Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gregg Williams Next Coach...thats A No Go

GO GO SKINS

who is john taylor?

I haven't figured this one out either. He's not listed on our coaching staff, which the original mention seemed to inferring.

Like you, I am well educated when it comes to football. I overheard some people talking about John Taylor at work. Apparently, that guy is a quarterback's nightmare.

I'm well-educated too, at least that's what I'm told. Education shouldn't come just from casual hearsay. Perhaps the reference is to Bill Lazor, our QB coach?

Please let the Cooke family take over the Skins again.

No. John didn't do anything remarkable to help the team after his father's death. JKC was the fire in the furnace for this organization. That trait did not seem to carry on to his son.

Jason Garrett may be a good option.

That Dallas-to-Washington pipeline has worked out well for us in the past has it?

Time for a GM, and a fresh new offensive minded guru. Someone who can put 30 points on the board / game consistently!

Not that I'm harping for a replacement, because Gibbs get his last year in '08 if he wants it. But the person you're describing here is Norm Chow.

Carlos is the player from the secondary and Marcus is the 3rd player. Godfrey is a very good backup but he isn't the same player that Marcus Washington is. And I think we can see how much we're missing Carlos from the last two games where we've been dominated via the passing game.

Marcus Washington hasn't been the same Marcus Washington for the last 2 seasons. I don't think having him there would of helped anyway.

I heard (a long time ago) that GW gets $1 million if he's not the [next coach] after JG...can anyone confirm?

I've heard this too. So what? A million dollar payout from Snyder to a non-promoted/departing coach is like a $50 parking ticket to most people. And that cost'll get passed along in concession prices anyway.

Hire a young, brilliant minded head coach coming from the New England Patriots Coaching Staff, a proven GM who knows how to build a championship caliber team, new front office, new coaching staff, new scouts, and new, young talented players either undrafted or coming from the NFL Draft. Keep Jason Campbell. He is a great quarterback, but the Redskins FO must surround him with great key personnel.

Should Gibbs step aside and Dannyboy doesn't want to hire a young, brilliant minded head coach, then he should hire Dick Vermeil. Yeah, Vermeil is old as well, but he and Al Saunders got a good working relationship with each other when they were both with the Rams and the Chiefs.

Im not big on talking new coaches since we are a 5-4 team and certainly arent out of the playoff pictures in anymeans in a crappy NFC, but i could i would like to throw 2 names out there:

First off, i would like to say if Joe Gibbs decides to step away after this season the one guy we should look very hard at getting as our next head coach would be: Josh McDaniels: http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=24595

If you take a look at this guys resume its pretty darn impressive. Hes learned under Charlie Weis, so his scheme is very similar to Charlie Weis offense. The bigger point is that hes been with Bill Belichick for 7 years now. The Jets took a shot after Mangini after about the same time. He's a Sean Payton type of guy IMO and is certainly a guy who i think will look for an oppounity for a coaching job after the season New England is having.

Possible GM: Eric DeCosta: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Team/PersonnelBio.aspx?id=1372

Everyone talks about Ozzie Newsome being a great GM. I'll tell you what Ozzie wouldn't be as successful as he is in drafting in April if it wasnt for this guy. I can personally, say that i got an opportunity to speak with Eric at a summer Scouts camp in Indianpolis a few summers ago, the dude knows talent flat out. Many people around the league already whispering that he is going to he an upcoming GM. He also has Redskins ties going back to 95' as you will see in the biography.

These are two young guys who have proven themselves in this league, and i feel are worthy of opporunities if they present themselves.

HTTR

Gregg Williams just can't seem to adjust. He seems to think that his defense will somehow start performing at a high level when they're stinking. To me, a good head coach knows how to make adjustments. I just don't see that in Gregg Williams. I always felt that he should be our next head coach, but after yesterday's sorry ass performance, I change my mind.

Just wait for the next expancion team to come out and start routing for them.

No thanks, kid. I'd like MY team (the one I've been following since before you were born) to figure things out. I watched them scale the mountain the first time and I want to watch them do it again.

There is no reason with the resources Snyder has, we can't build something special in DC. All it will take is trusting some football minds to start from scratch and build this team properly.

I'm not even quite sure what your "expancion" team comment means...but I'm sure it is very witty.

Hire a young, brilliant minded head coach coming from the New England Patriots Coaching Staff, a proven GM who knows how to build a championship caliber team, new front office, new coaching staff, new scouts, and new, young talented players either undrafted or coming from the NFL Draft. Keep Jason Campbell. He is a great quarterback, but the Redskins FO must surround him with great key personnel.

Should Gibbs step aside and Dannyboy doesn't want to hire a young, brilliant minded head coach, then he should hire Dick Vermeil. Yeah, Vermeil is old as well, but he and Al Saunders got a good working relationship with each other when they were both with the Rams and the Chiefs.

Like Charlie Wies?lol!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Snyder make a run at

1) Bill Cowher

2) Bill Parcells

3) Jimmy Johnson

That's how his mind works...

I'd bet on Mariucci (sp?) before any of these guys...If $nyder goes after Parcells, that'll be it for me :mad: ... I'll douse all my 'skins paraphernalia with gas and have a last rites bonfire.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Snyder make a run at

1) Bill Cowher

2) Bill Parcells

3) Jimmy Johnson

That's how his mind works...

Nice list but none of them will be walking the sidelines for this franchise anytime soon.

1) Cowher-- Not interested in coaching again and has said as much.

2)Parcells-- Snyder wanted to talk to him after Norv was let go and he said he didn't want to talk to Snyder.

3) Johnson-- 1) Same reason as Parcells not interested 2) Didn't lke what Snyder did to Norv. Johnson would probably coach the Cards before this team.

Archived