Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Im really starting to think online poker is rigged.

WVUforREDSKINS

Well, well, I suppose my instincts were spot on.

Sucks that I did play on Absolute and Ultimate Bet. Look at the date of the OP and then look at the times they were cheating below. I have yet to hear from them (assuming they actually plan to pay people back or if I was considered a victim) about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_Poker

UltimateBet had a cheating scandal similar in nature to that of Absolute Poker.[15] In May 2008, it released a statement about the scandal. The company stated that cheating took place from March 2006 to December 2007. The company claimed the cheating was perpetrated by employees of the former owners, Excapsa Software.[16] According to the company, the fraudulent activity was traced to unauthorized software code that transferred hole-card information of other players to the perpetrators during play. UltimateBet stated it had removed the cheating software as of February 2008 and began issuing refunds to affected players

1st rule: Never play a cash game in 100 years.

I know a group of college guys that scam on there 10 hours a day, every single day of the week.

All they do is sit in front of their computers, smoking pot, and waiting for a sucker to come in.

They all work in tandem, all are logged into yahoo messenger, and they just wait for you to come to the table.

Once you do.......it is now your hand against all of their hands. They simply messenger their hand to all of the other players the second it is dealt, so everyone but you knows exactly what cards have hit the table.

And they never get caught. They are shifty. Sometimes there is only one seat open when you arrive....other times the table is empty, you are the first to sit down, then they contact each other and slowly over the next 30 minutes the other seats fill up.

They split their profits between the group daily.

Now that is serious grinding.....but they make a pretty good living off of it.

If you are going to play.....def stick to the tournaments.

I never understood what stops two or three guys getting on an online game and chatting with each other in an AIM chatroom while the game is going on and make big winnings.

:applause: Nothing does.

The sites claim they look for that behavior....and to a very small extent that may be true.

But in reality, the more players, the higher the stakes and the higher the rake for the site.

Teams like that exist, and simply rotate from site to site to avoid detection.

:applause: Nothing does.

The sites claim they look for that behavior....and to a very small extent that may be true.

But in reality, the more players, the higher the stakes and the higher the rake for the site.

Teams like that exist, and simply rotate from site to site to avoid detection.

Hahaha, yeah, I just read your above post right after I posted mine.

I hate poker, both online and in person...but if I could learn enough and get some friends together to do that, damn right I would.

Wouldnt even need to chat as long as everybody sat at the same table or 2 or 3 they could talk though extreme skins

Hell, im in.

EDIT: Although, my concious would probably get at me. I was ****ing about being cheated in poker and here I am condoning people and thinking about scamming it. Now if there was a way scam the system....

I never understood what stops two or three guys getting on an online game and chatting with each other in an AIM chatroom while the game is going on and make big winnings.

Like others have said nothing.

So this is why I use a poker room that shows players locations and there are never more than 3 or 4 from the same country. I feel pretty secure. Unless of course they are doing an international small stakes poker scam. In that case I feel more sorry for them.

I am farily happy with the room I use right now.

Just a suggestion, but since collusion on gambling sites is probably illegal you might want to take this to PMs. If you all really mean it.
Playing online poker is illegal, so the additional step of collusion probably won't get them in any more trouble.

I can see the website owners laughing their ass off everytime they get a new registration.
I'm with you. I'm amazed at how many people pony up their money into a situation where they're completely at the other guy's mercy, then suspect the other guy "might" be screwing them.

I'm with you. I'm amazed at how many people pony up their money into a situation where they're completely at the other guy's mercy, then suspect the other guy "might" be screwing them.

Well, there are many regular people who make money and some even make a living at online poker.

I haven't played in months and got a notice that one site I used to play one was going to put some free money if I made another deposit with them. I though ok what the hell? I made a $100 dollar deposit and cashed out for $250. They are send me a check within 2 weeks.

Plus I still have money on the site. So for now, im up $150 from this on site.

Archived