Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor (researched)

Retire 21

Ken Hamlin is second in INT. Do you now consider him a "cover " safety? Williams twice has had 5 int. Point is I am not saying williams is a great safety, I just think it is funny that the same stuff you bash williams about can be said about taylor.

What is your deal with "5 ints" ST did that in 7 games this year...

This season he has finally been put into a position where he can put up those stats...and I was 100% certian that he would be the leader in int's when put in position to do so...(like Ed Reed)

Like most of the people here, i strongly support our point that ST is a Ball Hawk type safety and always have...Gregg Williams has an absolute hard on for ST and also says that he has elite speed for a CORNER...most of us have heard that interview before this season

Keyshawn Johnson says "One safety stands out in my mind...Sean Taylor Its mindboggling how much ground he can cover...somethin somethin...if he gets his head on straight he can be one of the BEST EVER"

Guess what...his head is on straight...thats more than i can say for T.O. the next time we play =)

Stats from NFL.com

In 55 games (3.5 years), Sean Taylor has 238 solo tackles, 61 assists, 2 sacks, 34 passes defensed, 12 INTs, and 8 forced fumbles with one recovered for a TD. (Sorry guys it's true, he only has one regular season TD :()

People already mentioned his other was in the playoffs against the Bucs. That TD helped us win that playoff game.

When was the last time Dallas won a playoff game?

I didn't include roy's first 2 years because it would only help my case. He has....5 int his rookie year!! who else has 5 magical int?? I guess they are totally different.

Not that this needs to be repeated, but Cincy, you're a moron.

You're excited because Williams had 5 ints in a year? Why?

With Taylor we're talking through half a season.

Dallas also has a better defensive line which plays a huge part....

Did anyone else hear Aikman or Buck mention how R. Williams on Cooley was a mismatch for the Redskins?Williams a mismatch on a T E does not speak very highly of his coverage ability.Williams is not even close to Taylor in terms of an all around safety.Roy really is more of a L.B. that has lost a step or two, in my opinion.It seems to me the reason he makes so many horsecollar tackles is that he is out of position or behind the play.

Originally Posted by Skins-in-CT

Stats from NFL.com

In 55 games (3.5 years), Sean Taylor has 238 solo tackles, 61 assists, 2 sacks, 34 passes defensed, 12 INTs, and 8 forced fumbles with one recovered for a TD. (Sorry guys it's true, he only has one regular season TD :(

People already mentioned his other was in the playoffs against the Bucs. That TD helped us win that playoff game.

When was the last time Dallas won a playoff game?

I know the other was in the playoffs. I only used regular season stats because the puke fan (cincywhatever) wanted to use real numbers and it would not have been a fair comparison (not that it was anyway, ST owns RW :D). Playoff stats aren't counted in career totals, at least on NFL.com

Archived