Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas @ NY Giants 11/11

KiwiSupaFlyNuka

I was thinking the same thing at the time....Don't know why this never happened in the 2nd half, although Plax could either have just been extra hurt today or the loss of Mckenzie was a bigger factor than I thought.

I think Plax was hobbled by his ankle injury....

:laugh:

You act like Plax is some elite WR that cant be covered. Newsflash he really isn't. He is a good WR but he was shutdown by newman today

We can argue all night about this, but I choose not to argue of things so obvious. The truth is, Plax is an elite receiver. He was doubled nearly all day thus why Shockey came up huge today.

If the Boys thought Newman could shut down Plax by himself, why not leave him on an island all day? WTF you think he is, Deion Sanders? :laugh:

We can argue all night about this, but I choose not to argue of things so obvious. The truth is, Plax is an elite receiver. He was doubled nearly all day thus why Shockey came up huge today.

If the Boys thought Newman could shut down Plax by himself, why not leave him on an island all day? WTF you think he is, Deion Sanders? :laugh:

:laugh: I hope you TIVOed the game, you need to watch again

:laugh: I hope you TIVOed the game, you need to watch again

I gotta ask, was Burress doubled most of the game or not? I figured he was since Shockey had Roy Williams on him most of the game (occasionally he was doubled with an OLB to take the underneath stuff). Toomer was in single coverage, so I was just wondering since the cowboys best run stuffer was on shockey from what I could tell, that would leave hamlin the FS where? Seriously i want to know, i was more keying in on shockey since it was obvious every play he was open with Roy being either right on him with little help, or 20 yards back with the olb leaving the slant route for shockey. If newman was on Burress, and williams was on shockey, that leaves toomer with your other starting corner (henry or whoever I didn't check today). What was hamlin playing most of the day?

He was doubled occasionally, but Newman was on him a lot. Basically, from what I saw, it appeared that if Newman was on him, he was 1 on 1, but when Newman wasn't, he was doubled. If that makes sense.

I could be wrong though. :)

He was doubled occasionally, but Newman was on him a lot. Basically, from what I saw, it appeared that if Newman was on him, he was 1 on 1, but when Newman wasn't, he was doubled. If that makes sense.

I could be wrong though. :)

Ya i was just wondering. I would see that being a fair matchup for the giants and cowboys. It just looked to me that shockey was never really doubled, it was more roy and then a linebacker trying to take the short routes. I just assumed hamlin was overtop of burress or something to that effect.

Ya i was just wondering. I would see that being a fair matchup for the giants and cowboys. It just looked to me that shockey was never really doubled, it was more roy and then a linebacker trying to take the short routes. I just assumed hamlin was overtop of burress or something to that effect.

Shockey had his way with us in the first half. They'd split him out and put him on an island with Roy. I know Roy gets a bad rap about his coverage skills, but I'd take Shockey on an island with any SS in the league as a favorable matchup for Shockey. I'd say the same thing for Witten.

Thank goodness they adjusted. It seemed like they went to more of a zone to take care of Shockey. He still got some touches in the second half, but it was a lot better.

Yeah, watching the game. Is it ok if I did that?

I already stated in the other thread, good game and I knew it would come down to some calls and/or costly turn overs. No excuses though, we just came up short today. Hope to see you in the playoffs. ;)

PS: Jacobs and Shockey did me proud today. Don't know where the hell Plax was.

you acting like you don't know. Newman knew where he was.

Archived