Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Blaming Greg Williams

ManleyMann7271

Wow.

Two weeks in a row our Offense sucks on ice with three-and-out after three-and-out and the Defense is blamed again.

Defense gets an F, but the Offense gets an F-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus

Wow.

Two weeks in a row our Offense sucks on ice with three-and-out after three-and-out and the Defense is blamed again.

Defense gets an F, but the Offense gets an F-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus-minus

Sorry but I think you're way off.

Most of the damage that Brady did was on 3 step and 5 step drops where he got rid of the ball quickly, or dumped it off to the running backs in the flats. We would have been torched even worse if we had blitzed on these plays. I have no idea why we decided not to cover the backs out of the backfield.

Sorry but I think you're way off.

Most of the damage that Brady did was on 3 step and 5 step drops where he got rid of the ball quickly, or dumped it off to the running backs in the flats. We would have been torched even worse if we had blitzed on these plays. I have no idea why we decided not to cover the backs out of the backfield.

I was really disappointed with the defensive game plan for the Patriots. For the third game in a row I saw none of the Greg Williams' blitz packages of the past. I realize that they were trying to get the best pass coverage possible but when you give a decent QB all day in the pocket, he'll pick you apart. Kurt Werner did it, Eli did it, why would we not think that Tom Brady would do it as well. Oh yeah, that's because it worked on the Rams, but their O line sucks and we could get pressure with the front four. That's rare. Coach Williams should have realized that at halftime and then try to bring some pressure in the second half.

When we last played the Colts, the first half, we put all kinds of pressure on Peyton but then in the second we did that same B.S. that we tried today and of course, just like today, he picked us apart.

We knew the offense was going to struggle but the real disappointment lies with the defense.

find another sport to follow. becaused i'm amazed at your complete lack of knowledge about the game of football.

you're probably one of those guys in the stands that wants to go for it every 4th down, no matter what the situation.

i hear there's another 'football' that's played in europe. you might want to try watching that.

I was really disappointed with the defensive game plan for the Patriots. For the third game in a row I saw none of the Greg Williams' blitz packages of the past. I realize that they were trying to get the best pass coverage possible but when you give a decent QB all day in the pocket, he'll pick you apart. Kurt Werner did it, Eli did it, why would we not think that Tom Brady would do it as well. Oh yeah, that's because it worked on the Rams, but their O line sucks and we could get pressure with the front four. That's rare. Coach Williams should have realized that at halftime and then try to bring some pressure in the second half.

When we last played the Colts, the first half, we put all kinds of pressure on Peyton but then in the second we did that same B.S. that we tried today and of course, just like today, he picked us apart.

We knew the offense was going to struggle but the real disappointment lies with the defense.

find another sport to follow. becaused i'm amazed at your complete lack of knowledge about the game of football.

you're probably one of those guys in the stands that wants to go for it every 4th down, no matter what the situation.

i hear there's another 'football' that's played in europe. you might want to try watching that.

Greg Williams was stupid for not blitzing occasionally and mixing up the defense. You can't just run the cover 2 every single play. You cannot play prevent defense every play.

But Williams did not fumble 3 times and Greg did not get intercepted. the QB had the turnovers not the defense.

Greg Williams was stupid for not blitzing occasionally and mixing up the defense. You can't just run the cover 2 every single play. You cannot play prevent defense every play.

But Williams did not fumble 3 times and Greg did not get intercepted. the QB had the turnovers not the defense.

Clearly, the Pats came in with a gameplan and executed it beautifully. They knew Greg Williams would play the same type of defense he has been playing all season - dropping everyone back in coverage and rushing four. So they did just what would work against that defense - running draws and up the middle, throwing to the RB coming out of the backfield (notice how their runnings didn't go lateral to the sidelines, they went out of the pocket and up the field), throwing short passes in the middle. Did you guys see their RBs coming out of the backfield and go upfield and instantly the ball is in their hands.

This is the most disappointing thing about our team. It seems we are rarely prepared to play. We essentially do the same thing every week against every team. Look at last week against Arizona. They had a one-armed QB and we did not blitz him at all (while every fan thought Kurt Warner's career would have been over if he played). Granted, the defense did play great that week, but Kurt did have a good game. Our offense ALWAYS start slow. And this puzzles me so much. The first, if not two, drives of each game should be scores. The coach should map out the plays for the first drive and the players should visualize the plays. Hence, execution follows.

On another note, did anyone see coach Gibbs wave away the penalty calls against us? What the hell was that? Go yell at the players for playing the mistakes.

Clearly, the Pats came in with a gameplan and executed it beautifully. They knew Greg Williams would play the same type of defense he has been playing all season - dropping everyone back in coverage and rushing four. So they did just what would work against that defense - running draws and up the middle, throwing to the RB coming out of the backfield (notice how their runnings didn't go lateral to the sidelines, they went out of the pocket and up the field), throwing short passes in the middle. Did you guys see their RBs coming out of the backfield and go upfield and instantly the ball is in their hands.

This is the most disappointing thing about our team. It seems we are rarely prepared to play. We essentially do the same thing every week against every team. Look at last week against Arizona. They had a one-armed QB and we did not blitz him at all (while every fan thought Kurt Warner's career would have been over if he played). Granted, the defense did play great that week, but Kurt did have a good game. Our offense ALWAYS start slow. And this puzzles me so much. The first, if not two, drives of each game should be scores. The coach should map out the plays for the first drive and the players should visualize the plays. Hence, execution follows.

On another note, did anyone see coach Gibbs wave away the penalty calls against us? What the hell was that? Go yell at the players for playing the mistakes.

Clearly, the Pats came in with a gameplan and executed it beautifully.

The Patriots took the Redskins far more seriously than the Redskins took themselves. That starts at the top with Coach Gibbs and the completely defeatist attitude he took with the media all-week prior to the game. He already at least publicly stated we couldn't win.

Clearly, the Pats came in with a gameplan and executed it beautifully.

The Patriots took the Redskins far more seriously than the Redskins took themselves. That starts at the top with Coach Gibbs and the completely defeatist attitude he took with the media all-week prior to the game. He already at least publicly stated we couldn't win.

OK, so they beat us 52-7 without blitzing, so would you like us to blitz every down and they pick up the blitz (cause they got a pretty good O-line) and they beat us 104-7?

How would you know such a thing would happen if we never actually tried it at any point during the game?

Brady on valium could have beaten us easily.

OK, so they beat us 52-7 without blitzing, so would you like us to blitz every down and they pick up the blitz (cause they got a pretty good O-line) and they beat us 104-7?

How would you know such a thing would happen if we never actually tried it at any point during the game?

Brady on valium could have beaten us easily.

Archived