Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bin Laden:Dead or Alive?

Ax

Osama Bin Laden is dead.

Or at least I believe he his. For someone who loved the camera as much as he did, I find it hard to believe that he would not want to PROVE he is alive to the world. These audio tapes that have come out prove nothing. A video could be more convincing. But even they can be doctored. And, if a video can be doctored, how easy do you think it would be to make a bogus audio tape recording. Or put together a "best of" tape from all the years he has enjoyed listening to his own voice. (I'll bet he even had a karoke machine) In the most recent tape, it says he will die soon. Could it be the start of the propaganda story that will say how he died peacefully in his cave after humping his camel? I just think his followers are trying to perserve his Mythic posture for as long as they can. But even they know they won't be able to do it forever, so they're starting to bring it to a close by this latest tape.

Now some may say, "these tapes have been authenticated by the CIA" and that may be true. But how can anyone be certain WHEN they were made. They can't. Besides, maybe they see a benefit to letting people believe he's alive. It would make it easier to defend a mission that killed a bunch of civilians if they had the "we had intelligence that Bin Laden was in the area" card to play. Wouldn't it?

You might say, just because he used to be a hot dog for the camera, doesn't mean he's not just laying low for security reasons. Again, very possible. But I would find it easier to buy if he was lying completely low. Make everyone think you're dead, and then show up again unexpectedly to strike fear and panic into everyone.

Plastic surgery? Possible. But he strikes me as to vain. He would want people to know who he was. Don't you think?

Anyhow, maybe if someone in the government came out and said "He's dead, and we know he's dead" it would provoke him to respond. One way or another. Then again, maybe it wouldn't. But what could it hurt. He's already hell bent on attacking us or our friends, so that shouldn't stop us. The worst that could happen would be that some low level official would look like a fool if it turned out Bin Laden was truly alive. So what?

Besides, Bin Laden is dead.

I think we should operate under the assumption that he is alive until we have better evidence of his death. I go back and forth thinking he's dead, alive, dead, alive.

I, too, am suspicious of his supposed "messages" from hiding. If he was truly alive, one would think he'd like to stick his tongue out at us by proving it without a doubt. He could, however, be giving in to paranoia from being on the run for so long. He could be convinced our eys and ears are everywhere and be truly afraid to stick his head up.

2 things.

1- I think we either killed him and know we did, or have captured him. Either way, it would serve no purpose to let the world know about it. If the Muslim extremists knew he was dead, he would become a martyr. IF they knew we had him captured, they could blackmail us. It's best that he's simply gone. I dont believe that any of the audio tapes are him, but we let the world continue to think it is, because it benfits us if they think he's alive.

2- If he is alive (Again, read above 1st) I would guess he's altered his appearance.

I he is alive, and as much as I would want to see him suffer some of the same horrors so many of our people suffered at his expense, it would not be wise to contribute to his played out ego and of becoming a martyer.

What would be wonderful would be to force him to commit suicide in the presence of his supporters/friends. Suicide is taboo and send you to hell according to the Koran...........:cool:

• 3 years later...
In a stunning 1/2 punch the Republicans will bring him out dead in September to match the dead Z man in Iraq.. Thus gaining 13% more votes for November.. He's been in Iowa this whole time...

(Nobody would think to look there)

Or he could be in West Virginia, posing as a goat

clearly, he is in big trouble alive or dead. he takes months to put out audio tapes because he knows we are close to tracking him.

doesn't really matter- in a way it has its benefits that he is still out there- aside from Howard Dean talking points he really can't do anything anymore- but keeps us in the game gunning for Al Qaeda around the globe.

at this point he might be worth more to us morale wise than to recruiting new terrorists..

Archived