Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tom Brady "Best QB...EVER!!!"

KDawg

Am I the only one that thinks that quote is completely asinine? He wasn't the best ever last year without Randy Moss... Or Wes Welker... Or Donte Stallworth. He was damn good, but most people didn't even consider him the best in the NFL (See Manning, Peyton). Now, he has a phenominal surrounding unit and he's having an excellent year, but suddenly he's the best... Ever?

I can see this going down as one of the best statistical seasons of all time, if not the best. But best QB ever?

I still don't think he's even as good as Manning. If I had to choose a QB to take full command of my offense, it's Manning, not Brady. And that's active...

Best ever?

You're talking Tom Brady being better than:

Joe Montana

Johnny Unitas

Sammy Baugh

Sid Luckman

And many, many more.

He's outstanding, and when it's all said and done, there's without a shadow of a doubt that there is an argument for him being one of the top QBs to ever play the game... But at this point how anyone decrees him as the best ever is beyond me.

Am I the only one that thinks that quote is completely asinine? He wasn't the best ever last year without Randy Moss... Or Wes Welker... Or Donte Stallworth. He was damn good, but most people didn't even consider him the best in the NFL (See Manning, Peyton). Now, he has a phenominal surrounding unit and he's having an excellent year, but suddenly he's the best... Ever?

I can see this going down as one of the best statistical seasons of all time, if not the best. But best QB ever?

I still don't think he's even as good as Manning. If I had to choose a QB to take full command of my offense, it's Manning, not Brady. And that's active...

Best ever?

You're talking Tom Brady being better than:

Joe Montana

Johnny Unitas

Sammy Baugh

Sid Luckman

And many, many more.

He's outstanding, and when it's all said and done, there's without a shadow of a doubt that there is an argument for him being one of the top QBs to ever play the game... But at this point how anyone decrees him as the best ever is beyond me.

It is clear even to Stevie Wonder that Tom Brady is the best QB to ever don a uniform.

Reche Caldwell looked like an all-pro with Brady. He can't even crack our lineup.

Moss was one step away from retirement last year. Now he looks like a juggernaut. Deion Branch was a superbowl MVP with Brady throwing to him. Where is he now?

An Oline comprised of extraordinarily average starters looks like the 1983 Hogs. With a 3 step drop, a lightning quick release, and a perfect pass on every single play, what Oline wouldn't?

Bellicheck was a loser in Cleveland, a loser in New England without Brady.

Tom Brady has a 145 rating against the blitz. He can beat the zone. He can scramble when he has to. Quite literally, he can do anything.

The OP is baffling.

It is clear even to Stevie Wonder that Tom Brady is the best QB to ever don a uniform.

Reche Caldwell looked like an all-pro with Brady. He can't even crack our lineup.

Moss was one step away from retirement last year. Now he looks like a juggernaut. Deion Branch was a superbowl MVP with Brady throwing to him. Where is he now?

An Oline comprised of extraordinarily average starters looks like the 1983 Hogs. With a 3 step drop, a lightning quick release, and a perfect pass on every single play, what Oline wouldn't?

Tom Brady has a 145 rating against the blitz. He can beat the zone. He can scramble when he has to. Quite literally, he can do anything.

The OP is baffling.

I want to see Brady play on a team that's bad like Aikman did with the Cowboys in his final years or like Brett Favre did the last few years with Green Bay. Let's see him play on a team that doesn't give him all day to throw and provide one of the best recieving corps in the game and see if he still looks like the best ever.

he would take any one of those teams to the playoffs. count on it.

I want to see Brady play on a team that's bad like Aikman did with the Cowboys in his final years or like Brett Favre did the last few years with Green Bay. Let's see him play on a team that doesn't give him all day to throw and provide one of the best recieving corps in the game and see if he still looks like the best ever.

he would take any one of those teams to the playoffs. count on it.

Ditto. I think Manning is the superior QB. Brady makes it happen but Manning practically coaches the team out there. Manning doesn't just make the plays, he basically creates them just before the snap. Brady just executes BB's schemes. The Colts lost like 5 starters for a game three or four weeks ago and still cleaned up. I'd like to see the Patriots do the same with Moss, Welker, Maroney and Bruschi out for example.

Ditto. I think Manning is the superior QB. Brady makes it happen but Manning practically coaches the team out there. Manning doesn't just make the plays, he basically creates them just before the snap. Brady just executes BB's schemes. The Colts lost like 5 starters for a game three or four weeks ago and still cleaned up. I'd like to see the Patriots do the same with Moss, Welker, Maroney and Bruschi out for example.

I agree. No other QB ever did more with less, and now that he's putting up insane numbers with good talent, people like to pretend it's just because of the talent surrounding him. Brady IS the greatest EVER. Yes, he is. Get over it.

I agree. No other QB ever did more with less, and now that he's putting up insane numbers with good talent, people like to pretend it's just because of the talent surrounding him. Brady IS the greatest EVER. Yes, he is. Get over it.

Ditto. I think Manning is the superior QB. Brady makes it happen but Manning practically coaches the team out there.

No way. I'd like to see Manning play with Caldwell as his #1, instead of future HOFer Harrison, or Pro-Bowler Wayne. Remember when Edgerrin James got hurt, and the team went straight down the toilet, costing Mora his job. Yet Brady won a SB with no running game and below average receivers.

Look at how bad the Pats were with Bledsoe.

Ditto. I think Manning is the superior QB. Brady makes it happen but Manning practically coaches the team out there.

No way. I'd like to see Manning play with Caldwell as his #1, instead of future HOFer Harrison, or Pro-Bowler Wayne. Remember when Edgerrin James got hurt, and the team went straight down the toilet, costing Mora his job. Yet Brady won a SB with no running game and below average receivers.

The OP is baffling.

Brady couldn't even take Bledsoe's job until Bledsoe got hurt. Brady never had a season like this without the guys he's got surrounding him right now. Brady's defense is stellar, Manning's is good... in spots.

Field position is a must for a QB, Brady gets it.

Moss was one step from retirement, says who? Got a link? If so, I'd enjoy reading it. As far as I know, he was one step away from tearing the Raiders apart, but last I checked he was also STILL the BEST physically to ever play the game at wide receiver. Best WR? Could have been, but he's not. It's not like he was too old for the game, he was fed up with the Raiders.

An OLine of average starters? Huh? Where is your proof to back this? Do you watch Patriot film with Belichick? Has he shared his opinions with you? I've seen nothing to suggest that they have an average line, at all, in any Patriots game I've watched the last several years.

Belichick being a loser in Cleveland has NOTHING to do with New England. Cleveland was awful. It's not always about the x's and the o's, sometimes it really is the jimmys and the joes, as a whole.

Tom Brady is an EXCELLENT QB. Best ever? Premature.

PS: Get over it? I have nothing to get over. It's an opinion. Get over yourselves. This is a conversation, I can't see why anyone would choose him to be the best ever, yet. I'm not pouting, or crying with all of the Brady hype. He's damned good. I just don't think he's the best ever.

The OP is baffling.

Brady couldn't even take Bledsoe's job until Bledsoe got hurt. Brady never had a season like this without the guys he's got surrounding him right now. Brady's defense is stellar, Manning's is good... in spots.

Moss was one step from retirement, says who? Got a link? If so, I'd enjoy reading it. As far as I know, he was one step away from tearing the Raiders apart, but last I checked he was also STILL the BEST physically to ever play the game at wide receiver. Best WR? Could have been, but he's not. It's not like he was too old for the game, he was fed up with the Raiders.

An OLine of average starters? Huh? Where is your proof to back this? Do you watch Patriot film with Belichick? Has he shared his opinions with you? I've seen nothing to suggest that they have an average line, at all, in any Patriots game I've watched the last several years.

Belichick being a loser in Cleveland has NOTHING to do with New England. Cleveland was awful. It's not always about the x's and the o's, sometimes it really is the jimmys and the joes, as a whole.

PS: Get over it? I have nothing to get over. It's an opinion. Get over yourselves. This is a conversation, I can't see why anyone would choose him to be the best ever, yet. I'm not pouting, or crying with all of the Brady hype. He's damned good. I just don't think he's the best ever.

Good Qbs make hall-of-fame recievers. If Manning was NE's QB right now, he'd have the same stats if not better.

Good Qbs make hall-of-fame recievers. If Manning was NE's QB right now, he'd have the same stats if not better.

We probably will never find out what Manning could do with poor receivers. Brady QB'd for Reche Caldwell, David Givens, David Patten, Deion Branch and Troy Brown. Now, how many of these receivers start for the teams they're on now? Out of that receiving bunch, how many do you hear about? Out of that receiving bunch, the best WR he had was Brown, because of his versatility. Yet, Brady was still getting it done, and has won 3 Superbowls. Like Moss said, "Peyton has his receivers, so why can't Brady have his"? And now that Brady has his, it's a wrap. Peyton even had Edge. Brady had Antwoin Smith, (I think that's how you spell his name). Brady was working with a lot of nobodies :laugh:. Everybody has their own opinion, and I believe he's the best.

We probably will never find out what Manning could do with poor receivers. Brady QB'd for Reche Caldwell, David Givens, David Patten, Deion Branch and Troy Brown. Now, how many of these receivers start for the teams they're on now? Out of that receiving bunch, how many do you hear about? Out of that receiving bunch, the best WR he had was Brown, because of his versatility. Yet, Brady was still getting it done, and has won 3 Superbowls. Like Moss said, "Peyton has his receivers, so why can't Brady have his"? And now that Brady has his, it's a wrap. Peyton even had Edge. Brady had Antwoin Smith, (I think that's how you spell his name). Brady was working with a lot of nobodies :laugh:. Everybody has their own opinion, and I believe he's the best.

Archived