Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis & Moss Let Gibbs Down Again

bulldog

Could you imagine this board if Betts fumbled twice today.....dropped passes, played like total crap....and couldn't gain one single yard on that fourth down play in the second half?

"Oh, why didn't they give the ball to Portis on fourth!"

Now take into consideration that we pay Portis 5X AS MUCH MONEY.

5X AS MUCH!

The bar should be even higher for that loser.

Get him off the team already........rid Washington of that loser and his contract.

Build a team.

Because it hasn't been their shining hour, that's for sure.

I agree the "playmakers" share a large portion of the cause of our woes. But you can't let the coaching off the hook. We have the most highly paid, highly decorated and most experienced coaching staff in the history of football. You expect to see rookie coaches make rookie mistakes.

But with a HOF coach, you don't expect:

• Little league level clock/challenge/timeout decisions. That's what we've been getting.
  • Horrible personell decisions that exacerbate our injury situation and will cripple the team for years to come. That's what we got.
  • Inability to adjust the game plan and assignments due to injury or poor performance of our starters. We play and use our backups like they were starters. A HOF coach should know he has to adjust his game to the talent available, and have his team and game plan cover for the subs inabilities. There is usually a good reason they aren't starters.
  • Inexplickable decision to hold our talented young franchise QB back for so long with regards to his experience and development. We should have started the season with Jason playing at about the level he showed around the Dallas game this year. He lost half a season for absolutely no reason. JG could not risk the evil eye from MB in church I guess.
  • Conservative playcalling, playcalling by committee, whatever you call it. It has been terrible. Especially from a HOF coach with a multi-million $ OC.
  • Insistance on taking a knee to preserve a losing score at halftime. No guts, no glory.

I could go on, but I would like to add that todays loss was more on the players than the coaches. JC made key mistakes, but showed a lot of talent for essentially a sophmore start. There is no excuse for CP or Moss.

But that doesn't negate the losses caused by our HOF guy this season. We should be fighting Dallas for home field, not hoping other shatass teams lose. Even with our injuries and todays poor performance.

It pains me to say it, Portis is just not the same this season. My 11 yr old, who worships the ground CP walks on...turned to me and asked why Portis was stopping all the time. He mentioned that he stops on his cuts and never seems to pull away with any speed in any of his runs. I wish it wasn't true, but CP just doesn't look like he has the burst he had before. His cuts are weak and he is not decisive in his reads. It just appears that he is hesitant and is not sure of what he wants to do or where he wants to go. Oh well...

First of all, let me start off by saying that i will always see Moss as a true redskin because of those two games against dallas...

Having said that...

He's been making alot of mistakes. That fumble earlier on in the season that cost us the game, the fumble today that resulted in 7 points, the penalty, dropped balls... What do you guys think is the cause of all these mistakes? is it the heel injury? if so, then maybe he should rest until he's fully healed. If it's something else, i would love to know what it is.

its more of the fact that he "sucks"

we are a better team with him not playing

Here are the stats for drops in the NFL:

1 Devery Henderson NO 8

2t Reggie Bush NO 7

2t Santana Moss Was 7

4t Plaxico Burress NYG 6

4t Keary Colbert Car 6

4t Steve Smith Car 6

4t Roy Williams Det 6

4t Jason Witten Dal 6

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFC&type=Receiving&rank=232

Steve Smith, Roy Williams and Plaxico Burress are top 10 receivers in this league. This should give you an idea of how common 6-10 drops are in an NFL season. Has Moss made some critical drops? Yes. But, his numbers are not that far off of some of the elite.

That being said, I do believe that this entire list of players should be ashamed of themselves. At most, I feel like you should have 1 drop every other game.There is only one player on that list that is not a multi-millionaire (Henderson). I can't go into my office and say "you know what, I missed that injury." "My bad, I'll get it next time." These guys need more accountability and that starts with coaching.

Here are the stats for drops in the NFL:

1 Devery Henderson NO 8

2t Reggie Bush NO 7

2t Santana Moss Was 7

4t Plaxico Burress NYG 6

4t Keary Colbert Car 6

4t Steve Smith Car 6

4t Roy Williams Det 6

4t Jason Witten Dal 6

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFC&type=Receiving&rank=232

Steve Smith, Roy Williams and Plaxico Burress are top 10 receivers in this league. This should give you an idea of how common 6-10 drops are in an NFL season. Has Moss made some critical drops? Yes. But, his numbers are not that far off of some of the elite.

That being said, I do believe that this entire list of players should be ashamed of themselves. At most, I feel like you should have 1 drop every other game.There is only one player on that list that is not a multi-millionaire (Henderson). I can't go into my office and say "you know what, I missed that injury." "My bad, I'll get it next time." These guys need more accountability and that starts with coaching.

now compare their stats

they have similar drops to moss because they had more balls thrown at him, and they have 3x more tds then moss, and more yards.

its not even close

I know that people expect us to win now, but in reality Jason Campbell has just finished his first full year statiscally as a starter. I am pleased with how he is coming along. Does it make me angry that two weeks in a row now that we have gone down to drive the length of the field and we throw an int to lose the game. Yes it does. However, I would say that in his first full year he has shown that he can throw the ball and he is starting to develop some chemistry with a very pedistrian receiving corps and a makeshift offensive line. Given what the expectations were this year for the redskins, I would say that I am happy with his development thus far. By next year at this time there is no progress, then I will be concerned. Not every QB can have the rookie year that Ben Roethlisberger had.

Sorry enough is enough.

Gibbs let Gibbs down.

It is his goal to motivate and prepare these players and week after week they continue to make mistakes that should all be blamed on the HC.

We continue to beat ourselves not teams. 6 TO's in the most important game of the season I put it all on Joe. It is time to end this experiment.

Yeah Gibbs caused 6 turn overs... If you knew anything at all about the man, you'd know he spends hours a week devoted to not turning the ball over.. He in all reality can't do more during the week to stress it and still have time to come up with a gameplan and run practices.. Outside of Campbell these guys have been in the league for years and should know better.

Portis and Moss are nothing but clowns this year. They are, at best, distractions to the defense. Put Moss out there as the #1 to occupy their #1 CB, but don't ever make him the first option in the play. Our other receivers are unfortunately playing a lot better than him right now. It's sad because I have a Moss Jersey sitting on the chair beside me and aside from the 14-13 dallas win it's basically worthless to me now. If he was having a bad year I wouldn't even mind, but this is beyond bad. He is not only failing to make good plays, he is also causing significant bad plays that singlehandedly lose games for us.

They did, but unfortunately JC must share in the blame for this one too. Moss and Portis got their act together in the second half for the most part. I love JC, but the guy must make better decisions in critical situtations in the future. This is the second straight week his poor decision making has cost this team dearly. He did great putting into position to win, but he must be smarter with the ball when it really counts.

I thought Moss was open, but the throw was a tick too late. I wonder if Jason will learn or if he's always going to be a tick too late because of that little windup in his delivery.

Campbell had THREE turnovers. Thats the most out of anyone.

He's the goat as far as I'm concerned.

uh huh... listen goatboy!

Our O-line can't handle a basic 4 man rush and Jason is running around and getting beat up all day long... thats his fault, huh?

Portis and Moss fumbling the ball within our own 30, that is Jason's fault, huh?

Jason HAVING to throw b/c we are behind and the Tampa Defense dropping 7 back the entire game... that is Jason's fault, huh?

Moss still dropping passes on his hands... that is Jason's fault, huh?

I have yet to see Jason lose a game single handedly this year... and on the flip side, he keeps giving us chances to win. the fact that he doesn't get frusturated with a revamped O-line and inconsistent play all year round by his WRs and RBs is enough for me in basically one full year of playing.

Portis is so overpaid it's not even funny. I can't remember the last time Portis made a game changing play that didn't hurt the team.

Ladell sure did run with purpose while he was in there. I'm personally a Portis fan but he's got to produce....and I don't mean fumbles. I thought he was coming back on track after the last few weeks.

I thought Moss was open, but the throw was a tick too late. I wonder if Jason will learn or if he's always going to be a tick too late because of that little windup in his delivery.

I watched that play from a few different angles, and I'm not sure if there was any throw that he could have made that would have gotten to Moss.

If u haven't realized this by now...Portis and Moss go hand and hand when there's a bad day. IF Portis messes up, it seems as if MOss will mess up and vice versa. I don't know it's this way but that's what I've picked up on...it seems to be a pattern.

WHAAAAT? I thought I was the only person who noticed this. I wasn't going to say it, but I'm glad I aint alone on that one.

Archived