Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerry Jones on the Skins-Cowgirls Rivalry

nickditchey

It's subtle, but with this small comment about playing a game in Europe it confirms who the Cowboys consider they're biggest rival. I hate the 'girls as much as anyone, but I definitely appreciate it when anyone from the org recognizes that we're their biggest rival.

"Our game is much like it is in soccer," Jones said. "It's my team versus your team. You take Dallas versus Wasington, and there's a lot there when you play that game in Dallas. You play that same game somewhere else, except Washington, and it's going to feel more like an exhibition. Not that that's what it would be. But there are challenges."

Fixed. :thumbsup:

Not only this, but when they unveiled the design of the new stadium they are building, they panned to the fake scoreboard, and it said "Cowboys 21 Redskins 7." I'd call that a shot at the Skins, and both of these seem to indicate that we each consider ourselves true rivals. Heck, why else would Dallas be in a division of 3 teams on the East coast? It's this rivalry that dictated that alignment.

We don't need to find proof of this rivalry. I call it the greatest rivalry in sports and I really think i can defend that.

Not only this, but when they unveiled the design of the new stadium they are building, they panned to the fake scoreboard, and it said "Cowboys 21 Redskins 7." I'd call that a shot at the Skins, and both of these seem to indicate that we each consider ourselves true rivals. Heck, why else would Dallas be in a division of 3 teams on the East coast? It's this rivalry that dictated that alignment.

We don't need to find proof of this rivalry. I call it the greatest rivalry in sports and I really think i can defend that.

i saw that but i don't view it as a shot. Are they going to put them getting blown out on the scoreboard in a model?

i saw that but i don't view it as a shot. Are they going to put them getting blown out on the scoreboard in a model?

I have not heard a positive thing from anyone concerning playing overseas. Do you think any English Blokes going to care about a 'skins vs 'boys rivalry?

Probably not and I guarantee you'll see a lot of empty seats when the Gnats play the Fins.

The only thing good coming from that game will be the jet lag and interruption of the Gnats routine. Could be a needed loss for our sake. We need all the help we can get.

:gaintsuck

I have not heard a positive thing from anyone concerning playing overseas. Do you think any English Blokes going to care about a 'skins vs 'boys rivalry?

Probably not and I guarantee you'll see a lot of empty seats when the Gnats play the Fins.

The only thing good coming from that game will be the jet lag and interruption of the Gnats routine. Could be a needed loss for our sake. We need all the help we can get.

:gaintsuck

Media and other fans keep talking about the colts and Pats game. People don't understand the money that a dallas and redskins game can and has produced. Trust Me, If dallas and the skins both need to win that last game to declare a division champ, I'm sure it will trump most of the past superbowls. Jones and Snyder will build it up.

Media and other fans keep talking about the colts and Pats game. People don't understand the money that a dallas and redskins game can and has produced. Trust Me, If dallas and the skins both need to win that last game to declare a division champ, I'm sure it will trump most of the past superbowls. Jones and Snyder will build it up.

I don't see how you could have a Skins/Cowboys game overseas.

There is no way in hell Snyder would agree to give up our home game of the two. And I'm sure Jones wouldn't either.

In fact, I hope we never play any of our "home" games outside of our own stadium with our own 12th man.

I wouldn't mind an away game, though. That could be a fun trip.

It's much more likely that Dallas would get an away game like that, though (not against us) because the Cowboys are a much more popular team internationally than we are. If you go a sporting goods store in Asia, you'd be surprised how much Cowboys junk you'll see alongside soccer and formula one and NBA and other sports.

I don't see how you could have a Skins/Cowboys game overseas.

There is no way in hell Snyder would agree to give up our home game of the two. And I'm sure Jones wouldn't either.

In fact, I hope we never play any of our "home" games outside of our own stadium with our own 12th man.

I wouldn't mind an away game, though. That could be a fun trip.

It's much more likely that Dallas would get an away game like that, though (not against us) because the Cowboys are a much more popular team internationally than we are. If you go a sporting goods store in Asia, you'd be surprised how much Cowboys junk you'll see alongside soccer and formula one and NBA and other sports.

Archived