Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How we beat the Eagles,(merged)

unclejack8

After getting done with the hang over of the thrilling victory over the J-E-T-S, jets, jets, jets lets refocus on a NFC East beast called the Eagles. The AFC east is a joke, other than NE so all of the NFC East teams should win no matter how tight the games, like ours and philly against the jets or even the one that got away from the bills a few weeks ago against the highly touted (I can't use that name on this site or I lose my juice), so with that lets get ready for some football. Now stats don't lie and usually tell us exactely what we are and what the eagles are and it will be one hell of a football game. Our defenses match up ranking 12th for philly and 10th for the Skins. They don't give up many yards rushing (7th) and passing (21st) in the nfl. We both loss to GB and the NYG and although we beat the eagles this is a NFC East football team and unafraid of smash mouth football. McNabb is a proven winner and will compete but he does have problems with his o-line protecting him (33 sacks) were JC (our young stud) has a fumble problem and doesn't take chances down the field (I believe he's being coached this way) and a part of his maturation needs to appear this Sunday and if he pulls the trigger and takes some chances down the field...(all QB's have to get rid of the ball w/ timing but sometimes you've got to step up (he's seen enough now coach Gibbs) and let it go the skins may get a pass interference call or it could work as a long punt whatever turn it loose man!!!) Philly will show up to stop whatever running attack we think we have and although I believe our right side woke up after that beat down from NE the philly defense is not the jets without there mike linebacker(Vilma) Portis and Betts will only have success if we thow intermidiate to long passes down the field or expect Dawkins (#20) to sneak up into the box. The eagles have MR. Excitement in Brian Westbrook (home boy) and the skins must use a balanced defensive attack (man coverage and zone w/ blitzes and a spy on this guy) but like in philly to beat this team they need Jason Campbell to play quaterback and not just call plays out there. My score this Sunday 24-20 REDSKINS!!!!! That's my :2cents:

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

:gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

Run up the gut alot. Their Interior line is not that good. Attack their safeties. Dawkin should be attack with moss and the other with randle el. Stop and contain mcnabb.Dont let him get his legs going. Pressure him in the pocket. Shut down Mcnabb you shut out this entire offense. Passing and runing wise. The most important thing for this game. When we get a lead, dont sit on it. Throw it deep continuously unless turnovers are happening

Put it away early. Pass to set up the run. But we all know that wont happen so whatever.

This is what we will do :

Establish the run early, take some shots here and there to keep them honest.

And basicly just shutdown Westbrook cause they have no playmakers other than him and a 70% Mcnabb.

We need to take at least one shot down field every other possesion. Keep the defense honest. Lately we've only gone for the kill shot once a game and missed it. Try it about 4 times and we're sure to snag one.

The next 8 games the skins must have teams at least look at Moss as a weapon or they are toast!!!!

In a game of two closely matched teams, special teams usually wins the game. I think we have a huge advantage with Cartwright and Randel El returning kicks and punts. Suisham and Akers is a push. The Eagles have no one who is a threat to return a kick or punt for a TD. We need big plays and the special teams could be where they come from. Randle El and Rock are both due to take one to the house.

contain Westbrook. the Eagles don't have anyone else on offense that is going to make the big play :)

Westbrook will be coming home too. He's the central point of the offense for the eagles and I don't know if we have an LB to handle his quickness and since we have an advantage with our corners being able to play man coverage and their recievers being suspect at times we should be able to move Landry into the box occasionally to help contain Westbrook but he's going to have to tackle better he's been a little ify the last couple of games missing tackles.

In a game of two closely matched teams, special teams usually wins the game. I think we have a huge advantage with Cartwright and Randel El returning kicks and punts. Suisham and Akers is a push. The Eagles have no one who is a threat to return a kick or punt for a TD. We need big plays and the special teams could be where they come from. Randle El and Rock are both due to take one to the house.

Very good point, special teams have been pretty good this season except for the openning kickoff last week but that was last week overall we do have an advantage there and hopefully the skins will get it done on teams.

:notworthy

RUN IT AT LEAST 20-25 times with Portis and key out Westbrook. McNabb is not the scrambler he was and that defense, if we run like last week will be shredded. Moss can burn Shepard so hopefully this is the week he connects with Campbell on the bombs they always leave on the field.

keep westbrook in check and let the secondary do their job...the more times we let landry get to mcnabb, the slower he'll get thruout the game...hes on his last legs and if we can make him look real bad, andy reid will treat him like the cops treat andy reids kids, put em away...

Guest ComebackKing

Stop Westbrook and the game won't even be close.

Hopefully McNabb is off a bit and our offense shows up, I'd like to see some of our passing game really go off and put up 30 points at home.

6-3 baby we can do it.

McNabb is not accurate and is only dangerous when he is given time and can move around. Having time allows their mediocre receivers to get open. The Giants killed the Eagles with pressure and the game turned out to be a laugher; 12 sacks! Gregg Williams needs to bring the house this week and make the erratic McNabb beat us with pinpoint passes on quick hitters. This is not something that should be easy for him because we should be jamming their hardly physical receivers at the line. Also, we need a spy on Westbrook; he caught 14 passes last week against Dallas and is Philly's only true weapon.

On offense we need balance. The Eagles will come in with a game plan to stop the run and they can do that as evidenced by their shutting down Adrian Peterson two weeks ago (70 yards). He's only the hottest back in the league right now. This is a game where we've got to use Cooley, Moss and Randle El extensively. Gibbs will have to unleash Campbell much like he did on the Monday night game in Philly. He's got to challenge their beat up secondary and horrible linebackers. Jason is going to have to make good reads and be accurate.

Where the game may be won is on special teams. We have a huge advantage in the return game and we need to get some big returns to set up the offense. Our kicking game is performing well right now too. The Eagles have no return threat in any capacity unless they put Westbrook back there which may happen because they're desperate.

Philly is in complete finger pointing mode right now. I get the Philadelphia Daily News every day and they are ready to fold. McNabb is defending himself saying "It's not all my fault" and their defensive line and linebackers are getting killed in the media for lack of production. Dawkins and Lito Sheppard, their two best d-backs, are banged up. There is no reason to lose this game; if we do, we are clearly not a playoff bound team. This is a must-win game going into Dallas.

Archived