Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Future of Clinton Portis?

WizSkinsO's

Before this game, I was almost convinced that Clinton would be gone after this season and we would either hand the RB job to Betts or look for a potential heir in the draft. However, Clinton showed me today that he can still run and he's definitely still picking up steam and getting back in full game shape and really starting to hit his stride.

Althought he has a lot of mileage on him and seemingly will continue to do so when we have such run-heavy attacks, he's still a young guy. My question now is:

What do you think the future of Clinton Portis is? Is he still our back for now and the forseeable future? Will he be here next year still? Does he still have the explosiveness in him?

Your opinion is appreciated.

I hope we will keep him. The only thing that will not keep him on this team is stupid threads like this questioning his return are you crazy, do you want start up some controversy over one of our best players.

Do you hear the chargers even talk about trading LT when he started off slow this year? How about shaun alexander, frank gore, or steven jackson. Only idiots like you talk heresy like that you should be excommunicated. LOL.

I hope we will keep him. The only thing that will not keep him on this team is stupid threads like this questioning his return are you crazy, do you want start up some controversy over one of our best players.

Do you hear the chargers even talk about trading LT when he started off slow this year? How about shaun alexander, frank gore, or steven jackson. Only idiots like you talk heresy like that you should be excommunicated. LOL.

Yeah you are right, this thread could really get Portis released or traded. :rolleyes: :doh:

Your quote was dumber than the thread by far.

See this thread is a perfect example of what most skins fans are. They love the guy one week and hate him the next. The team is 5-3 and they played well in all the games except with the pats. I just hope some guys who are saying good things about portis this week will still support him if he runs for 50 yards the next game but the skins still win.

See this thread is a perfect example of what most skins fans are. They love the guy one week and hate him the next. The team is 5-3 and they played well in all the games except with the pats. I just hope some guys who are saying good things about portis this week will still support him if he runs for 50 yards the next game but the skins still win.

Don't count on it soup.:mad:

Hey man, I don't need you questioning my fanhood. I love CP, love the intensity he plays with, but simply question if he still has the explosiveness to live up to his contract and put up all season long like he'll need to from now on. I'm simply curious to see if people THINK he will be here next year and why. No need for rants on what "most Skins fans are" (although you never actually said what they were).

He is the leader of this offence.

His game today was a statement. All year he has been running behind a injured o-line with defenses not respecting the pass.

I pray to god he stays here for the rest of his career. If the skins quit on him and he goes somewhere only to light it up i will puke

The chargers have the cap room to keep LT we have about 20 starters whose saleries balloon next year

Dude, seriously, our man Clinton today had 196 yards on 36 carries

Any other Sunday and that would be the performace of the day by any NFL RB, and the only reason it isn't is because the guy who topped it had to set the NFL single game rushing record to do so

Clinton's future is with the Redskins, PERIOD!!!!

Archived