Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Onion: " NFL Had Previously Warned Sean Taylor About Spending Quiet ..."

NYSkins1

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/report_nfl_had_previously?utm_source=onion_rss_daily

Report: NFL Had Previously Warned Sean Taylor About Spending Quiet Evenings Alone At Home

MIAMI—Immediately after Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor died from gunshot wounds sustained when an unknown intruder broke into his Florida mansion and assaulted Taylor, NFL officials announced that they had warned the Pro Bowler against indulging in such risky behavior as sleeping quietly in his own home. "We communicated to Mr. Taylor several times that his lifestyle, including his insistence on living in a high-crime city and associating with such known troublemakers as NFL players, was potentially dangerous," a statement from the league's legal department read in part. "Although we are greatly saddened by Mr. Taylor's death, we feel we have lived up to our responsibilities in this matter." Following the announcement of Taylor's death, spokesmen for the league reached out to all NFL players and warned them of the risks of doing absolutely anything whatsoever.

I know some of you will think this is in bad taste, but I think this is actually a brilliant satire of some of the mediots saying Sean Taylor brought this on himself. I feel bad laughing at it, but I can't help it.

it's not in bad taste but could have come out later,right now is to soon

I kinda agree. I love the Onion, and it makes an excellent point, but its like I almost refuse to believe that all of this is real. Until I read these stories, it is just like a punch in the stomach realizing that he is really gone.

Sorry if that makes no sense, but it is the best way I can put it right now.

I kinda agree. I love the Onion, and it makes an excellent point, but its like I almost refuse to believe that all of this is real. Until I read these stories, it is just like a punch in the stomach realizing that he is really gone.

Sorry if that makes no sense, but it is the best way I can put it right now.

By that logic, you should be opposed to any and all articles regarding the tragedy.

Great job by the onion here.

By that logic, you should be opposed to any and all articles regarding the tragedy.

Great job by the onion here.

I just think it may be a little too soon for satire. I am not opposed to news, I am not opposed to feature stories, but maybe just a shade too soon for sarcasm. Just my opnion.

I am not criticizing The Onion, I realize they have a job to do. It is just taking me a while to come to grips with this.

Like I said, it is a good point made by The Onion, and a good story. For me personally though, I am not ready for humor regarding this story.

Maybe I am wrong, but just my :2cents:

I just think it may be a little too soon for satire. I am not opposed to news, I am not opposed to feature stories, but maybe just a shade too soon for sarcasm. Just my opnion.

I am not criticizing The Onion, I realize they have a job to do. It is just taking me a while to come to grips with this.

Like I said, it is a good point made by The Onion, and a good story. For me personally though, I am not ready for humor regarding this story.

Maybe I am wrong, but just my :2cents:

I hear you. I'm right on that fine line, but I happen to be on the side that can find it funny. :2cents:

Archived