Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mp3 Player Discussion Thread

ixcuincle

the new Zune looks good. has gotten good reviews. But as much as it painsa me, I think the Iphone is the best. the resason I say is because I already carry a phone around, why carry a separate device when I can have just one. I don't have and Iphone or any other MP3 player myself, but I think the Iphone is what the zune should have been.

Looking through the Sunday ads and Sansa is on sale. It's still 150 ish though , for that price I could get a 30 gb Zen Vision M which has more space. I'm leaning towards a Vision M at this point.

look online, you'll see completely different prices. i got mine a year ago for $120, they are dirt cheap online now.

for example, the sansa e260, the one i have, on ebay is $65

http://cgi.ebay.com/e200-Series-Sansa-4GB-MP3-Player-e260-SDMX4-4096-A70_W0QQitemZ230193147805QQihZ013QQcategoryZ114632QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Somebody started a thread last year about the black friday sales so I signed up for this newsletter thing that sends me this http://bfads.net/Adscans. Site is freaking awesome if you're into shopping. My wife is, I'm not but damn if I might start because of the awesome sales this thing leads you to.

Anyway, the reason for me telling you that was to tell you this. Black Friday at Toys R Us you can't get a 30GB Zune for $80. If that ain't a deal nothing is. I don't have one but will next Friday. Only catch is the sale is only on the brown one.

I have one that's a year old from Arcos, nothing fancy, uses Media player and I've had no problems whatsoever with it. I like the ease of media player and have a bunch of friends that have complained about losing their music on Itunes because of one wrong click of the mouse. Buddy of mine lost 3,500 songs. WOW! That'll piss a brother off.

• 2 weeks later...
Creative Zen Vision M

(comes in 5 colors)

30/60 GB

Outstanding screen w/ over 252,000 colors

Radio/Microphone incl.

25 Hrs for music or 5 hours for video

Supports Rhapsody/Yahoo Music/Napster To Go so you don't have to pay $1/song on iTunes.

the vision M is good too.

creative zen vision M

nuff said

Zen Vision M is the early leader in the race : 160 dollar price on Amazon and you all seem to like it. But this review on Amazon is holding me back...

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000CS7U1C/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?%5Fencoding=UTF8&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R267L6XW46DQH8

My daughter has a Zen Vision M. I was very impressed with it.

to start off, you don't want an mp3 player with a harddrive, moving parts are too likely to fail.
I don't think you can dismiss a HD player just because it has moving parts. I bought a Creative Nomad 3 in 2002 and it's still running perfectly. I also have a Creative Muvo 2 (4 GB) which I bought in 2004 and it's still running perfectly as well.

• 4 months later...

I'll comment further on my Creative Nomad Jukebox 3...

Bought it in June 2002, about six months before the iPod was released. It was one of the first to use the Lithium-Ion. Sounds great. Came with a 20 gig drive, but I put a 40 gig in it about a year later. Comes with the following accessories/advantages:

excellent sound quality

Holds two removable batteries

Wired remote

Wireless infrared remote and receiver

USB port

Firewire (ieee 1394) port

analog/opitical line in for recording

two (2) dedicated line outs

There's never been one since that's had all these accessories. I love mine, still use it almost every day, and I hope it lasts forever.

http://hai-tech.stores.yahoo.net/hd0003.html

This is an old thread but with all the new players coming out I thought I'd see if people had anything more to say.

sandisk is really starting to diversify their mp3 players a bit. you can pick up an e200 dirt cheap now (but they're still really good quality and they have rockbox support (assuming you don't get the v2)) or you can get one of their newer mp3 players. if you're looking for something just to play music, maybe you want the sansa clip. otherwise, look to the sansa View or the sansa Fuze. they come in pretty high capacities for flash players, add in a microSDHC card, and there's unlimited storage capacity. Video playback, FM tuning, Voice/FM recording... very nice functionality and durability. In my opinion, better than an ipod, and as a bonus, much cheaper, too.

Archived