Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor (researched)

Retire 21

Why does everyone think Taylor is so great? His career stats (since 2004) are basically the same as roy williams.

Since 2004:

Tackles:

Williams - 290

Taylor - 299

Advantage: Push

Solo tackles:

Williams - 235

Taylor - 238

Sacks:

Williams - 2.5

Taylor - 2

Pass Defensed:

Williams - 27

Taylor - 34

Advantage: Taylor (Barely)

Interceptions:

Williams - 12

Taylor - 12

Touchdowns:

Williams - 3

Taylor - 0

Advantage: Williams

These guys are the same players! The hit like a ton of bricks and are average in coverage. I know redskin fans think Taylor is so awesome because he has 5 picks this year. Williams has done that twice, last year and his rookie year.

Taylor was not the deciding factor in this defense. He is a run supporting safety just like williams.

Not really. The biggest differences between Sean Taylor and Roy Williams is he doesn't have to horse collar people to bring them down and he can play the pass. Williams hits hard but gets burned easy.

To Cincy: you are ignorant. I disregarded your whole post because you can't do your research. Taylor had game-winning touchdowns (off of fumble recoveries) in the last regular season game of 2005 against the Eagles as well as in the Wild-Card playoff game that season against the Bucs.

Consider that ST was leading the league in interceptions a game before he got injured, and your analysis is poor at best. Also consider that ST is a coverage safety and still has more tackles than Williams. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Why does everyone think Taylor is so great? His career stats (since 2004) are basically the same as roy williams.

Since 2004:

Tackles:

Williams - 290

Taylor - 299

Solo tackles:

Williams - 235

Taylor - 238

Sacks:

Williams - 2.5

Taylor - 2

Pass Defensed:

Williams - 27

Taylor - 34

Interceptions:

Williams - 12

Taylor - 12

Touchdowns:

Williams - 3

Taylor - 0

These guys are the same players! The hit like a ton of bricks and are average in coverage. I know redskin fans think Taylor is so awesome because he has 5 picks this year. Williams has done that twice, last year and his rookie year.

Taylor was not the deciding factor in this defense. He is a run supporting safety just like williams.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha......Hahahahahahahahahaha.....Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Ok, now that I got that out of the way, lets be serious....unlike the guy who posted this nonsensical stats comparison.

Roy Williams is the most horrific cover safety in football! Not just the NFL, not just the CFL, not just the XFL, but football in general.

Sean Taylor is to football what Torii Hunter is to MLB and the outfield. Taylor is not JUST a run supporting safety, he is the reason why prior to this Cowboys game, we were best in the NFL against the long ball.

Fans like this guy just make me wanna scratch my head, then get em a subscription to ESPN the Magazine.

he was talking out of hisOUTOFMYLACKOFINFORMATION.:laugh:

watch the first skins drive yesterday. on the back to back cooley receptions who was responsible for covering cooley? ill give you three guesses and the first two dont count.

i firmly believe that if taylor plays yesterday we win.

Sean Taylor has and always will own TO. TO doesn't do **** on him ever. You forgot to add that it was Taylor that broke TO's fingers last year which led to him leading the NFL in drops.

Do you watch the game or just look at stats? Williams is a great tackler, thats it. He sucks in coverage, it is ridiculous how awful he is in coverage. Sean Taylor shuts down the deep ball. Stats don't show that.

Stats are misleading. Taylor has five INTs this season, more than any other time in his career. He is being played differently this season than last. Its all up to the type of defense you are in to what your stats can be. Sean Taylor would have a lot more INTs had he been used this way his whole career, then they would say he is a coverage safety.

Taylor is solid against the run and very good against the pass. The latter can't be said about Roy Williams.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha......Hahahahahahahahahaha.....Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Ok, now that I got that out of the way, lets be serious....unlike the guy who posted this nonsensical stats comparison.

Roy Williams is the most horrific cover safety in football! Not just the NFL, not just the CFL, not just the XFL, but football in general.

Sean Taylor is to football what Torii Hunter is to MLB and the outfield. Taylor is not JUST a run supporting safety, he is the reason why prior to this Cowboys game, we were best in the NFL against the long ball.

Fans like this guy just make me wanna scratch my head, then get em a subscription to ESPN the Magazine.

Theres no need to say anything else Gilgamesh. Just, hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....ahahahahahahahahaha....hahahahaha.... ha..hehe......heheheheheh.....he.

not to mention regardless of the individual stats, the skin defense does obviously loads better with taylor in the game; teams try to not pass to anywhere that taylor is near cuz he is so good.

I agree :applause:

nice to see a so cal kid keeping up with the Redskins!!

To Cincy: you are ignorant. I disregarded your whole post because you can't do your research. Taylor had game-winning touchdowns (off of fumble recoveries) in the last regular season game of 2005 against the Eagles as well as in the Wild-Card playoff game that season against the Bucs.

Consider that ST was leading the league in interceptions a game before he got injured, and your analysis is poor at best. Also consider that ST is a coverage safety and still has more tackles than Williams. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

True with the fumble recoveries for TDs... the poster screwed up his stats...

Since 2004:

Tackles:

Williams - 290

Taylor - 299

Solo tackles:

Williams - 235

Taylor - 238

Sacks:

Williams - 2.5

Taylor - 2

Pass Defensed:

Williams - 27

Taylor - 34

Interceptions:

Williams - 12

Taylor - 12

Touchdowns:

Williams - 3

Taylor - 0

dude its not about stats

taylor shutdown moss, owens, chad johnson, antanio gates, tong G.

hes the reason our secondray is good

TDs & INTs do not determine your value. The may determine if you go to the Pro Bowl or not because they are sexy statistics but you impact in the game often can't be measured. Nobody is afraid to go deep to Roy William's side but they are when Sean Taylor is out there. He has only 5 picks this year because Offensive Coordinators have finally learned their lesson. After the Packers game, nobody has really taken a meaningful shot down the middle of the field. Sean Taylor may not get another INT this season because of his performance in the first half. Its like a star punt returner who has take quite a few to the house....nobody is going to kick it to you anymore. Nobody will throw with ST back there and that includes the Patriots. The long pass they completed was to the sideline just outside of Shawn Springs. The one time they attempted down the middle it was broken up by ST and Fletcher. INTs and TDs do not tell the whole story. Roy Williams invented the horse collar tackle and that is what he is known for. That and getting cooked twice by Santana Moss in the Monday Night Miracle. Sean is known for his hits and the range he has in coverage. Roy Williams can't even hold ST's jock strap. I suggest you watch more football and not just the Cincinnati Bengals because that defense is putrid.

I just heard on the John Riggins show. Through the first 8 games of the season we only allowed 6 plays of 30 yards or more all season with Sean Taylor in the game. The last 5 quarters without ST, we have given up 5 TD's of 30+ yards.

That right their tells us everything we need to know. Sean Taylor is the man, if he plys yesterday we are 6-4

Didn't Sean Taylor score a TD against the Eagles when we went to the playoffs? Nice stats...

Run support safety? Did you not see the ground he made up to pick off Brett Favre this year? He has lost weight and has become faster this season. He is definitely a coverage safety. Shows how much you know about football..

Great thread. Sean Taylor is the greatest talent I have personally seen at safety(on tv of course) since Ronnie Lott. Now I'm not saying that Sean's on THAT level yet, but I think he most definitely has the tools to get there. His impact is amazing! His presence ALONE in a ballgame takes away the deep threat from the opposing oc. His intimidating presence in the defensive backfield cuts most teams' yac yards in half! Now he's developing into a ball hawk, & we all know of his hard hitting reputation! This guy is doing stuff I NEVER saw dawkins or leroy butler do, & his best years are AHEAD of him yet. What good fortune we have to watch him play for Washington!

In fact, I'll take Sean Taylor's impact on the Skins & the league a step further; he NEEEEEEDS a pass rusher in front of him! Imagine how many interceptions are out there for ST if there's somebody in the qb's mug, harrassing him & hurrying his passes? With that kind of talent patrolling the backfield, an average-to-good pass rush in front of him turns Washington's defense into a perrenial top 5 unit. The man is THAT big a contributer to our team, in my estimation.

Touchdowns:

Williams - 3

Taylor - 0

Not saying I'm disagreeing, but some counterpoints:

1. Taylor did that since he was a rookie. Roy Williams is supposed to be in his prime.

2. I could've sworn Taylor had two TDs in 2005.

I think we are going to turn it around and soon. I really do see us with 10 wins at the end of the year. Campbell knows it himself. Taken from Redskins Post Game Live:

"I guarantee you things are going to quickly turn our way and you are going to see the Redskins on top again."

Since 2004:

Tackles:

Williams - 290

Taylor - 299

Solo tackles:

Williams - 235

Taylor - 238

Sacks:

Williams - 2.5

Taylor - 2

Pass Defensed:

Williams - 27

Taylor - 34

Interceptions:

Williams - 12

Taylor - 12

Touchdowns:

Williams - 3

Taylor - 0

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAH WTF :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: run support??? HAHAHAHHAHA omg you can bash and be jealous if u want but at least ACT like you know what you're talkign about wow nub

Archived