Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Blaming Greg Williams

ManleyMann7271

For those of you who think this is a really dumb threat, it is obvious that you know nothing about the deficits of running a cover 2 defense week after week. In this league you have to blitz. You can't run the same defense every down. Any halfway good QB will be able to find the soft spot in a zone. Did you not notice all of their big plays were in the middle of the field. That's becuase that is where the soft spot of a cover two D is located. It was like taking candy from a baby. Gregg Williams needs to stop being one tracked minded and get back to the ways of 2005. I am just beside myself right now. It really makes me mad because the changes that we need to make are so common sense. Why can't our coaches see that?????? I'm pissed at the whole coaching staff right now, and I've been saying this for weeks now, with the exception of the Lions game. That was the only game that we mixed it up on all three sides of the ball. That's the truth!!!!!

For those of you who think this is a really dumb threat, it is obvious that you know nothing about the deficits of running a cover 2 defense week after week. In this league you have to blitz. You can't run the same defense every down. Any halfway good QB will be able to find the soft spot in a zone. Did you not notice all of their big plays were in the middle of the field. That's becuase that is where the soft spot of a cover two D is located. It was like taking candy from a baby. Gregg Williams needs to stop being one tracked minded and get back to the ways of 2005. I am just beside myself right now. It really makes me mad because the changes that we need to make are so common sense. Why can't our coaches see that?????? I'm pissed at the whole coaching staff right now, and I've been saying this for weeks now, with the exception of the Lions game. That was the only game that we mixed it up on all three sides of the ball. That's the truth!!!!!

Gregg Williams and Joe need to follow the rest of the NFL and that is make halftime adjustment. GW's coverage 2 scheme limits the talent of the players. He needs to go man to man on the out side with safety help. The outside LBs need to learn how to cover the slow tightends and some RBs. I just think it the scheme and not the players.:dallasuck

Totally agree!!!! Finally, someone who knows Football.

Gregg Williams and Joe need to follow the rest of the NFL and that is make halftime adjustment. GW's coverage 2 scheme limits the talent of the players. He needs to go man to man on the out side with safety help. The outside LBs need to learn how to cover the slow tightends and some RBs. I just think it the scheme and not the players.:dallasuck

Totally agree!!!! Finally, someone who knows Football.

Why the hell would everybody all of a sudden blame G. Williams. Before this game everybody loved him, everybody loved that we invested so much into the secondary, then they loved we only bring the press. with the front 4 and no more blitz packages., everybody loved he has now trasitioned his defense twice since his first year here...

Why the hell would everybody all of a sudden blame G. Williams. Before this game everybody loved him, everybody loved that we invested so much into the secondary, then they loved we only bring the press. with the front 4 and no more blitz packages., everybody loved he has now trasitioned his defense twice since his first year here...

Yep, the offense somewhat (but not really) has an excuse because the OL is just decimated. GW, on the other hand, has the tools to blitz and he doesn't even try. What also odd is playing a scrub (Torrence) against R. Moss. Stupid.

Hey Snyder... check out this memo: You can pay me a tiny fraction of what you're paying GW to get spanked that bad.

GW, along with Gibbs, just needs to go.

Yep, the offense somewhat (but not really) has an excuse because the OL is just decimated. GW, on the other hand, has the tools to blitz and he doesn't even try. What also odd is playing a scrub (Torrence) against R. Moss. Stupid.

Hey Snyder... check out this memo: You can pay me a tiny fraction of what you're paying GW to get spanked that bad.

GW, along with Gibbs, just needs to go.

It's simple, easy, basic, the skins were outclassed. Take away the turnovers, game plan, etc. and you still have a loss. Tom Brady is a HOF and JC's still learning with inferior talent. By the end of the season, perhaps things will be different but for now, the Pats and other AFC powers are in a league of their own.

It's simple, easy, basic, the skins were outclassed. Take away the turnovers, game plan, etc. and you still have a loss. Tom Brady is a HOF and JC's still learning with inferior talent. By the end of the season, perhaps things will be different but for now, the Pats and other AFC powers are in a league of their own.

The one thing you DO NOT DO against a veteran qb with dangerous is receivers is blitz.

Thats whats so interestng abot hte patriots. It seems they do not have a weakness. If you blitz, their receivers will kill you YAC. If you stay in coverage, Brady will have time to pick you apart and his receivers WILL get open. if you play the pass all day they have a strong run game. If you load the box, they'll kill you 1:1 coverage.

I agree, but if you're going to get beat, at least go down swinging. I'd have liked to have seen some blitzes today. I thought Williams would have learned that after watching this same gameplan almost cost us the Cards game.

At least with the blitz, we could have pressured Brady into a couple hurried throws, or maybe we could have knocked him on his ass a few times even if he got the ball away first. He's their most dangerous weapon. Yes, the WRs are good, but you have to focus on the number 1 weapon - and that's Brady.

The one thing you DO NOT DO against a veteran qb with dangerous is receivers is blitz.

Thats whats so interestng abot hte patriots. It seems they do not have a weakness. If you blitz, their receivers will kill you YAC. If you stay in coverage, Brady will have time to pick you apart and his receivers WILL get open. if you play the pass all day they have a strong run game. If you load the box, they'll kill you 1:1 coverage.

I agree, but if you're going to get beat, at least go down swinging. I'd have liked to have seen some blitzes today. I thought Williams would have learned that after watching this same gameplan almost cost us the Cards game.

At least with the blitz, we could have pressured Brady into a couple hurried throws, or maybe we could have knocked him on his ass a few times even if he got the ball away first. He's their most dangerous weapon. Yes, the WRs are good, but you have to focus on the number 1 weapon - and that's Brady.

First off all, im not sure if anything we did could have let us win this game. Without scoring points offensively, we never stood a chance. We were beating in every facet until its hard to pin point any one thing. However, I became very irritated watching us play a deep zone the ENTIRE game which brady picked apart with such ease for 7-15 yard passes frequently. Either that, or they ran on it for 5-8 yards a pop. They went through the defense with the difficulty of a hot knife through butter. They also went through this defense easily in the beginning of the game before the defense even had chance to get tired...

I feel like smoot not playing, and rogers going down definitely negatively affected our ability to play defense and our ability to play man to man. But my gripe is, if the zone was NOT WORKING AT ALL, why didn't we at least TRY something else... I don't care if we get beaten deep. Let's be honest folks, did they have a hard time scoring on us anyways?????? We weren't even playing defense in a way that lead to much chances for them making mistakes. People caught balls who were generally pretty open. We got killed over the middle or on passes to the rb's REPEATEDLY. I understand some of our best corners went down but for the love of god why not try to switch up the defense or blitz. By the time we were already down 30 something points, what did we have to lose???? If we pressed the receivers and brought some heat, we 'might' have a chance of them not completing the passes rather than everyone stand 9 yards off the line of scrimmage. How can you disrupt a timing route if you play that deep??????

If randy moss beats us for a 92 yd td... who cares?!? At least its possible he might overthrow him anways, the wind was blowing very hard and like i said the zone wasnt working regardless. I'm not saying man to man would have worked great, but it's ASANINE to continue to do the same thing that is OBVIOUSLY not working... There was nothing stopping brady from easily completely short passes ALL DAY.... And that's just what he did folks. When a team scores 52 pts, I don't think you have to worry about changing what you are doing in fear of them scoring easily on you....

anyways, we can still make the playoffs in a week nfc...:2cents:

oh and f bellicheat.. im rooting for the colts next week

First off all, im not sure if anything we did could have let us win this game. Without scoring points offensively, we never stood a chance. We were beating in every facet until its hard to pin point any one thing. However, I became very irritated watching us play a deep zone the ENTIRE game which brady picked apart with such ease for 7-15 yard passes frequently. Either that, or they ran on it for 5-8 yards a pop. They went through the defense with the difficulty of a hot knife through butter. They also went through this defense easily in the beginning of the game before the defense even had chance to get tired...

I feel like smoot not playing, and rogers going down definitely negatively affected our ability to play defense and our ability to play man to man. But my gripe is, if the zone was NOT WORKING AT ALL, why didn't we at least TRY something else... I don't care if we get beaten deep. Let's be honest folks, did they have a hard time scoring on us anyways?????? We weren't even playing defense in a way that lead to much chances for them making mistakes. People caught balls who were generally pretty open. We got killed over the middle or on passes to the rb's REPEATEDLY. I understand some of our best corners went down but for the love of god why not try to switch up the defense or blitz. By the time we were already down 30 something points, what did we have to lose???? If we pressed the receivers and brought some heat, we 'might' have a chance of them not completing the passes rather than everyone stand 9 yards off the line of scrimmage. How can you disrupt a timing route if you play that deep??????

If randy moss beats us for a 92 yd td... who cares?!? At least its possible he might overthrow him anways, the wind was blowing very hard and like i said the zone wasnt working regardless. I'm not saying man to man would have worked great, but it's ASANINE to continue to do the same thing that is OBVIOUSLY not working... There was nothing stopping brady from easily completely short passes ALL DAY.... And that's just what he did folks. When a team scores 52 pts, I don't think you have to worry about changing what you are doing in fear of them scoring easily on you....

anyways, we can still make the playoffs in a week nfc...:2cents:

oh and f bellicheat.. im rooting for the colts next week

No one has found an achilles heel and we're no exception.

Sittin back and letting brady pick u apart, then you aint gonna beat the PATS, like we just seen!! the only way is EXOTIC, TIMED blitzes! you have to show different looks and keep Brady guessing to whos gonna blitz and whos dropping back! We did nothin the whole game, no adjustments, nothing!!! no CB blitz nothing!! just 4 man rush against a very good O line!! Givin HOF QB Brady all day to pick his poison!! To stop the PATS if any way, you have to get to the source and thats Brady!! I would have shown Brady or tried to some Defensive looks he aint never seen in his life!!! Take ur chances on the blitz and pin your ears back and hope to get to the QB cuz sittin back aint gonna work!!!!

No one has found an achilles heel and we're no exception.

Sittin back and letting brady pick u apart, then you aint gonna beat the PATS, like we just seen!! the only way is EXOTIC, TIMED blitzes! you have to show different looks and keep Brady guessing to whos gonna blitz and whos dropping back! We did nothin the whole game, no adjustments, nothing!!! no CB blitz nothing!! just 4 man rush against a very good O line!! Givin HOF QB Brady all day to pick his poison!! To stop the PATS if any way, you have to get to the source and thats Brady!! I would have shown Brady or tried to some Defensive looks he aint never seen in his life!!! Take ur chances on the blitz and pin your ears back and hope to get to the QB cuz sittin back aint gonna work!!!!

Archived