Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Blaming Greg Williams

ManleyMann7271

To me it looked like we were calling the same defensive play over and over again. Too bad it didn't work and has rarely worked this year if you think about it. The eagles marched down the field on us, the giants did the same. I mean if you give me 8-15 yards a pass play I'll take that all day just like brady did. Or how about having the lb's so far back they can't make any plays in the running game.

To me it looked like we were calling the same defensive play over and over again. Too bad it didn't work and has rarely worked this year if you think about it. The eagles marched down the field on us, the giants did the same. I mean if you give me 8-15 yards a pass play I'll take that all day just like brady did. Or how about having the lb's so far back they can't make any plays in the running game.

Sittin back and letting brady pick u apart, then you aint gonna beat the PATS, like we just seen!! the only way is EXOTIC, TIMED blitzes! you have to show different looks and keep Brady guessing to whos gonna blitz and whos dropping back! We did nothin the whole game, no adjustments, nothing!!! no CB blitz nothing!! just 4 man rush against a very good O line!! Givin HOF QB Brady all day to pick his poison!! To stop the PATS if any way, you have to get to the source and thats Brady!! I would have shown Brady or tried to some Defensive looks he aint never seen in his life!!! Take ur chances on the blitz and pin your ears back and hope to get to the QB cuz sittin back aint gonna work!!!!

As someone else said...you do that, we would have lost 102-7 not 52-7.

NE's receivers are too good to send some exotic blitzes. Welker/Stallworth are speedy and Moss draws half a fields coverage.

The only way they will lose is with dropped balls, fumbles, if Brady loses an eye, etc. I dont think anyone can *beat* this team.

Sittin back and letting brady pick u apart, then you aint gonna beat the PATS, like we just seen!! the only way is EXOTIC, TIMED blitzes! you have to show different looks and keep Brady guessing to whos gonna blitz and whos dropping back! We did nothin the whole game, no adjustments, nothing!!! no CB blitz nothing!! just 4 man rush against a very good O line!! Givin HOF QB Brady all day to pick his poison!! To stop the PATS if any way, you have to get to the source and thats Brady!! I would have shown Brady or tried to some Defensive looks he aint never seen in his life!!! Take ur chances on the blitz and pin your ears back and hope to get to the QB cuz sittin back aint gonna work!!!!

As someone else said...you do that, we would have lost 102-7 not 52-7.

NE's receivers are too good to send some exotic blitzes. Welker/Stallworth are speedy and Moss draws half a fields coverage.

The only way they will lose is with dropped balls, fumbles, if Brady loses an eye, etc. I dont think anyone can *beat* this team.

While what you said is 100% accurate, it doesn't mean that the defensive issues can't or shouldn't be discussed. The Patriots scored at will BEFORE the point that our defense should have been tired. So the scheme should be discussed.

Correct. Our defense and coaching staff choked yesterday. No one should hang 52 on our defense. No one. It's that simple. We were unable to stop the most basic play. The offense played pretty much as I expected (far too many banged up lineman) but the defense was a major disappointment.

While what you said is 100% accurate, it doesn't mean that the defensive issues can't or shouldn't be discussed. The Patriots scored at will BEFORE the point that our defense should have been tired. So the scheme should be discussed.

Correct. Our defense and coaching staff choked yesterday. No one should hang 52 on our defense. No one. It's that simple. We were unable to stop the most basic play. The offense played pretty much as I expected (far too many banged up lineman) but the defense was a major disappointment.

OK, so they beat us 52-7 without blitzing, so would you like us to blitz every down and they pick up the blitz (cause they got a pretty good O-line) and they beat us 104-7?

you can't beat a QB like Brady or Peyton with the weapons they have with no blitz pressure up the middle. period. its a simple fact of the game you will hear every QB analyst say! if you allow them to feel comfortable in the pocket they will pick you apart. you have to disrupt their timing, and get them off their launch point, which forces bad decisions and can result in turnovers. It's a pretty basic equation. If you think different you don't really know the X's and O's of the game. Same goes with coverage, you can't let eliete receivers get a free release from the line. Disrupt their routes and timing.... Greg Williams should know this. Not to mention when Vrabel is in the game on offense he is getting the ball :P

OK, so they beat us 52-7 without blitzing, so would you like us to blitz every down and they pick up the blitz (cause they got a pretty good O-line) and they beat us 104-7?

you can't beat a QB like Brady or Peyton with the weapons they have with no blitz pressure up the middle. period. its a simple fact of the game you will hear every QB analyst say! if you allow them to feel comfortable in the pocket they will pick you apart. you have to disrupt their timing, and get them off their launch point, which forces bad decisions and can result in turnovers. It's a pretty basic equation. If you think different you don't really know the X's and O's of the game. Same goes with coverage, you can't let eliete receivers get a free release from the line. Disrupt their routes and timing.... Greg Williams should know this. Not to mention when Vrabel is in the game on offense he is getting the ball :P

Archived