Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Clinton takes on 9/11 Conspiracy Protestor

USS Redskins

He did handle that well. He is one charismatic fella, that Clinton.

Like i've said before, I don't approve of the tactics, but if the 63% of the population(according to an MSNBC poll that was pointed out to me) all stoud up and did this, maybe the questions could be answered.

Luke is not a bad guy, he just feels he is doing his job as an American, demanding answers.

Like i've said before, I don't approve of the tactics, but if the 63% of the population(according to an MSNBC poll that was pointed out to me) all stoud up and did this, maybe the questions could be answered.

Luke is not a bad guy, he just feels he is doing his job as an American, demanding answers.

Unfortunately, humans have shown throughout history that when they don't know answers to questions, they just make the answers up. That's where god and religion came from. To me, the "truthers" are no different.

There are questions as to what happened on 9/11 and the government did all they could to keep from having to answer them but that doesn't mean it's alright to jump to conclusions based on faulty reason and incomplete evidence.

Unfortunately, humans have shown throughout history that when they don't know answers to questions, they just make the answers up. That's where god and religion came from. To me, the "truthers" are no different.

There are questions as to what happened on 9/11 and the government did all they could to keep from having to answer them but that doesn't mean it's alright to jump to conclusions based on faulty reason and incomplete evidence.

I'd take it much further than that. Even if you believe that there are people at the top of the Bush Administration who would be sufficiently evil and deluded to do this, you also have to accuse the hundreds or even thousands of rescue service and medical personnel of being directly involved in the cover up.

Taking just one aspect of the Pentagon crash as an example, and the '9/11 truthers' claim of a missile rather than a hi-jacked commercial plane being responsible for the impact. The DNA of the passengers on American Airlines Flight 77 which left Dulles that morning was recovered from the Pentagon site by the rescue and medical personnel. To suggest a conspiracy is to accuse all of these people of being complicit in the greatest mass murder in American history.

Clinton's "How dare you" is an appropriate response.

I'd take it much further than that. Even if you believe that there are people at the top of the Bush Administration who would be sufficiently evil and deluded to do this, you also have to accuse the hundreds or even thousands of rescue service and medical personnel of being directly involved in the cover up.

Taking just one aspect of the Pentagon crash as an example, and the '9/11 truthers' claim of a missile rather than a hi-jacked commercial plane being responsible for the impact. The DNA of the passengers on American Airlines Flight 77 which left Dulles that morning was recovered from the Pentagon site by the rescue and medical personnel. To suggest a conspiracy is to accuse all of these people of being complicit in the greatest mass murder in American history.

...If not understated. I think "you are dumber than a box of rocks" is an appropriate response.

...If not understated. I think "you are dumber than a box of rocks" is an appropriate response.

I agree with you completely. I've discussed this with some of the truthers and they can be as irrational and irritating as some of the 100% believers in the offical story. I've had plenty of discussions with enough people, both on the internets and in real life, to know there are still a lot of questions that need answering. There are a lot of people who are afraid to ask some of these questions and say they do doubt the offical story and when people like Luke do things like this, it shows that some people are asking those questions.

I think we all know my stance on 9/11 and when I look at where we as a country have gone since and now that I can take a look at how we got here, it raises even more concerns. We have two parties, both pushing big gov't, getting caught over and over lieing to us, profiting off a war we had no justification starting, working very closly with know sponsers of terrorism(because I know they are real, regardless of who did what, on 9/11) and tightening down on our freedoms. It needs to stop and people doing things like this, will help get us down that road.

I agree with you completely. I've discussed this with some of the truthers and they can be as irrational and irritating as some of the 100% believers in the offical story. I've had plenty of discussions with enough people, both on the internets and in real life, to know there are still a lot of questions that need answering. There are a lot of people who are afraid to ask some of these questions and say they do doubt the offical story and when people like Luke do things like this, it shows that some people are asking those questions.

I think we all know my stance on 9/11 and when I look at where we as a country have gone since and now that I can take a look at how we got here, it raises even more concerns. We have two parties, both pushing big gov't, getting caught over and over lieing to us, profiting off a war we had no justification starting, working very closly with know sponsers of terrorism(because I know they are real, regardless of who did what, on 9/11) and tightening down on our freedoms. It needs to stop and people doing things like this, will help get us down that road.

It needs to stop and people doing things like this, will help get us down that road.

I disagree here. I think your other points are valid.

However, these types of protest tactics: interrupting speeches and/or discussions by yelling catchphrases; standing in the middle of a highway to keep people from making it to work on time; throwing Molotov ****tails through the window of a Starbucks, all they do is serve to alienate the protesters from the general population, which is ultimately, the very people they are trying to convince. They just come across as high-strung *******s, unstable and irrational crusaders. They obscure their own message by their tactics of annoying everybody. Not to mention there is a fascist element to their beliefs, in that they get extremely angry if you don't see things the way they do, so angry they will not allow anyone to speak who doesn't speak to them, so angry that they will do what they can to disrupt the lives of people who don't buy their message.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions. There is something wrong with doing it in a way that is disrespectful, and as a product of that, counterproductive.

It needs to stop and people doing things like this, will help get us down that road.

However, these types of protest tactics: interrupting speeches and/or discussions by yelling catchphrases; standing in the middle of a highway to keep people from making it to work on time; throwing Molotov ****tails through the window of a Starbucks, all they do is serve to alienate the protesters from the general population, which is ultimately, the very people they are trying to convince. They just come across as high-strung *******s, unstable and irrational crusaders. They obscure their own message by their tactics of annoying everybody. Not to mention there is a fascist element to their beliefs, in that they get extremely angry if you don't see things the way they do, so angry they will not allow anyone to speak who doesn't speak to them, so angry that they will do what they can to disrupt the lives of people who don't buy their message.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions. There is something wrong with doing it in a way that is disrespectful, and as a product of that, counterproductive.

I agree but the thing is, a protest accomplishes nothing without garnering attention.

Speaking of which, didn't a guy in the UK protest the war by dressing up as batman and climbing onto one of their buildings?

edit: actually the guy was protesting something else

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3652502.stm

I agree but the thing is, a protest accomplishes nothing without garnering attention.

Speaking of which, didn't a guy in the UK protest the war by dressing up as batman and climbing onto one of their buildings?

edit: actually the guy was protesting something else

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3652502.stm

Archived