Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis & Moss Let Gibbs Down Again

bulldog

#1 His lack of pocket presensce and reading defenses is the problem.

His pocket presence was outstanding, he stepped up in the pocket a number of times to avoid pressure, and kept standing tall in the pocket with his eyes down the field despite having defenders draped over his legs.

You can't ask for a much better performance in that respect.

I'd also like to know where you get the idea that has trouble reading defenses. I saw no such instance. The read was corret on the Barber interception, it was simply a spectacular play made by him.

#2 He once again advertised his target, once again we lose in the clutch.

He forced a throw that wasn't there, is that advertising a target? I don't think so. He made a number of great throws today working through his progressions, are you being intentionally dense?

His pocket presence was outstanding, he stepped up in the pocket a number of times to avoid pressure, and kept standing tall in the pocket with his eyes down the field despite having defenders draped over his legs.

You can't ask for a much better performance in that respect.

I'd also like to know where you get the idea that has trouble reading defenses. I saw no such instance. The read was corret on the Barber interception, it was simply a spectacular play made by him.

He forced a throw that wasn't there, is that advertising a target? I don't think so. He made a number of great throws today working through his progressions, are you being intentionally dense?

Sorry, I cant babysit you and explain the game to you. You don't agree then fine. He has a problem reading defenses, this game like others... Want proof? Watch again, prehaps with someone neutral as you dont seem to see it.

Sorry, I cant babysit you and explain the game to you. You don't agree then fine. He has a problem reading defenses, this game like others... Want proof? Watch again, prehaps with someone neutral as you dont seem to see it.

Actually you just had the game explained to you. It is not his fault you are too dense to read what he said. :2cents:

Campbell will be a great quarterback if he isn't ruined like Ramsey..........remember him. Pummeled by the lack of protection. I thought he was pretty good & gritty, but he was ruined with no protection.

The only weapon that the Skins have is short passes. Campbell has no time to look downfield. Did you hear today that he is the leading rusher for all quarterbacks?

How long will it take for the brain trust to realize that they cannot run in the red zone?

Here's a hint, if you want to run in the red zone, at least make it look like a pass with a couple of receivers. Jeesh.

Great response, proved quite well that your perception of Campbells shortcomings has been pulled straight out of your ass.

The Skins have to really rebuils without spending dollars on washed up once great players that just want a big pay check without the effort.

The Skins pay the money & they just stay on the sidelines saying thanks for another couple years.

Next stop ESPN!

Moss is starting to look like the player he was with the jets. People over there said he would drop balls and was always injured. You can add big game fumbler to that.

This team has got to do what it takes to win. It looks like some players are playing like they're not all that motivated or excited. I see no overt signs of excitement or anything resembling that they are fired up and ready to put a whupping on somebody. I'd like to see Santana show some fire and stop playing like it is just a job, a daily grind to get through. Heck, the whole team since Taylor and Rogers have been sidelined appear to be playing on a lower emotional level. Maybe the team just reflects the head coach's personality.

Time to cut ties with Portis at the end of the season. It seems like Bettis has more passion for the game and he proved last year he can be the workhorse back.

I was kinda disappointed in Betts. I felt he could have had a better game. He ran out of bounds when he could have cut it back for a LOT more yards. It seems his confidence is shaken since being demoted to only a couple of carries a game. I was definitely cheering for Betts and McCardell to play well. I think Caldwell is another guy that I will cheer on as well. These guys are definitely diamonds buried on the bench.

The only reason Campbell was forced to throw the ball so much in the second half was because of the Portis and Moss turnovers in the first half :)

Campbell should be the ONLY player on this offense struggling to make plays given the relative experience of Portis, Moss, Cooley, etc.

Instead, these players are dropping balls, fumbling and failing to show the way forward.

Right now Keenan McCardell is the best wide receiver on this team.

Why? Because when you throw the ball to him he catches it, no excuses.

No, he doesn't get 40 yards of RAC to look sexy on the highlights. But all those flash plays are useless when you gift wrap points to the other team on turnovers early.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I totally agree. Experienced players should make plays. That's why they are still in the NFL because they are experinced veterans. Didn't happen today.

Campbell had THREE turnovers. Thats the most out of anyone.

He's the goat as far as I'm concerned.

True, and it was Capmbell's INT that cost the Skins the game last week also...but the Skins would not have even been IN the last two games if it were not for Campbell's coming-of-age play in these games.

Portis really should be stepping up his play at this point in the season, as he did in 2005. Moss needs to get healthy and concentrate on bringing the ball in more consistently before looking to turn and run. These guys are supposed to be the playmakers for THIS offense...not the opponent's defense.

Just ignore this guy. He been in other threads running his mouth. He doesnt seem to know alot about football.

You base that from? Thanks, get back on the short bus.

Jason doesn't read the D very well that is why a corner gets to him on his blind side, as well as he throws into double coverage.

Yeah I saw Portis in the Comcast post game interview -- what bugs me about him is he never says its on him. He more or less said well I have games when everything goes right and once in rare occasion they won't -- more or less brushing off his responsibility.

Santana said after the GB game it was on him, Jason does it all the time. I have yet to notice Clinton saying that he screwed up

They actually do get a lot of responsibility, especially Moss, who failed to pick up his game again. When it came down to clutch time, it was mostly McCardell and Caldwell making plays.

Course, Moss has a bad wheel, but he still needs to suck it up and make some plays.

Jason

He did make plays. He did have a drop and a fumble and that's all on him. But he was thrown bad balls 3 times. He caught everything else he was thrown. Additionally, what game are you people watching. Moss was double covered the entire game. When Jason threw his first pick, McCardell was WIDE open over the top. THE COACHES need to do a better job planning plays to take advantage of defenses loading up on Moss. The last pick would have been a TD if Manning or Brady were here(bet on it). The coaches did a fantastic job calling plays in Dallas and totally forgot how to call plays today. Turnovers, bad coaching and poor Oline play doomed us today, not individually Moss.

Archived