

Bears 17

Too emotionally drained, lackluster coaching, mental breakdowns. Losing streak continues :(

We have the lead at half-time, up by maybe even two scores. Same ole same ole though as the Skins sit on a lead and Bears come roarin back to beat us 20-17 with a fg at the end to win it. :( I hope I am wrong.

I would like to see our boys get one, but I cannot see how they possibly have anything left to offer. These guys have basically been going nonstop since last Monday when the bad news came out...and were completely drained by the 2nd half yesterday. Flying to Miami today, sitting at a funeral for 4 hours, and flying back from Miami, with 2 days to get ready for a rough house team like Chicago....I will hope for the best and probably force myself to think we will win come Thursday, but my gut tells me there is no way in hell.

Bears 21 Skins 6.

Bears 23

Skins 13

6-10 this year more than likely , sad but its been a rough year

I think this is about right. Also, this is a very short week with only Tuesday and Wednesday to prepare for Thursday's game. Monday being spent in Miami for the team showing their last respects for Sean. There is simply not any time to prepare for the game against the Bears. Moreover, the Bears are in the hunt for a playoff spot and they will be ready - we won't. Campbell will continue to cough up the ball and we will will have a number of 3 and outs in the second half. Also, I am on record of claiming we will be 6 and 10. I think I am wrong...we will be 5 and 11.

:2cents:

17-7 Redskins, The Bears have been just as awful with 2nd half leads this season as we have been they choked against the Giants. Randy Thomas coming back helps that sieve we call an O-Line to get some yards for Portis. However we make the mistake of kicking to Hester it will be Bears 21 'Skins 17. Just DON'T kick to Hester

Before we get to the Bears games, I'll list the winners of the Bills game. The final score was Bills 17 Redskins 16. The Redskins were favored by 6 and the O/U was 37. That means the Bills covered and it was an Under. I predicted Redskins 27 Bills 20 . I lost both.

There seems to be only two Winners:

The1toask 20-16

ArtMonk_fav.redskin 17-13

Now, on to the Bears Game.

The Redskins are favored by 3 and the Over/Under is 37.5.

This is a nationally televised game on the NFL network Thursday Night. However, the 2007 season is over for the Redskins. They lost 4 games in a row. They are now 5-7. There are only 3 teams in the NFC with a worse record (Rams, Falcons, 49ers). The Bears are coming off a tough home loss to the Giants. The Bears were up 16-7 going into the 4th quarter only to let the Giants score 14 points in the 4th quarter. The Bears lose 16-21. This has a familar ring to it, doesn't it?

I would predict the Redskins lose, but that would mean they would win. So I will not give them the satisfaction. I will predict the Redskins offense has a good day and defense and special teams both score a TD. Gibbs has always done well against the Bears.

Redskins 45

Bears 31

I will take the Redskins and give the 3 points and the Over 37.5.

Redskins 45

Bears 31

I will take the Redskins and give the 3 points and the Over 37.5.

You're predicting 76 points from the 17th and 24th ranked offenses?

It will be windy and in the low 30s Thursday night, not conducive to a high scoring game.

And after what's happened the past couple weeks, i can't blame the team for being absolutely drained at this point.

Bears 20

Skins 3

Archived