Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tom Brady "Best QB...EVER!!!"

KDawg

He probably will eventually earn that respect. I cant stand the guy just for the fact that hes that good. Its just hard for people sometimes to accept greatness when its in front of them, especially me. This is one of those instances when he's finally retired and his career is reviewed that people will accept him into that class of greatness. To say that he's the greatest of all-time, no I wont ever give him that nor do I give any other great QB the G.O.A.T. title just because of the times that a lot of the past QBs played in and the way the offenses are played now I dont think its unfair to compare one QB to another cause in the NFL of yester year the offenses werent as pass happy as it is today. I just place those QBs in a a greatness tier all together.

He probably will eventually earn that respect. I cant stand the guy just for the fact that hes that good. Its just hard for people sometimes to accept greatness when its in front of them, especially me. This is one of those instances when he's finally retired and his career is reviewed that people will accept him into that class of greatness. To say that he's the greatest of all-time, no I wont ever give him that nor do I give any other great QB the G.O.A.T. title just because of the times that a lot of the past QBs played in and the way the offenses are played now I dont think its unfair to compare one QB to another cause in the NFL of yester year the offenses werent as pass happy as it is today. I just place those QBs in a a greatness tier all together.

Brady has quickly gone from an underrated QB to the most overrated QB in a single season and for the same reasons for each argument.

In his first three Super Bowl years, Brady took a team of nobodies, for the most part, to a Super Bowl victory. He was still never rushed and his defense won those games. The tuck rule also won him a SB and that is kind of like sodomy in Georgia, outdated.

This year, he has arguably one of the best WRing corps the NFL has ever seen. Moss and Stallworth can stretch the field on the outside and Welker is very good in the slot. Did you see the blocks Welker was making? His offensive line is destroying the opposition and the 6-7 second he had against Miami was about 10-12 against the Redskins.

The common thread in both of these arguments is the offensive line (not big names necessarily) so why haven't we talked about their offensive line coach.

The difference in Brady's year and Manning's record year is Manning did it within the context of the game. Brady is getting a lot of his when the other team has given up and he shouldn't even be in the game.

Brady has quickly gone from an underrated QB to the most overrated QB in a single season and for the same reasons for each argument.

In his first three Super Bowl years, Brady took a team of nobodies, for the most part, to a Super Bowl victory. He was still never rushed and his defense won those games. The tuck rule also won him a SB and that is kind of like sodomy in Georgia, outdated.

This year, he has arguably one of the best WRing corps the NFL has ever seen. Moss and Stallworth can stretch the field on the outside and Welker is very good in the slot. Did you see the blocks Welker was making? His offensive line is destroying the opposition and the 6-7 second he had against Miami was about 10-12 against the Redskins.

The common thread in both of these arguments is the offensive line (not big names necessarily) so why haven't we talked about their offensive line coach.

The difference in Brady's year and Manning's record year is Manning did it within the context of the game. Brady is getting a lot of his when the other team has given up and he shouldn't even be in the game.

The problem with this arguement is the same one that crops up when we rant about Art Monk. You can't compare Monk and Moss b/c of the nature of the league being more of a running league in the 80's than it is now.

In the same vein, doesn't that make it difficult for us to compare Brady and Montana?

I will say I completely agree with Zoony about Bellichick, though. Total fraud.

The problem with this arguement is the same one that crops up when we rant about Art Monk. You can't compare Monk and Moss b/c of the nature of the league being more of a running league in the 80's than it is now.

In the same vein, doesn't that make it difficult for us to compare Brady and Montana?

I will say I completely agree with Zoony about Bellichick, though. Total fraud.

I don't think we can properly give him any sort of title until his career is over and we're able to look at it from a historical standpoint in comparison with other greats.

Anyone passing this thread off as "laughable" must not be willing to debate this...

Conversations are conversations... Chill and talk instead of having a stick up your butts.

Good point, redskinsbandnerd. I agree.

I don't think we can properly give him any sort of title until his career is over and we're able to look at it from a historical standpoint in comparison with other greats.

Anyone passing this thread off as "laughable" must not be willing to debate this...

Conversations are conversations... Chill and talk instead of having a stick up your butts.

Good point, redskinsbandnerd. I agree.

A squirrel could throw a couple TDs a game to Randy Moss, that guy catches mediocre balls in triple coverage while drinking scalding hot tea. Manning would have 3-4 more TDs at this point in the season in Brady's position, and he would have fewer picks because he's more accurate and is smart enough to recognize coverage and change plays at the line. Brady benefits from a perfect system and a perfect team. Manning benefits from his own innate ability to control every facet of the game. That's why Manning wins games in spite of having lesser players and in spite of having several starters injured, something we haven't seen Brady face yet this season. There's a reason the Colts have won the last three meetings between these two teams.

A squirrel could throw a couple TDs a game to Randy Moss, that guy catches mediocre balls in triple coverage while drinking scalding hot tea. Manning would have 3-4 more TDs at this point in the season in Brady's position, and he would have fewer picks because he's more accurate and is smart enough to recognize coverage and change plays at the line. Brady benefits from a perfect system and a perfect team. Manning benefits from his own innate ability to control every facet of the game. That's why Manning wins games in spite of having lesser players and in spite of having several starters injured, something we haven't seen Brady face yet this season. There's a reason the Colts have won the last three meetings between these two teams.

This argument is always divided by two schools of thoughts: Wins vs stats.

Marino gave you the stats, Montana gave you the wins.

Then along came guys like Favre, Elway, and (finally) Manning who could give you both. Brady had been giving NE the wins, and now he's producing stats the like of which have never been seen. I'm not ready to give him the title as best ever yet, but if he breaks the TD record this year and then goes on to win his 4th ring, how in the hell can you deny it?

This argument is always divided by two schools of thoughts: Wins vs stats.

Marino gave you the stats, Montana gave you the wins.

Then along came guys like Favre, Elway, and (finally) Manning who could give you both. Brady had been giving NE the wins, and now he's producing stats the like of which have never been seen. I'm not ready to give him the title as best ever yet, but if he breaks the TD record this year and then goes on to win his 4th ring, how in the hell can you deny it?

I'm not ready to give him the title as best ever yet, but if he breaks the TD record this year and then goes on to win his 4th ring, how in the hell can you deny it?

agreed. If he goes out this year, smashes all kinds of records and wins a 4th SB, it would be pretty much impossible to deny his greatness.

and as for moss, he never had a season like this with culpepper or cunningham. Brady and moss make each other better just like how manning and his recievers make each other better.

also everyone seems to be forgetting, Ben Watson has been injured alot this year. Imagine if he was healthy all year. his stats would be even better

I'm not ready to give him the title as best ever yet, but if he breaks the TD record this year and then goes on to win his 4th ring, how in the hell can you deny it?

agreed. If he goes out this year, smashes all kinds of records and wins a 4th SB, it would be pretty much impossible to deny his greatness.

and as for moss, he never had a season like this with culpepper or cunningham. Brady and moss make each other better just like how manning and his recievers make each other better.

also everyone seems to be forgetting, Ben Watson has been injured alot this year. Imagine if he was healthy all year. his stats would be even better

Archived