Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas @ NY Giants 11/11

KiwiSupaFlyNuka

Yup, like you guys have.

thanks for getting my point.........:doh:

I respect what NY has done, and they deserve it, and will most likley be in 1st place after their next game.

I was not diminishing them for their schedule, just being sarcastic and pointing out what it is that "we" do here at ES.......we rip teams for winning the games they should win.

I'm rooting for a 2-0 victory, don't care which team, and a preferable sack of Eli manning into the Cowboys sidelines and directly onto Tony Romo sits to pee. No I'm not wishing for any injuries, first that would be just mean because I don't wish harm on other people and second I don't want any excuses if we win games against these teams later about "if so-and-so was in..." But wouldn't that make a hilarious picture? Eli splayed out over Tony? Priceless.

I'm rooting for a 2-0 victory, don't care which team, and a preferable sack of Eli manning into the Cowboys sidelines and directly onto Tony Romo sits to pee. No I'm not wishing for any injuries, first that would be just mean because I don't wish harm on other people and second I don't want any excuses if we win games against these teams later about "if so-and-so was in..." But wouldn't that make a hilarious picture? Eli splayed out over Tony? Priceless.

Though the record is the same, the circumstances surrounding the team are far different than they were a year ago. The primary reason is that the team is much healthier than it was at the midway point a year ago.

Only one regular starter missed the Dolphins game because of injury – safety James Butler, who has ankle and hamstring issues. Should Butler heal over the bye week, the Giants should have their entire starting lineup available for the ninth game of the season, an unusual occurrence in a league where high-speed collisions are an ordinary fact of life.

Contrast that with the situation a year ago. The Giants stretched their winning streak to five with a 14-10 victory over the Houston Texans. That left them at 6-2, with a huge home game upcoming against the Chicago Bears – one similar in importance to the Cowboys game looming a week from Sunday.

But the Giants went into that game without seven key players, four of whom are making vital contributions to this year’s team. On offense, Amani Toomer suffered a season-ending knee injury vs. Houston. Defensively, the Giants were without their top three ends: Michael Strahan (foot), Osi Umenyiora (hip flexor) and Justin Tuck (foot), as well as linebackers LaVar Arrington (Achilles tendon), Brandon Short (quad) and Carlos Emmons (groin).

Cornerback Sam Madison, who had missed the two previous two games with a strained hamstring, returned to action, but aggravated the injury in the second quarter and didn’t get back on the field until Dec. 3.

Left tackle Luke Petitgout suffered a season-ending fractured leg in the first half.

So in the biggest game of the year, the Giants started William Joseph and rookie Mathias Kiwanuka at the defensive end positions, Reggie Torbor and Gerris Wilkinson at linebacker and had R.W. McQuarters and Bob Whitfield playing long stretches for injured starters.

Strahan returned for only one game the rest of the season, then went on injured reserve. Tuck had surgery and was placed on I.R., joining Arrington, Toomer, Petitgout, Derrick Ward and, later, Chad Morton.

That’s a significantly worse situation than what now faces the – knock on wood – healthy Giants.

That says it all....

Though the record is the same, the circumstances surrounding the team are far different than they were a year ago. The primary reason is that the team is much healthier than it was at the midway point a year ago.

Only one regular starter missed the Dolphins game because of injury – safety James Butler, who has ankle and hamstring issues. Should Butler heal over the bye week, the Giants should have their entire starting lineup available for the ninth game of the season, an unusual occurrence in a league where high-speed collisions are an ordinary fact of life.

Contrast that with the situation a year ago. The Giants stretched their winning streak to five with a 14-10 victory over the Houston Texans. That left them at 6-2, with a huge home game upcoming against the Chicago Bears – one similar in importance to the Cowboys game looming a week from Sunday.

But the Giants went into that game without seven key players, four of whom are making vital contributions to this year’s team. On offense, Amani Toomer suffered a season-ending knee injury vs. Houston. Defensively, the Giants were without their top three ends: Michael Strahan (foot), Osi Umenyiora (hip flexor) and Justin Tuck (foot), as well as linebackers LaVar Arrington (Achilles tendon), Brandon Short (quad) and Carlos Emmons (groin).

Cornerback Sam Madison, who had missed the two previous two games with a strained hamstring, returned to action, but aggravated the injury in the second quarter and didn’t get back on the field until Dec. 3.

Left tackle Luke Petitgout suffered a season-ending fractured leg in the first half.

So in the biggest game of the year, the Giants started William Joseph and rookie Mathias Kiwanuka at the defensive end positions, Reggie Torbor and Gerris Wilkinson at linebacker and had R.W. McQuarters and Bob Whitfield playing long stretches for injured starters.

Strahan returned for only one game the rest of the season, then went on injured reserve. Tuck had surgery and was placed on I.R., joining Arrington, Toomer, Petitgout, Derrick Ward and, later, Chad Morton.

That’s a significantly worse situation than what now faces the – knock on wood – healthy Giants.

That says it all....

I can't believe someone has yet to comment on that fantabulous video. I can't take the credit of putting it together but hats off to the guy who did. :laugh:

I noticed you had to post the vid from Dallas' home game last year, well I may be wrong but Dallas is playing in NY right ? So wouldn't it make sense to play the Giant home game from last year ?

I'm just saying ...

I'm looking forward to watching both the Eagles - Cowboy, and the Giants - Cowboy games, one thing you can say about NFCE games they usually are not dull. Should be good football. At this point, I suspect the Cowboys will beat the Eagles, but it should be a very good game. I'm not sure about the Giants game they are playing very well right now.

thanks for getting my point.........:doh:

I respect what NY has done, and they deserve it, and will most likley be in 1st place after their next game.

I was not diminishing them for their schedule, just being sarcastic and pointing out what it is that "we" do here at ES.......we rip teams for winning the games they should win.

oh ok. Well thats good. The NFC East gets to play the AFC East.... and the PAtriots. The AFC east is the weakest division in football. It should be 3 wins. Our division plays a weak schedule this year

NFC EAST

AFC SOUTH

AFC NORTH

NFC NORTH

AFC WEST

NFC SOUTH

NFC WEST

AFC EAST

In that order

Archived