Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Blaming Greg Williams

ManleyMann7271

Simple fact is you can't turn the ball over against the Pats and expect to even be close. Jason has to learn how to hold onto the ball better, it seems like every time he gets hit he fumbles. We had to get points off our lone turnover to build some momentum, the game was pretty much over after that. I do think we should've blitzed more but in the end, the Pats are just a much better football team.

Simple fact is you can't turn the ball over against the Pats and expect to even be close. Jason has to learn how to hold onto the ball better, it seems like every time he gets hit he fumbles. We had to get points off our lone turnover to build some momentum, the game was pretty much over after that. I do think we should've blitzed more but in the end, the Pats are just a much better football team.

The one thing you DO NOT DO against a veteran qb with dangerous is receivers is blitz.

Why?

'Cuz they could beat us 52-7? I say send Landry on a blitz every so often and see what happens. Worst thing that could happen is we lose 66-7! OR we could have lost 35-7. Not trying at least SOMETHING is retarded!

The one thing you DO NOT DO against a veteran qb with dangerous is receivers is blitz.

Why?

'Cuz they could beat us 52-7? I say send Landry on a blitz every so often and see what happens. Worst thing that could happen is we lose 66-7! OR we could have lost 35-7. Not trying at least SOMETHING is retarded!

You can't win if you don't score. We would have had to hold them to under 7 points if we had wanted to win.

...Yeah, right like that woulda ever happened. Besides our offense kept giving them the ball and once again our D was forced to play almost the entire game.

Sure they didn't play as well as they should have, but in no way are they more responsible for this loss than the offense.

You can't win if you don't score. We would have had to hold them to under 7 points if we had wanted to win.

...Yeah, right like that woulda ever happened. Besides our offense kept giving them the ball and once again our D was forced to play almost the entire game.

Sure they didn't play as well as they should have, but in no way are they more responsible for this loss than the offense.

OK, so they beat us 52-7 without blitzing, so would you like us to blitz every down and they pick up the blitz (cause they got a pretty good O-line) and they beat us 104-7?

Yep. Only difference in the game (besides the 104-7 score) would be the WR's of the Patriots would have had a gajillion more td's and their average YPC would have been double.

Some days you just don't match up well. This is one of them. If it is any consolation, most teams are in the same boat we are in.

OK, so they beat us 52-7 without blitzing, so would you like us to blitz every down and they pick up the blitz (cause they got a pretty good O-line) and they beat us 104-7?

Yep. Only difference in the game (besides the 104-7 score) would be the WR's of the Patriots would have had a gajillion more td's and their average YPC would have been double.

Some days you just don't match up well. This is one of them. If it is any consolation, most teams are in the same boat we are in.

I'll give GW a pass. The Defense has been great all year long and nobody was complaining when we held the high scoring Lions and Packers to 3 and 10 points, respectively. We simply don't have the personel to match up with the Patriots(nobody does to be quite honest)and that, coupled with having to play with the worst Offense in the league, made things very tough on him.

I'll give GW a pass. The Defense has been great all year long and nobody was complaining when we held the high scoring Lions and Packers to 3 and 10 points, respectively. We simply don't have the personel to match up with the Patriots(nobody does to be quite honest)and that, coupled with having to play with the worst Offense in the league, made things very tough on him.

Gregg Williams and Joe need to follow the rest of the NFL and that is make halftime adjustment. GW's coverage 2 scheme limits the talent of the players. He needs to go man to man on the out side with safety help. The outside LBs need to learn how to cover the slow tightends and some RBs. I just think it the scheme and not the players.:dallasuck

Gregg Williams and Joe need to follow the rest of the NFL and that is make halftime adjustment. GW's coverage 2 scheme limits the talent of the players. He needs to go man to man on the out side with safety help. The outside LBs need to learn how to cover the slow tightends and some RBs. I just think it the scheme and not the players.:dallasuck

Archived