Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor (researched)

Retire 21

Alright, I know the whole coulda woulda shoulda stuff is a bit bush league, but I'm going to be completely honest.

I guarantee the Redskins take a 3 game winning streak into Tampa if Sean Taylor had not gotten banged up and forced to miss half the Philly game and then the Dallas game.

Yes, we could have won both these games if not for little things, which I will get to later. BUT! Think about this...

Sean Taylor is THE free safety in the NFL. In the Eagles game, an awful pass is thrown up in the air and Pierson Prioleau loses the trajectory of the ball allowing Reggie Brown to turn an awful pass into a TD.

Sean Taylor does not lose that ball, I will tell you folks he is running the other way with it GUARANTEED.

You think TO lights us up for 4 TD's yesterday with Sean Taylor, THE REAPER, THE MEAST, THE BETTER HALF OF AREA 51 back there? **** no.

Let's take a look at TO vs. S-Dot in NFC East matchups

First game they played was in 04 vs the Cowboys, Sean Taylor's rookie season. Skins are thoroughly thumped 28-6.

TO = 2 catches, 24 yds, TD

Taylor comes away with a pick and 5 tackles.

Fun Fact: Ola Kimrin was our kicker

3 weeks later, Philly takes us 17-14, TO is the talk of the town putting up TD's on everyone, he is clicking with McNabb they are heading to the Super Bowl

TO = 6 catches, 46 yards, lost a fumble

Taylor gets 5 tackles again

Watch around :35. TO starts crying and Sean Taylor never backs down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj0rEv6Gfk8

Also watch around 1:30 to see him **** TO up again and then TO cries to his trainer.

In 2005 TO was already out of the lineup by the time we play Philly for the first time.

Time for 06, Redskins (Taylor) vs Cowboys (Owens). We go on for a 5-11 season, Cowboys make the playoffs (lol at Cowboys vs Seahawks game)

27-10 loss to Dallas. Numbers go like this...

TO = 3 catches, 19 yards

Taylor = 7 tackles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qRyVGStoO8

Start watching around 3:15 to see Taylor absolutely pwn TO and the boys. Again TO is crying. I think Sean Taylor is being a little too rough with him, poor baby.

Next game, the amazing win against Dallas

TO has a good game, his first against Sean Taylor

TO = 7 catches, 76 yards, TD

Taylor = 8 tackles

Now everyone stop. TO finally has a decent game against us, what does Sean Taylor do. Negates it. Taylor picks up a blocked FG and runs it back across the field setting up a GW field goal.

From ESPN: Later in that quarter, a wide-open Owens dropped a long pass when he was behind the defense and seemed certain to give Dallas a two-touchdown lead.

"I owe this one to the team," Owens said. "I let the team down. Honestly, I think it was a lack of concentration."

Time to bring this full circle. If Sean Taylor is playing TO doesn't put up 4 scores, he's lucky to get one, and Reggie Brown doesn't get that long TD catch, it's being ran back the other way and Philly fans are left watching number 21 streak across the screen effectively ending their season.

I'd like to guarantee one other thing, he may never admit it, but I guarantee that TO was thinking his lucky ****ing stars when he heard that Sean Taylor wasn't going to be playing this week. Bet that.

Taylor likes the challenge of playing big mouthed jackass receivers, like Randy Moss and TO. Yeah he didn't get to do that much in the Pats game, no one could. You watch that NE game and after Moss pushes off he sits down as quickly as he can, you can see the fear in his eyes. Why? He sees Sean Taylor moving like a Great White Shark through the ocean about to maneat him.

I'll tell you one last thing, Sean Taylor was seething watching TO torch our secondary and not being able to do anything about it. He'd be pissed if it was anyone, but I guarantee he was especially pissed cause it was TO and he knows if he were out there, there would be no way that that happens. TO is a baby, Sean Taylor is a man if there ever was one.

Sunday, December 30, 2007. At FedEX.

Fin.

nice post, and completely agree. Sean Tayloe in that game, we win. TO is left crying yelling at his teammates....again.

Yeah, absolutely, they drop that game and there is mayhem in Dallas, and TO looks like the whiny ***** we have all come to know and hate. That being said, I wish I could've seen TO's reaction if he had had the 4 TD's and they'd lost. That would've been priceless, he would flip out talking about how good he is and how bad everyone else is. What a punk.

The real question is will they have the cash to sign him next year. That is going to be a lot of money tied up with landry and taylor if they do.

ST is signed through 2009. It will be two weeks on Sunday since the injury. I am praying that he will be back this week. This is a huge game against Tampa.

Yeah, absolutely, they drop that game and there is mayhem in Dallas, and TO looks like the whiny ***** we have all come to know and hate. That being said, I wish I could've seen TO's reaction if he had had the 4 TD's and they'd lost. That would've been priceless, he would flip out talking about how good he is and how bad everyone else is. What a punk.

What was hilarious was watching him on the sideline trying to pump everyone up after his TD and people just looking at him like he was nuts.

I agree 100% with this post. Take out the NE game and look what the defense was doing with ST in the game. Shut down the Lions, Cardinals, Giants and the first Eagles game. The second Eagles game there offense is doing **** and then ST goes out and all of the sudden the Eagles are a ****ing juggernaut. Not only does Reggie Brown not score I dont think that screen pass is taken to the house either. It just sucks that injuries can ruin a season.

Each and every time I see those TO highlights, I can see Taylor leveling him right as or just after he catches the ball. Great effort by the skins without him, but if he's in there TO is semi-conscious by halftime. Romo sits to pee was thanking his lucky stars too. Campbell would have had way better numbers than him in that game without his TO connection.

Why does everyone think Taylor is so great? His career stats (since 2004) are basically the same as roy williams.

Since 2004:

Tackles:

Williams - 290

Taylor - 299

Advantage: Push

Solo tackles:

Williams - 235

Taylor - 238

Sacks:

Williams - 2.5

Taylor - 2

Pass Defensed:

Williams - 27

Taylor - 34

Advantage: Taylor (Barely)

Interceptions:

Williams - 12

Taylor - 12

Touchdowns:

Williams - 3

Taylor - 0

Advantage: Williams

These guys are the same players! The hit like a ton of bricks and are average in coverage. I know redskin fans think Taylor is so awesome because he has 5 picks this year. Williams has done that twice, last year and his rookie year.

Taylor was not the deciding factor in this defense. He is a run supporting safety just like williams.

Why does everyone think Taylor is so great? His career stats (since 2004) are basically the same as roy williams.

Since 2004:

Tackles:

Williams - 290

Taylor - 299

Solo tackles:

Williams - 235

Taylor - 238

Sacks:

Williams - 2.5

Taylor - 2

Pass Defensed:

Williams - 27

Taylor - 34

Interceptions:

Williams - 12

Taylor - 12

Touchdowns:

Williams - 3

Taylor - 0

These guys are the same players! The hit like a ton of bricks and are average in coverage. I know redskin fans think Taylor is so awesome because he has 5 picks this year. Williams has done that twice, last year and his rookie year.

Taylor was not the deciding factor in this defense. He is a run supporting safety just like williams.

You are including his rookie year. You do know that he leads the league in interceptions right? DO you also know that he broke most of Ed Reeds U records in 1 less year?

To the Cowboys fan comparing Taylor to Roy Williams because they have similar stats I want to say this:

It is laughable comparing the two. Taylor is better in every facet in the game. When it's all said and done Williams is going to be remembered for directly getting the "horse collar rule" initiated and Taylor is going to be remembered for his bust in Ohio and for his ability to take over games as a safety. Sorry, pal. There is a difference. A big one.

Yeah, fortunately we have the Pats game to debunk this nonsense. It's the scheme, not the players that's the MAIN problem.

I don't agree at all. Yes, a better scheme may've helped, but I think the players were lost out there much of the time.

The Pats game was an aberration, everything broke down and went wrong, it happens to teams still trying to find their identity. I don't think the Pats game debunks this theory at all. Taylor takes TO out of this game, just like always.

TO would never admit it, but even the only other stud wideout in the NFC East, Plaxico Burress, said it: he fears playing against Sean Taylor more than any other player in the league.

Since 2004:

Tackles:

Williams - 290

Taylor - 299

Solo tackles:

Williams - 235

Taylor - 238

Sacks:

Williams - 2.5

Taylor - 2

Pass Defensed:

Williams - 27

Taylor - 34

Interceptions:

Williams - 12

Taylor - 12

Touchdowns:

Williams - 3

Taylor - 0

This is the funniest thing I have seen. I have family memebers that are die-hard Cowboys fans that would take Taylor over Williams in minute. Roy Williams is a one dimensional safety who is overated. Sean Taylor does everything and completly shuts down the big play. Don't ever compare the two, you make yourslef look stupid.

Archived