Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We should just cut Brandon Lloyd now and move on

FanSinceSonnyJ

I am so sick of reading and hearing about this underachieving, overpaid guy. He has been a total bust. Period. For the past 18 months we have been waiting and waiting, reading how anytime now we can expect big things out of this guy, still we see zippo. Now he's out for 6 weeks or whatever it's going to be for landing on his shoulder at practice. Who cares? He's just taking up roster space anyway. Cut this no-talent now and move on. The elderly K McCardell has more upside than this guy.

Why our WR situation was not addressed in the off-season is beyond me. Oh, that's right, we had no draft picks and are bumped up against the salary cap. While we're showing Lloyd the door, we might as well lead Cerrato out as well and hire a real GM - but we can discuss that one on another post.

Sorry guys, I'm just getting sick of this nonsense.

So who will be our starting WR's against the 8-1 Cowboys this Sunday? Perhaps we can convince Monk and Clark to come out of retirement and play. Even in their mid to late 40's, they probably still have more game than Lloyd. :mad:

Well, he does have his house for sale (as of 11/11/07).. He knows that he is gone after the season.. I was shocked to see that "recording studio" wasn't listed in the room description.

http://www.homesdatabase.com/cherylkenny/LO6590979

That should not be $1.9M. My aunt has the same exact home in Ft. Washington for a heck of a lot less.

Nonetheless, don't let the door hit Lloyd on the way out. Another D. Sanders type move w/ Vinny & Co., minus the history of Deion:doh:

It's a shame that we not only have a great history of signing busts, but they always seem to be HUGE busts. Heath Shuler, Dana Stubblefield, Deion Sanders, Jeff George, Bruce Smith, Steve Spurrier, Adam Archuletta, and now we're adding Brandon Lloyd.

I had hopes for the guy, but it's painfully obvious we got Ryan Leafed once again.

We'll be starting KM and El, with Reche as the 3 man.

You're right, BL has not produced this year. But either has Moss. Both have 0 TD's, and Moss has way more drops.

The problem with just cutting BL is that his cap hit will be severe. He signed a 5 year, 30 million contract with 10 mill guaranteed. Since he's only in year 2 of his contract, well, you do the math.

PS-This thread should probably be merged with one of the countless other BL threads.

It's a shame that we not only have a great history of signing busts, but they always seem to be HUGE busts. Heath Shuler, Dana Stubblefield, Deion Sanders, Jeff George, Bruce Smith, Steve Spurrier, Adam Archuletta, and now we're adding Brandon Lloyd.

I had hopes for the guy, but it's painfully obvious we got Ryan Leafed once again.

Perfect example of an idiot. Do the same thing over and over but expect different results!:doh:

Shuler was a massive bust, but I wouldn't label him a signing bust since he was a draft pick and not a FA aquisition. Stubblefield was a bonehead signing. Word on the street was that he got all those sacks the year before we signed him bc Bryant Young was getting doubled, allowing Stubblefield to go 1:1. Deion, just plain stupid. Ex Cowboy and hated by fans, and on the downside of his career. Jeff George, lol. Known headcase. Bruce Smith, we got what we hoped for. Some production from a guy at the tail end of his career but not worth the money. Spurrier, lol. We didn't know what we had with Marty. And he fired Vinny! AA, a C+ player in another system becomes an F in ours...but paid like an A+ superstar. And BL, whether he got his chances or not this year is now irrelevant. No production.

Granted, we've had some good pickups along the way like M Washington and Randy Thomas but you know the saying...throw enough you know what at the wall and something is bound to stick. Overall a lousy FA record in the last 10 years.

Hopefully we learn from our past mistakes and take a more tempered view of free agency. This year was a step in the right direction. Let's hope going forward that we emphasize the draft and supplement with FA, not the other way around.

Since we already don't have a full 08 draft and will likely lose another pick (contingent on Kendall's playing time) looks like it will be more of the same.

I am so sick of reading and hearing about this underachieving, overpaid guy. He has been a total bust. Period. For the past 18 months we have been waiting and waiting, reading how anytime now we can expect big things out of this guy, still we see zippo. Now he's out for 6 weeks or whatever it's going to be for landing on his shoulder at practice. Who cares? He's just taking up roster space anyway. Cut this no-talent now and move on. The elderly K McCardell has more upside than this guy.

Why our WR situation was not addressed in the off-season is beyond me. Oh, that's right, we had no draft picks and are bumped up against the salary cap. While we're showing Lloyd the door, we might as well lead Cerrato out as well and hire a real GM - but we can discuss that one on another post.

Sorry guys, I'm just getting sick of this nonsense.

So who will be our starting WR's against the 8-1 Cowboys this Sunday? Perhaps we can convince Monk and Clark to come out of retirement and play. Even in their mid to late 40's, they probably still have more game than Lloyd. :mad:

I second that, I'm done rooting for him anymore....

The Brandon Lloyd saga is truly pathetic just as all the other free agent busts that have been dragged in here over the past 10 years.

Lloyd is set for life as a result of Danny guaranteeing him $10MM for 23 stinkin' catches. Unbelievable how we keep making the same poor roster decisions over and over again.

Archived