Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did you notice what else happened yesterday?

ciacbw

The Giants, Vikings, Lions and Saints all lost. Those are the teams the skins are competing with to get in the playoffs. Dallas and Green Bay and which ever sorry NFC west team wins are guarenteed but the rest of the NFC is wide open. All the skins have to do is tie Detroit for the 6th seed and they are in. This season by far is not over and there are many more meaningful games to be played.

Everyone on here needs to chill out. Losses happen and bad games happen. I actually felt good about the game. The skins moved the ball easily, JC looked good, CP looked good and until ST went out the D was doing well. And top of everyting its ****ing Dallas week! This is not the week to get down on the skins. :dallasuck

That is true and I was thinking about it earlier. BUT IF WE WON YESTERDAY THST WOULD HAVE TIED US WITH DETROIT AND THE GIANTS!!!!!

That's why I'm mad.

If we had beaten NYG after having a halftime lead, if we have beaten Green Bay despite Moss fumble, if we won yesterday, we would be tied with Dallas in the whole NFC.

IF, IF, IF, there is no IF in football.:mad:

Yeah, I noticed that we missed an excellent chance to separate ourselves from the rest of the contenders. We had a chance to get a 2 game lead on the pack of 4-5 teams still in contention and missed a chance to improve our chances at a playoff berth by improving our conference record to 4-2.

Instead we now have a 3-3 conference record and with the Cowboys game coming up our margin for error is exactly zero.

If we want to 'try' and win the division we must beat Dallas this week. If we lose we are still in for the wild card.

The Lions have a very tough schedule ahead of them.

No forget the NFCE focus on the wild card. Dallas is too good this year and too far ahead. The rest of the NFC is as unpredicatble as the skins.

Yeah, the redskins are lucky that everything remains in their grasp. Slipping into the playoffs because everyone else lost enough times isn't something to be proud of.

After watching what happened after Gibbs left the first time I will take 2 out of 4 years of playoff contention.

We've lost 2 home division games. That's really tough to come back from. Unless we beat Dallas on the road and/or the Giants on the road, we are going to have a lot of trouble with tie-breakers against most of those teams. Basically, we dug ourselves in a hole. It may not be so obvious when you look at our overall record, but it will hurt down the line.

Yeah, I noticed that we missed an excellent chance to separate ourselves from the rest of the contenders. We had a chance to get a 2 game lead on the pack of 4-5 teams still in contention and missed a chance to improve our chances at a playoff berth by improving our conference record to 4-2.

Instead we now have a 3-3 conference record and with the Cowboys game coming up our margin for error is exactly zero.

THe whole NFC is the same way. Look at Detroit, they would have been the clear number 3 in the NFC instead they go and lose to Arizona???? 9-7 will be the record for the 6 seed. If the skins beat Minn and Tampa they will get in.

We've lost 2 home division games. That's really tough to come back from. Unless we beat Dallas on the road and/or the Giants on the road, we are going to have a lot of trouble with tie-breakers against most of those teams. Basically, we dug ourselves in a hole. It may not be so obvious when you look at our overall record, but it will hurt down the line.

I agree with you accept as I have talked to my friends we all have kind of pegged the NFC this way:

Dallas

Green Bay

NFC West

NFC Sout

Giants

Skins/Detroit

We hold the tiebreaker with Detroit. That is why I think we really need to beat Tampa and Minn so they cannot sneak up on the 6 seed.

THe whole NFC is the same way. Look at Detroit, they would have been the clear number 3 in the NFC instead they go and lose to Arizona???? 9-7 will be the record for the 6 seed. If the skins beat Minn and Tampa they will get in.

I don't care about what the other teams do. I care about what Washington does and that's all that matters here.

Also, my point is, 9-7 will not make the playoffs if you don't win the important tie breakers.

We're 3-3 in the NFC and still have to play the Cowboys twice and the Giants once. How well do you think that bodes for our conference record?

Winning this game was absolutely crucial.

wow detroit really does have a tough schedule, next games for them are

Giants------Loss

Packers---- Loss

@Minn------Win

Cowboys----Loss

@Chargers--Loss

KC---------Win

@Packers--Win

Our remaining schedule

@Cowboys----Loss

@TB----------Win

Buffalo--------Win

Bears--------- Win

@NYG---------Loss

@Minn--------Loss

Cowboys------Win to get in

Giants------Loss

Packers---- Loss

@Minn------Win

Cowboys----Loss

@Chargers--Loss

KC---------Win

@Packers--Win

Our remaining schedule

@Cowboys----Loss

@TB----------Win

Buffalo--------Win

Bears--------- Win

@NYG---------Loss

@Minn--------Loss

Do you think there are going to be no other 9-7 teams in the conference?

Giants------Loss

Packers---- Loss

@Minn------Win

Cowboys----Loss

@Chargers--Loss

KC---------Win

@Packers--Win

Our remaining schedule

@Cowboys----Loss

@TB----------Win

Buffalo--------Win

Bears--------- Win

@NYG---------Loss

@Minn--------Loss

I see that 12/30 game deciding if the skins get in or not. Isn't that what makes football so much fun? Plus, once the skins are in anything can happen.

The Giants, Vikings, Lions and Saints all lost. Those are the teams the skins are competing with to get in the playoffs. Dallas and Green Bay and which ever sorry NFC west team wins are guarenteed but the rest of the NFC is wide open. All the skins have to do is tie Detroit for the 6th seed and they are in. This season by far is not over and there are many more meaningful games to be played.

Everyone on here needs to chill out. Losses happen and bad games happen. I actually felt good about the game. The skins moved the ball easily, JC looked good, CP looked good and until ST went out the D was doing well. And top of everyting its ****ing Dallas week! This is not the week to get down on the skins. :dallasuck

:applause: :applause: :applause: Couldn't have said it better myself :cheers: :cheers:

yeah, i dont think we have a playoff coaching staff. we always fall apart in the 4th quarter, and commit too many stupid penalties. that loss could prove to be fatal in the long run.....BUT i did enjoy watching the first 50 minutes of that game; we actually spread the ball out and our offense was effective. we took a couple shots downfield, and even if they're incomplete passes, it stretches the defense. however, our defense has been awful the past two games, and i think it is the playcalling.

Archived