Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is Saunders the problem?

earl

This isn't Gibb's offense from 2005. I don't care what Saunders did anywhere else, I really don't. I care what the Skins offense does. Two years into Saunders having total play calling ability I have seen NOTHING... literally... NOTHING to say "wow, I'm glad we got Saunders". The last time I was excited about the skins offense was in 2005 when Gibbs was getting it done with Mark Brunell.

This isn't Gibb's offense from 2005. I don't care what Saunders did anywhere else, I really don't. I care what the Skins offense does. Two years into Saunders having total play calling ability I have seen NOTHING... literally... NOTHING to say "wow, I'm glad we got Saunders". The last time I was excited about the skins offense was in 2005 when Gibbs was getting it done with Mark Brunell.

Why is Saunders still here? How can you be effective OC when you have to watch over your back by the HC on every play called? And, once you get into 20 yard line, the HC takes over? What kinda gameplan can you run? Saunders must really like the money to stay.

Why is Saunders still here? How can you be effective OC when you have to watch over your back by the HC on every play called? And, once you get into 20 yard line, the HC takes over? What kinda gameplan can you run? Saunders must really like the money to stay.

Yes, Al Saunders is a big problem because he is a lousy play caller. His calls are predicatble and weak. I may not know much about offensive systems or playbooks or formations, but I do know that I have little left in my house to throw at the television every time that we try a two yard pass on third (or worse, fourth) and three. Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yes, Al Saunders is a big problem because he is a lousy play caller. His calls are predicatble and weak. I may not know much about offensive systems or playbooks or formations, but I do know that I have little left in my house to throw at the television every time that we try a two yard pass on third (or worse, fourth) and three. Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I think all the coaches need to go..offense and defense! To come in this game with NO GAME PLAN is ridiculous. You can't rush 3 or 4 linemen on every down and expect to beat Tom Brady.

You can't run the ball and throw 5 yards & under passes and expect the defense just to play deep. The defense played up all day and the redskins kept throwing short passes and running the ball. When they did try to go deeper, they only used 2 receivers! and still they gave up sacks!!!!

I'll be glad when this coaching crew is gone!

I think all the coaches need to go..offense and defense! To come in this game with NO GAME PLAN is ridiculous. You can't rush 3 or 4 linemen on every down and expect to beat Tom Brady.

You can't run the ball and throw 5 yards & under passes and expect the defense just to play deep. The defense played up all day and the redskins kept throwing short passes and running the ball. When they did try to go deeper, they only used 2 receivers! and still they gave up sacks!!!!

I'll be glad when this coaching crew is gone!

riddle me this Gibbs haters..." name one GREAT KC WR during Saunder's tenure?"

Everyone complaining about the conservative dink and dunk style of the skins and blaming Gibbs for it should think about that. Saunders made a living dinking and dunking in the flats to his TE and RB's. Is it a coincidence that in Saunder's second year, first year his playbook is really in effect, that we have no TD's from our WR. Perhaps Moss hasn't fallen off, and Lloyd isn't a bust, perhaps Saunders has never had a track record of utilizing his WR deep threat.

I know, I know, what about about St. Louis....but wasn't that really Mike Martz? Wasn't a bulk of that offense throwing to his RB Marshall Faulk?

Something to think about. I myself am optimistic about Saunders, but am sick and tired of everyone assuming that Joe is the problem. If the offense does well then Saunders is a genius, but if it stalls it must be Joe. :2cents:

Gibbs is in the 4th year of a 5 year contract, and he's trying to "develop" a very average QB who is essentially a rookie. End of discussion. Some of us saw this coming 3 or 4 years ago.

riddle me this Gibbs haters..." name one GREAT KC WR during Saunder's tenure?"

Everyone complaining about the conservative dink and dunk style of the skins and blaming Gibbs for it should think about that. Saunders made a living dinking and dunking in the flats to his TE and RB's. Is it a coincidence that in Saunder's second year, first year his playbook is really in effect, that we have no TD's from our WR. Perhaps Moss hasn't fallen off, and Lloyd isn't a bust, perhaps Saunders has never had a track record of utilizing his WR deep threat.

I know, I know, what about about St. Louis....but wasn't that really Mike Martz? Wasn't a bulk of that offense throwing to his RB Marshall Faulk?

Something to think about. I myself am optimistic about Saunders, but am sick and tired of everyone assuming that Joe is the problem. If the offense does well then Saunders is a genius, but if it stalls it must be Joe. :2cents:

Gibbs is in the 4th year of a 5 year contract, and he's trying to "develop" a very average QB who is essentially a rookie. End of discussion. Some of us saw this coming 3 or 4 years ago.

Gibbs didn't get it done with Brunell. They struggled to put up points and move the ball that season. They were 5-6 until the O-line and CP stepped it up and went on a 5 game win streak. Brunell sucked! Gibbs play-calling still sucked! They would have lost to TB in the first round if it wasn't for LaVar getting an INT for a TD. They had no chance against Seattle with that piss poor play-calling.

Archived