Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Holders Stand Up

CommishDC

I have four Club level seats with orange parking and pay about $13,000 for the season. When I see the Skins lose like they did against the Giants and now to the Eagles I feel cheated. I can't even get someone to buy my tickets at a discounted rate (and take a loss) The seats are overpriced. There is NO equity at all in being a season ticket holder. It's a losing proposition. Does anyone else feel the same way?

$3000/$13000/$30000

The price you pay does not dictate wins.

You buy the tickets because........

1)Your a Redskins fan

2) You can afford it

Same reason why my family and I spent $700 at the Redskin store on our summer vacation.

What I want to know is living in MO. why do I see so many empty seats?

No, why did you buy clubs? Not that ALL of the seats aren't overpriced just wondering why you got clubs? It's an investment. When they are losing you are going to have to bite the bullet because you won't be able to sell many. When they are winning you will have everyone asking you for them. Did you get season tickets to sell them and make money or go to the games????? I got them because I love the sport of football and the Redskins and thats never going to change no matter how hard they suck. I didn't get my tickets to worry about making money on them, I got them to have one hell of a Sunday 10 times a year and cheer my ass off until I have no voice. If you are worried about someone taking the tickets off of your hands and you are only worried about seeing Dallas, Phili and NY every year then you made a mistake. Scalping is your way to go. There is no doubt it is a HUGE commitment to have season's for this team.

Single game tickets are the way to go. Much cheaper, better selection, and you don't have to buy preseason or any of the games you can't attend. Season tickets are overpriced when you look at the secondary market the day before a home game.

Club seats are WAY overpriced. If you don't believe me, try selling them and recovering your costs.

I'm not a season ticket holder but I did buy tickets from stub hub for every game this year. I can kind of empathize with you in terms of paying good money and watching the skins field a lousy product.

I may as well be married to this team when you look at the amount of time, energy, and money I spend throughout the year so I guess I feel more cheated when I look at the bigger picture... This team dictates my mood for the first half of every week. On days like this, after a redskins loss, I'm basically a miserable depressed human being. I kind of feel like a beaten wife on the show Cops. "My husband beat the sh*t out of me but I know he still loves me!" It's like the battered wife syndrome.

I'll be back for another beating next sunday as well...

So yes, today I feel very cheated.

I am a club level ticket holder, at least until my lease expires at the end of 2008. I have a specific question about fan behavior:

How much of a problem do you find having with people getting up in the middle of a play to leave, thus making people stand up and blocking the view of others? This happened repeatedly yesterday early in the game and it got to a point where I was noticeably upset to others around me. If someone tries to get by in my row, I stick my hand up and tell the person to please wait until the play is over. And these people give me a look like I'm the azz! But when it happens in the row below me, I can't control it, and I have people standing in front of me while I'm trying to watch a game. I mean, do people have any manners?

Maybe I get this problem because I'm in the wine-and-cheese club and also sit near the aisle. But do any of you in the uppers and lowers have this issue?

3 years havent missed a game, 1st year 'official' ticket holder in my name.

I have zero regrets. These tickets draw me together with a bunch of fellow Skins fans, especially since I joined the ES/RR tailgate this year, which absolutely rocks. And one day my son will be sitting next to me, so it's also an investment for the future.

I am a club level ticket holder, at least until my lease expires at the end of 2008. I have a specific question about fan behavior:

How much of a problem do you find having with people getting up in the middle of a play to leave, thus making people stand up and blocking the view of others? This happened repeatedly yesterday early in the game and it got to a point where I was noticeably upset to others around me. If someone tries to get by in my row, I stick my hand up and tell the person to please wait until the play is over.

There are so many newcombers with a 90k+ stadium, hail2, they don't know better. If it gets bad, call an usher. Plus, it is against the stadium rules, whatever that's worth.

I got the letter that my name is up to get season tickets next season...I already sent in my deposit. Living in Arizona I should be able to make it to 3-4 games the first couple years. Yeah, they'll be nose bleeds, but there is somehting pretty awesome about having them in my name.

If I lived within an 8 hour drive of Fed Ex I would have Club Seats...I have sat in the Club section before and it was awesome! Especially if you are bringing your prissy wife to the game and she'll want more to eat than a hot dog.

Single game tickets are the way to go. Much cheaper, better selection, and you don't have to buy preseason or any of the games you can't attend. Season tickets are overpriced when you look at the secondary market the day before a home game.

Club seats are WAY overpriced. If you don't believe me, try selling them and recovering your costs.

Yes. I think most club season ticket buyers are caught up in the romance of it all, and don't do the research. Then they're sorry later. Or they're corporate buyers.

The fact is, club, loge, dream, and TD club are all horribly over priced. And those same seats can be bought during the season at around 35% or less. Tailgate club may be the best deal, since you can recoup your initiation fee eventually, and you only pay face for those hard-to-get lower bowl tickets. Plus you get parking. Just don't buy the tailgate club passes from the Redskins. If you want 'em, get 'em online from ebay, stubhub, or a broker.

I have four Club level seats with orange parking and pay about $13,000 for the season. When I see the Skins lose like they did against the Giants and now to the Eagles I feel cheated. I can't even get someone to buy my tickets at a discounted rate (and take a loss) The seats are overpriced. There is NO equity at all in being a season ticket holder. It's a losing proposition. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I'm right there in Club at about the same cost for my pair ... it's a short term stint as a means to an end (LL seats in 2009). I'm not worried about selling them off because I enjoy going to the games and supporting my favorite team. I do share your frustration of the quality of play[calling] but what we pay is not based on whether we win or not ... (it would be nice to get, say, 10 percent back on home game losses :cool: )

Personally, I don't believe it is worth the money. We're paying an extra (guessing) $150/ticket/game compared to the average price for a lower level ticket, more than double. For that additional $150, we get a climate controlled environment with places (and bars) to sit and watch TV screens, restaurants and post game entertainment. I prefer to tailgate in the parking lot at either end of the game which is why I don't feel it's worth the money.

Premium seating is what the market will bear and, in due time when more of the multi-year contracts expire, we may see less renewals based on the prevailing rates. I know people who did not renew their Club seats after 6, 8 and 10 year (10 is the max) leases because of the huge change in the cost.

And, yes, I do get irritated with people who pay this kind of money for those seats and wind up staying inside watching the game on TV. Why did you bother coming? If that's all I was going to do, I'd have sold my tickets and stayed home.

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

Premium seating is what the market will bear and, in due time when more of the multi-year contracts expire, we may see less renewals based on the prevailing rates. I know people who did not renew their Club seats after 6, 8 and 10 year (10 is the max) leases because of the huge change in the cost.

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

There are plenty of companies that will buy these seats.

This is my first season as a holder and have no regrets. 3000 for 4 tix, and I sold a preseason game and two other games for face. Putting into perspective, I'm really only down around $700 the season for going to just about every game, as I sell the rest to friends for face value, and they get to go to the game with me. Selling the 'Boys game for profit, the ending financial hit is not that bad, and I get my Skins fix.

I guess its better to have tickets when you're not married or have children, because as long as you have friends who are Skins fans, you are guaranteed to sell the tix for face value and have a great time, and not stuck paying for people who can't afford it (ie. kids) or pay for your wife (who makes you pay for the ticket, then takes your other money anyway).

I do feel bad for those of you who had tickets for years and had to endure these losing seasons. But putting it into perspective, for me, its not a bad purchase. After all, buying these tickets got me to my first Skins game.

I'm a second year holder of season tickets in sect. 441. This will be my last year. The price of tickets isn't worth the hassle of going to a game and fighting traffic. I know I'll be called a traitor or not a "true fan," but the experience is fun 1 or 2 games a year.

You can get a much better deal on single game tickets. Danny boy is making too pricey for fans to come and enjoy themselves. Even if you don't buy a lot at the stadium, you're easily gonna drop $50-100 when you go, excluding gas.

If anyone wants my tickets, let me know. I'll be more than glad to give you the opportunity.

I've been waiting for my seats for a long time, and I finally got them this year. Upper deck, section 406, and I love my seats. Sometimes I think if I had done this earlier I'd have moved down to the lower level by now, but then again, this is probably the first time in my life that I really could afford them. I would have probably given them up (if not for financial hardship reasons, then probably for the Norv Turner thing).

We don't live close, but I've been getting used to getting there and back, where to go and when. Takes me an hour if I get there at 10:15 or so, and just this last game I parked in green A (previously was parking in D) and it worked out much better to get to our seats.

Yeah I wish they were playing better, but this is my team and I've already got some great memories from my first year.

I'm probably going to give up my season tix next year. Why pay $1,200 (2 season tix) to fight the traffic, pay $8 for a beer and $25 to park, watch a poor performance, and then fight the traffic home when I could just watch the Skins on high def TV from the comfort of my home?

I'm probably going to give up my season tix next year. Why pay $1,200 (2 season tix) to fight the traffic, pay $8 for a beer and $25 to park, watch a poor performance, and then fight the traffic home when I could just watch the Skins on high def TV from the comfort of my home?

Dude, try making the the trip from Virginia Beach. You don't know how easy you've got it...

Archived