Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Been asking myself these three questions all night long since I couldn't sleep

NFLAnalyzer

Why would the entire Defensive Line Run after Mcnabb on the Eagles Final Drive?

Why would Jason Campbell throw the ball out of bounds when attempting the two point conversion?

Why was Andy Reid and Mcnabb hugging after the game and the Eagles are still sit in last place this morning WITH a losing record?

Why would the entire Defensive Line Run after Mcnabb on the Eagles Final Drive?

Why would Jason Campbell throw the ball out of bounds when attempting the two point conversion?

Why was Andy Reid and Mcnabb hugging after the game and the Eagles are still sit in last place this morning WITH a losing record?

1. What?

2. Maybe it was just a habit if nothing is there he throws it away.

3. Because they've gone through a lot of this year and felt the need for a gay moment.

1. Redskins DL should learn that if they are getting close to the QB and it is less than 2 seconds since the ball has been snapped it is almost certainly a screen. They aren't that good.

2. Well, it is possible to intercept and take it for a TD so you don't want to throw the interception. I personally don't understand throwing the ball away when inside the 15 on 3rd downs, which all teams in the NFL do. Hold onto the ball as long as possible and try and make a play. If you get sacked, don't fumble. Worse case scenario is the FG is a little longer, but still pretty automatic for most NFL kickers. The same logic applies to a 2 pt. conversion.

3. This has been a hard year for both of them personally (Reid w/ his sons legal problems and McNabb has struggled at least partly as he worked his way back from his injury). It has seemed to have affected their personal relationship in a negative manner. I'm guessing they were both happy to have a weak of respite from the Philly fans and media.

1. What?

2. Maybe it was just a habit if nothing is there he throws it away.

3. Because they've gone through a lot of this year and felt the need for a gay moment.

My point is as a NFL QB you throw the ball in the endzone and hopes something happens. Even if he throws the ball in the endzone and it get intercepted it wouldn;t have meant anything but a loss of 2 points. So why would he throw the ball out of bounds like it was 2nd and goal?

1. Redskins DL should learn that if they are getting close to the QB and it is less than 2 seconds since the ball has been snapped it is almost certainly a screen. They aren't that good.

2. Well, it is possible to intercept and take it for a TD so you don't want to throw the interception. I personally don't understand throwing the ball away when inside the 15 on 3rd downs, which all teams in the NFL do. Hold onto the ball as long as possible and try and make a play. If you get sacked, don't fumble. Worse case scenario is the FG is a little longer, but still pretty automatic for most NFL kickers. The same logic applies to a 2 pt. conversion.

1) Agreed.

2) The play is dead as soon as the ball hits the ground or is intercepted. There's no returning points-after in the NFL.

The days that I lose sleep over this team are long gone.

sad but true you come to expect it but, yesterday was A NEW LOW. I AM THROUGHLY DISGUSTED I HATE THE TURD BIRDS and losing in our place like we did is UNACCEPTABLE. They call themselves professionals what a F***ING JOKE

It blows my mind how the Eagles run that same old Screen pass game after game, week after week, year after year against us and we cant catch on. I mean as soon as the the O-linemen release from their d-line assignments and shift to the right how come the D-linemen refuse to put 2 and 2 together and shift with them. Its not rocket science.

Totally undisciplined play or just gawd awful coaching.

4 or 5 guys on that play just starting drooling at the the thought of a sack. Dont they realize their men are intentionally letting them go by???????

Its the one thing that stings me about the loss more than anything right now.

It blows my mind how the Eagles run that same old Screen pass game after game, week after week, year after year against us and we cant catch on. I mean as soon as the the O-linemen release from their d-line assignments and shift to the right how come the D-linemen refuse to put 2 and 2 together and shift with them. Its not rocket science.

4 or 5 guys on that play just starting drooling at the the thought of a sack. Dont they realize their men are intentionally letting them go by???????

:helmet:

Which is why I SMASHED the Tape I recorded the game on. I didn't even want to record over the game, I wanted to destroy it while the game was still on it-lol What a horrible monday this is

This post is never made if we score on ONE! JUST ONE of the SIX chances we had on 1st and GOAL!!!!!

1. Fundamentals and discipline are absent on this team

2. JC will have to make mistakes to learn. i guess that was one of them.

3. The Eagles have a better chance of making the playoffs at 4-5 right now than we do at 5-4. In 2 weeks we'll be all alone in last place. The Eagles knew this was a season changing game. (apparently no one told the Redskins)

My season is OVER. I have cried and I am feeling sad. I have nothing left to look forward to this season....and I now just go into the job day after day admiring the Cowboys and N.E. fans, wishing that somehow years ago I had made a different decision on which team to sell my soul to and give my heart to.

It's about being a winner for most of us. Most of us don't make $80,000 plus a year and have a beautiful home with a pretty wife and so many of us are living from paycheck to paycheck and we feel like it would be nice to have something in our lives that proves we are a WINNER. So, we latch onto the Skins and root and holler to show everyone that we are part of something better than our paycheck to paycheck lives.

But when we are wrong...and we are let down..and we are finally faced with the reality that we are losers because we have chosen to latch onto a worthless franchise of a team that continues to lose, continues to be dominated by teams, and continues to be overwhelmed even by other losers...then the reality sinks in and we are hurting deeper and harder than some of you can ever realize. Because we are actually the ones who are being dominated and told that we can't do it. Unfortunately, we have no control over any of the teams decisions, even when we know we are right. That is always up to someone else...and that would be the people who are letting us down.

So now I will try to block out the feelings I have, try to deal with the pain I am feeling, accept the comments and insults from the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys fans who I work with....and I will suffer in silence until next spring when the number 1 pick in the draft and free agency once again give me some false hope.

3. This has been a hard year for both of them personally (Reid w/ his sons legal problems and McNabb has struggled at least partly as he worked his way back from his injury). It has seemed to have affected their personal relationship in a negative manner. I'm guessing they were both happy to have a weak of respite from the Philly fans and media.

1. True.

2. False. Learn the rule.

3. True.

(While we are talking about the screen pass. Runyon's block on Griffin on that play is one of the most awesome football plays I've ever seen. He basically just punched him and knocked him to the ground.).

My season is OVER. I have cried and I am feeling sad. I have nothing left to look forward to this season....

On the contrary... you have much to look forward to. 7 more games, 7 more weeks, each game becoming more meaningless than the one before until the season mercifully ends and we can root for whoever the Patriots and Cowboys are playing in the playoffs.

I hope and pray I am wrong.

My season is OVER. I have cried and I am feeling sad. I have nothing left to look forward to this season....and I now just go into the job day after day admiring the Cowboys and N.E. fans, wishing that somehow years ago I had made a different decision on which team to sell my soul to and give my heart to.

It's about being a winner for most of us. Most of us don't make $80,000 plus a year and have a beautiful home with a pretty wife and so many of us are living from paycheck to paycheck and we feel like it would be nice to have something in our lives that proves we are a WINNER. So, we latch onto the Skins and root and holler to show everyone that we are part of something better than our paycheck to paycheck lives.

But when we are wrong...and we are let down..and we are finally faced with the reality that we are losers because we have chosen to latch onto a worthless franchise of a team that continues to lose, continues to be dominated by teams, and continues to be overwhelmed even by other losers...then the reality sinks in and we are hurting deeper and harder than some of you can ever realize. Because we are actually the ones who are being dominated and told that we can't do it. Unfortunately, we have no control over any of the teams decisions, even when we know we are right. That is always up to someone else...and that would be the people who are letting us down.

So now I will try to block out the feelings I have, try to deal with the pain I am feeling, accept the comments and insults from the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys fans who I work with....and I will suffer in silence until next spring when the number 1 pick in the draft and free agency once again give me some false hope.

For me, liking the Redskins has absolutely nothing to do with winning. It was simply how I was rasied. The skins can go 0-16 forever and I won't care because at the end of the day I can lay my head down at night and KNOW that I am not a f-ing Cowgirls fan.

Archived