Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin Towels on ebay

Walking Deadman

Y'know,

I thought it was bad enough that people were jacking up prices on ebay for jerseys of Sean (ex: a replica Taylor selling for $200 with a buy it now of $500 and in the description a RIP Sean).

But now I'm seeing the Taylor Towels from the game yesterday going on ebay for the lowest 16.00 (with time left) to 132.00......

just take a look:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Sean+Taylor+Towels&category0=

Now I know there were a bunch of Bills fans there yesterday, but I hope there aren't Skins fans doing this **** (yeah, I know....it's a free market yadda, yadda.....doesn't make it right though does it?)

"In loving Memory of Sean"......more like

"In order to make a buck off of Sean's death" :rolleyes:

Look at where they're located, you KNOW it is a bunch of so-called Skins fans. Then check the time remaining and do a lil math, some of them were getting them on EBay as soon as they got home. That and the fact that there are some multiples from people that stole someone else's (that's what it is if they took several and left others with nothing when they ran out) it really does make you wonder about the fanbase, BASE being the important part of the term.

On a solemn day when we should be focused on the funeral I cannot help but be ashamed that we as Skins fans have sunk so low as to see this happening.

Y'know,

I thought it was bad enough that people were jacking up prices on ebay for jerseys of Sean (ex: a replica Taylor selling for $200 with a buy it now of $500 and in the description a RIP Sean).

But now I'm seeing the Taylor Towels from the game yesterday going on ebay for the lowest 16.00 (with time left) to 132.00......

just take a look:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Sean+Taylor+Towels&category0=

Now I know there were a bunch of Bills fans there yesterday, but I hope there aren't Skins fans doing this **** (yeah, I know....it's a free market yadda, yadda.....doesn't make it right though does it?)

"In loving Memory of Sean"......more like

"In order to make a buck off of Sean's death" :rolleyes:

This is a new all time low for skins fans, look at the location of the products. Its sickening that people would try to profit off a dude who is not even buried yet. I dont buy the Bills fan thing, look at the location of the products:

huntingtown, MD

Queenstown, MD

Delmar, DE

Suitland, MD

Suitland, MD

fairfax, VA

Those are skins fans not buffalo fans....disgusting. If i ahd one of those I would frame it and place it on my wall. BTW, some of these people are selling multiple towels, one of which currently has a bid for $132 :doh: :yikes:

-Grant

Hey, if someone is stupid enough to buy one of those $2.00 towels on eBay, then take their money. You could have your own printed up for probably $10 a piece and they'd look just as good. Besides, everyone knows death brings profiteering. I'm not a proponent of it, but think people should just look at this objectively.

Nor am I trying to be unsympathetic, but they're just towels. Sean didn't sign them, wear them, hold them or even see them. I do understand the sentiment attached to the fact they were given out at the game, but IMO they're not irreplaceable.

A year from now as far as eBay goes, no one will care about the towels and will probably be selling for $5.

If someone really wants to pay $130+ for a towel, let them. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Did the Skins waive parking fees yesterday or drop concession prices yesterday in honor of Sean?

These could be individuals or a family of 4 selling extras and I can't blame them for trying to get some of their money back from going to a game.

Here's a new low for Redskins fans, I had jackasses texting me at the game asking me to get them a ST towel. So I sent masss message back telling them if they were a true fan then come to the game and get one yourself..show some respect...

SO because some of us have never been able to go to a Skins game (Geography, timing, and pricing being issues), that means we aren't "True fans". Give me a break, I've been rooting for the skins since I was in elementary school, I've never quit rooting for them even during the Turner/Spurrier/Shot years, that's just as ridiculous statement as I have seen. However, 150 bucks for one? No way I'd pay that even to have a momento, good Lord that's a lot of cash for a towel.

i dont see the big deal, or how they are any less of a fan. and its not like they arent going to another skins fan.

i think the towels should have only been given out to people in redskins gear. and one per person.

also you had to know this was going to happen, why bother making a thread about it?

This makes me sick i just went on ebay and found several listings for the towels at over $100.00. I went to the game yesterday and it will forever be remembered in my heart. I too will be framing the towel along with my tickets from the game yesterday!!

wow... well I can at least confirm 2 towels are in the hands of fans. My friend who went with me and got the tickets from his boss earlier this year is a diehard Bengals fan, but he gave the towel he got to his boss who provided us the tickets from his season tickets. Sucks that someone who isn't even a skins fan can make sure the towel gets to a real fan, and yet people who claim to be fans sell them.

Archived