Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did you notice what else happened yesterday?

ciacbw

There's a pretty good chance the team will make the playoffs this year, but there's also a pretty good chance that they'll lose in the first round. If you're satisfied will the 'Skins being a mediocre team, then that's fine. But, if you want the team to become elite and really contend in the playoffs, then the coaches and the players need to develop a winner's mentality. And that is to play like you're losing every quarter of the game.

I place most of the blame for the timid attitude of the team on the coaches. They are supposed to be the leaders. I quote the words of Julius from Remember the Titans, "Attitude reflects leadership, captain."

There isn't much I can do about the skins or the NFC being mediocre. I want the skins to get into the playoffs because once they are in anything can happen. They were a Moss drop in 05 from playing the bears in the conference championship. Also, if you remember in that year they were 5-6 and left for dead. Gibbs finishes in December.

Everyone on here needs to chill out. Losses happen and bad games happen. I actually felt good about the game. The skins moved the ball easily, JC looked good, CP looked good and until ST went out the D was doing well. And top of everyting its ****ing Dallas week! This is not the week to get down on the skins. :dallasuck

You have reached a levelof zen-like serenity which I fear I shall never reach. At least not when watching this team. I get way too emotional.

Keep dreaming fool. 1st and Goal on the 1: RUN, RUN, PASS, FG...give me a break. The Eagles knew EXACTLY WHAT GIBBS was going to do. Im sure any smart and sane Skins fan knew what we were going to do. Campbell has 3 TD passes and we try to run it on first and second down because that's Gibbs football. Horrible. Playcalling suck...both offense and defense.

You are calling me a fool? So if the Eagles new exactly what Gibbs was doing why were they trailing the whole game? i was there the skins dominated most of the game until ST was hurt.

Everyone on here needs to chill out. Losses happen and bad games happen. I actually felt good about the game. The skins moved the ball easily, JC looked good, CP looked good and until ST went out the D was doing well. And top of everyting its ****ing Dallas week! This is not the week to get down on the skins. :dallasuck

You have reached a levelof zen-like serenity which I fear I shall never reach. At least not when watching this team. I get way too emotional.

I was drunk and pissed off yesterday and wanting to fight but when I got home and saw the bigger picture and all of the other NFC teams lose I felt a lot better. I was also really impressed with Campbell.

There isn't much I can do about the skins or the NFC being mediocre. I want the skins to get into the playoffs because once they are in anything can happen. They were a Moss drop in 05 from playing the bears in the conference championship. Also, if you remember in that year they were 5-6 and left for dead. Gibbs finishes in December.

We owe our 2005 run to Portis's amazing running and our defense's dominance. If Sean Taylor hadn't returned that fumble in the Eagles game for a TD and if Antonio Brown hadn't returned that kickoff to the house against Arizona, then we'd have 0 playoff runs under Gibbs's second stint.

We owe our 2005 run to Portis's amazing running and our defense's dominance. If Sean Taylor hadn't returned that fumble in the Eagles game for a TD and if Antonio Brown hadn't returned that kickoff to the house against Arizona, then we'd have 0 playoff runs under Gibbs's second stint.

But all of that did happen.

I suppose I'm okay with backing into the playoffs by having other teams lose.

But, once in the playoffs, how do we get other teams to beat each other so we win the Superbowl by default? It'd be great if we could just show up for the trophy ceremony.

So now we're settling for the 6th seed, huh? So much for being in the hunt for a division title.

If we make it as a 6th seed, we may eek past the winner of the NFC East, South who will likely be the 3rd and 4th seed. Chances are we'll be humiliated on the road though. Will there ever be a playoff game in Fedex Field?

So now we're settling for the 6th seed, huh? So much for being in the hunt for a division title.

Getting in the playoffs this year (Either as a five or six seed) will give you a good matchup. Either at Seattle, New Orleans, or Tampa

THen you're going to either Dallas or Green Bay in round 2.......

I'd rather we turn around, play hard, and NOT get in to teach these guys to finish if they want to be taken seriously. Unless some massive awakening happens I dont expect much else this year than what we've seen.

Sorry to be the negative nancy.

You are calling me a fool? So if the Eagles new exactly what Gibbs was doing why were they trailing the whole game? i was there the skins dominated most of the game until ST was hurt.

How many short distance situations did the Redskins succeed in with the jumbo package yesterday?

I hate to say this because I love JG, but the game is too fast for him. That is obvious in crucial moments. There is no control and therefore game confidence suffers. Other things are important, like penalties and playcalling, but they are remediable. The other catastrophic matter is the continuous injuries, particularly on Def. I am not optimistic, although will continue to put my heart on the line every Sunday, as always. Hail.

Making the playoffs as a below-average team is not something to be proud of. The offensive playcalling was an improvement until about the last 7 minutes of the game. The defensive playcalling sucked and doesn't show any sign of being changed.

I still see the Skins finishing 7-9 or 8-8 this season. And considering that they barely beat bad teams, they are fortunate enough to end at that good of a record.

Archived