Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So is this when Gibbs gets mad and stops the Christian Nice Guy BS?

boobiemiles

POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER.

Symptoms of PTSD fall into three main categories:

1. Repeated "reliving" of the event, which disturbs day-to-day activity

* Recurrent distressing memories of the event

* Repeated dreams of the event

* Flashback episodes, where the event seems to be happening again and again

* Physical reactions to situations that remind you of the traumatic event

2. Avoidance

* Inability to remember important aspects of the trauma

* Lack of interest in normal activities

* Feelings of detachment

* Sense of having no future

* Emotional "numbing", or feeling as though you don’t care about anything

* Less expression of moods

* Staying away from places, people, or objects that remind you of the event

3. Arousal

* Irritability or outbursts of anger

* Sleeping difficulties

* Difficulty concentrating

* Exaggerated response to things that startle you

* Excess awareness (hypervigilance)

I have high-lighted some symptoms that seem relevant. You may notice others in yourself as well. There is treatment, folks: winning some football games. Hang in there.

I could swear this was called "Norvitis" just a few years ago. I used to catch a case of it every Sunday, and ocassionally on Mondays, only for it to disappear miraculously on Tuesday and then come back the following Sunday about mid-day. Wierd stuff, man.

Every once in a while, it still comes back on me, even though I thought it was eliminated once and for all.

Today's Joe lacks a killer instinct......is it due to his religious beliefs? I am not sure......but its very possible....Maybe in his view its "unchristian" like to beat down an opponent. What ever the reason is.....I want someone who shows emotion and has a killer instinct. Today's Joe is a shell of the former HoF and its sad that his 2nd tour has been awful.

Today's Joe lacks a killer instinct......is it due to his religious beliefs? I am not sure......but its very possible....Maybe in his view its "unchristian" like to beat down an opponent. What ever the reason is.....I want someone who shows emotion and has a killer instinct. Today's Joe is a shell of the former HoF and its sad that his 2nd tour has been awful.

Wow that was real original. I will just be like the many zombies that clearly populate this website, before Danny brought this site there was meaningful discussions, now if you go against Gibbs or bring to light any type of meaningful topics that warrant discussion we have these types :doh:

The complete idiots are fools that think Gibbs walks on water all because of what he last did over a decade ago:notworthy

But let me guess your a road scholar from MIT right? at 47 living in Roanoke you calling me a complete idiot, this coming from a self absorbed sheet metal worker maybe?

Uh ... new friend? Word to the wise: you're going to want to tone it down if you plan to be around here for any length of time. Not just for that post, but your tone overall. That's well-meaning advice. I hope you take it as such.

Wow that was real original. I will just be like the many zombies that clearly populate this website, before Danny brought this site there was meaningful discussions, now if you go against Gibbs or bring to light any type of meaningful topics that warrant discussion we have these types :doh:

The complete idiots are fools that think Gibbs walks on water all because of what he last did over a decade ago:notworthy

But let me guess your a road scholar from MIT right? at 47 living in Roanoke you calling me a complete idiot, this coming from a self absorbed sheet metal worker maybe?

Uh ... new friend? Word to the wise: you're going to want to tone it down if you plan to be around here for any length of time. Not just for that post, but your tone overall. That's well-meaning advice. I hope you take it as such.

Someone already corrected the Rhodes Scholar and Oxford situation.

Gibbs doesn't seem to have the fire he once had. I saw glimpses of it a few times this season, but just that--only glimpses.

Gibbs needs to light a fire under his players. They are making him look like an ass.

Someone already corrected the Rhodes Scholar and Oxford situation.

Gibbs doesn't seem to have the fire he once had. I saw glimpses of it a few times this season, but just that--only glimpses.

Gibbs needs to light a fire under his players. They are making him look like an ass.

Joe Gibbs is what he is. A good human being, a nice guy, a Christian who always talks about God, who likes to give his team credit win or lose....but he is NOT very good anymore at inspiring todays football player. The Redskins play uninspired football week in and week out and they do not seem to get very emotional....much like their coach shows no emotion.

The problem with that is that football is a very emotional business. Todays NFL is driven by emotion and passion. Look at Peyton Manning and Brett Farve. They can get pretty upset on the field when things don't go well and will shout at their offensive linemen. Brady is a quiet egomaniac who only says negative things when things are going bad..He has slammed some people in the past but it is so rare that they play poorly we never have a chance to see it.

Jason Campbell never seems to utter anything other than "well, you know. We have a good team we just have to watch some film...and you know...we'll look at the film andwork on some things" When is the last time you saw Jason Campbell get after an offensive lineman or Mike Sellers for missing a block.....the answer.....NEVER!

No passion. When the coach and the QB have no fire and guts and passion...the team is screwed.

Joe Gibbs is what he is. A good human being, a nice guy, a Christian who always talks about God, who likes to give his team credit win or lose....but he is NOT very good anymore at inspiring todays football player. The Redskins play uninspired football week in and week out and they do not seem to get very emotional....much like their coach shows no emotion.

The problem with that is that football is a very emotional business. Todays NFL is driven by emotion and passion. Look at Peyton Manning and Brett Farve. They can get pretty upset on the field when things don't go well and will shout at their offensive linemen. Brady is a quiet egomaniac who only says negative things when things are going bad..He has slammed some people in the past but it is so rare that they play poorly we never have a chance to see it.

Jason Campbell never seems to utter anything other than "well, you know. We have a good team we just have to watch some film...and you know...we'll look at the film andwork on some things" When is the last time you saw Jason Campbell get after an offensive lineman or Mike Sellers for missing a block.....the answer.....NEVER!

No passion. When the coach and the QB have no fire and guts and passion...the team is screwed.

Iplease please shut the f*ck up. .

Tisk Tisk Tisk ... :silly:

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters. Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "*****, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Iplease please shut the f*ck up. .

Tisk Tisk Tisk ... :silly:

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters. Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "*****, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

I know the man is old. And maybe he sees the end coming more than a lot of us. Life expectancy is 70, 73 for women. SO maybe Joe is trying to make god happy. But I can't understand for the life of me, why is was not insulted by the way Bill tried and succeeded at humiliating him. The modern NFL is a spin off of Joe Gibbs, so for all the people that think the game has passed him by, please please shut the f*ck up. A big arm QB, with three reciever sets, with a solid blocking TE, and a bruising back that can run between the tackles, and keep the chains and game clock moving is what most successful teams in the NFL do now. Sure you have the Run and Shoot, West Coast dink and dunk mixed in here and there. But Bill saw how the SKins were effective, and all he is doing is applying the things that were successful in the 80's to early 90's and smashing every one in site. For those who doubt, imagine if the 83 skins had Randy Moss, yeah I know.

My question is when does it go beyond the game and become personal. They want to humiliate Joe. Adn for you guys that say it's wasn't like that, you don't know football. This isn't the NCAA's. You don't get points from some guy who doesn't see the games and only can go on scores to determine if a team is dominate or not. SO why isn't Joe taking this personally? WHy is he being passive? Did I miss something? I'm sorry but this is a complete dissapointment. Sorry I can'e elaborate like I want to. And I know this is one in many threads, but I'm at work, people are peeping over my shoulder. But I had to add my 2 cents.

Yeah. That's it. Joe is going to forsake everything he has spent his life believing just for a pointy, pigskin ball! :rolleyes:

Joe's "problem" is NOT his "Christian nice guy" attitude. Look elsewhere.

I know the man is old. And maybe he sees the end coming more than a lot of us. Life expectancy is 70, 73 for women. SO maybe Joe is trying to make god happy. But I can't understand for the life of me, why is was not insulted by the way Bill tried and succeeded at humiliating him. The modern NFL is a spin off of Joe Gibbs, so for all the people that think the game has passed him by, please please shut the f*ck up. A big arm QB, with three reciever sets, with a solid blocking TE, and a bruising back that can run between the tackles, and keep the chains and game clock moving is what most successful teams in the NFL do now. Sure you have the Run and Shoot, West Coast dink and dunk mixed in here and there. But Bill saw how the SKins were effective, and all he is doing is applying the things that were successful in the 80's to early 90's and smashing every one in site. For those who doubt, imagine if the 83 skins had Randy Moss, yeah I know.

My question is when does it go beyond the game and become personal. They want to humiliate Joe. Adn for you guys that say it's wasn't like that, you don't know football. This isn't the NCAA's. You don't get points from some guy who doesn't see the games and only can go on scores to determine if a team is dominate or not. SO why isn't Joe taking this personally? WHy is he being passive? Did I miss something? I'm sorry but this is a complete dissapointment. Sorry I can'e elaborate like I want to. And I know this is one in many threads, but I'm at work, people are peeping over my shoulder. But I had to add my 2 cents.

Yeah. That's it. Joe is going to forsake everything he has spent his life believing just for a pointy, pigskin ball! :rolleyes:

Joe's "problem" is NOT his "Christian nice guy" attitude. Look elsewhere.

Archived