Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is Saunders the problem?

earl

This isn't Gibb's offense from 2005. I don't care what Saunders did anywhere else, I really don't. I care what the Skins offense does. Two years into Saunders having total play calling ability I have seen NOTHING... literally... NOTHING to say "wow, I'm glad we got Saunders". The last time I was excited about the skins offense was in 2005 when Gibbs was getting it done with Mark Brunell.

Gibbs didn't get it done with Brunell. They struggled to put up points and move the ball that season. They were 5-6 until the O-line and CP stepped it up and went on a 5 game win streak. Brunell sucked! Gibbs play-calling still sucked! They would have lost to TB in the first round if it wasn't for LaVar getting an INT for a TD. They had no chance against Seattle with that piss poor play-calling.

Gibbs is in the 4th year of a 5 year contract, and he's trying to "develop" a very average QB who is essentially a rookie. End of discussion. Some of us saw this coming 3 or 4 years ago.

JC is not the problem. He has carried this team on his shoulders to a 4-3 record and this was only his 15th start. I'm thinking more and more that Saunders is the problem. It just isn't meant to be for him in DC. Conflicting styles and we don't have the personnel to match his wacky offense. To put it on JC is inaccurate, especially with no ol.

Gibbs is in the 4th year of a 5 year contract, and he's trying to "develop" a very average QB who is essentially a rookie. End of discussion. Some of us saw this coming 3 or 4 years ago.

JC is not the problem. He has carried this team on his shoulders to a 4-3 record and this was only his 15th start. I'm thinking more and more that Saunders is the problem. It just isn't meant to be for him in DC. Conflicting styles and we don't have the personnel to match his wacky offense. To put it on JC is inaccurate, especially with no ol.

Hey, wow, it's AJ Skins. Appearing after a long absense to rag on the qb and the coach. Funny, he never posts after a lost.

As classless as Belichick.

And predictable as Gibbs.

Hey, wow, it's AJ Skins. Appearing after a long absense to rag on the qb and the coach. Funny, he never posts after a lost.

Hey, wow, it's AJ Skins. Appearing after a long absense to rag on the qb and the coach. Funny, he never posts after a win.

Hey, wow, it's AJ Skins. Appearing after a long absense to rag on the qb and the coach. Funny, he never posts after a win.

Gibbs didn't get it done with Brunell. They struggled to put up points and move the ball that season. They were 5-6 until the O-line and CP stepped it up and went on a 5 game win streak. Brunell sucked! Gibbs play-calling still sucked! They would have lost to TB in the first round if it wasn't for LaVar getting an INT for a TD. They had no chance against Seattle with that piss poor play-calling.

Actually it was Taylor who ran back a fumble against TB.

We didn't lose to Seattle because of play calling. We lost because Brunell's knee was blown out and he couldn't step into his throws. He might as well have been playing on crutches. He could not complete a pass.

Actually it was Taylor who ran back a fumble against TB.

We didn't lose to Seattle because of play calling. We lost because Brunell's knee was blown out and he couldn't step into his throws. He might as well have been playing on crutches. He could not complete a pass.

A mature, playoff caliber QB does not turn the ball over four times in one game. And Gibbs has not failed as a coach. He's failed as a GM. Saunders is only an assistant--people looking to blame him are grasping at straws.

A mature, playoff caliber QB does not turn the ball over four times in one game. And Gibbs has not failed as a coach. He's failed as a GM. Saunders is only an assistant--people looking to blame him are grasping at straws.

The fact is outside a couple of games here and there, we have consistently struggled to score more than a measley 18 pts under Gibbs. Before Saunders and with Saunders and no matter the qb.

It's because we have not had a legitimate, NFL caliber starting QB since Brad Johnson.

The reason I rarely post anymore is because I've come to realize that even with Joe Gibbs coaching the team, the Redskins are never going to win consitently as long as Dan Snyder is the owner. It is ultimately ownership that makes the difference between a winning franchise and a losing one. The Redskins have

THE

WORST

OWNER

IN

PROFESSIONAL

SPORTS.

The fact is outside a couple of games here and there, we have consistently struggled to score more than a measley 18 pts under Gibbs. Before Saunders and with Saunders and no matter the qb.

It's because we have not had a legitimate, NFL caliber starting QB since Brad Johnson.

The reason I rarely post anymore is because I've come to realize that even with Joe Gibbs coaching the team, the Redskins are never going to win consitently as long as Dan Snyder is the owner. It is ultimately ownership that makes the difference between a winning franchise and a losing one. The Redskins have

THE

WORST

OWNER

IN

PROFESSIONAL

SPORTS.

THE

WORST

OWNER

IN

PROFESSIONAL

SPORTS.

Snyder is not dropping passes or missing tackles. He has spent the money (a lot more than most owners want to do) and since JG has arrived has pretty much stayed out of the way in managing the team. This game is on the entire team. End of story.

THE

WORST

OWNER

IN

PROFESSIONAL

SPORTS.

Snyder is not dropping passes or missing tackles. He has spent the money (a lot more than most owners want to do) and since JG has arrived has pretty much stayed out of the way in managing the team. This game is on the entire team. End of story.

You advocated a post before completely gutting the coaching (the defense is tops in the NFC) so you barely deserve a response.

We didn't have nearly as many weapons in 2005 and still had better production. Gibb's play calling fit the team he had, it's called adjusting to your situation. Something you absolutely do not see in the Saunder's system, which is why we keep getting owned in the 2nd half the last two years. Even last year, Gibbs forced Saunders to focus on the running game more, which is when we started to have success.

You advocated a post before completely gutting the coaching (the defense is tops in the NFC) so you barely deserve a response.

We didn't have nearly as many weapons in 2005 and still had better production. Gibb's play calling fit the team he had, it's called adjusting to your situation. Something you absolutely do not see in the Saunder's system, which is why we keep getting owned in the 2nd half the last two years. Even last year, Gibbs forced Saunders to focus on the running game more, which is when we started to have success.

Actually, most of those > 18 point games were when Gibbs was calling the plays in 2005.

Actually, most of those > 18 point games were when Gibbs was calling the plays in 2005.

It's pretty obvious that whoever is calling the plays, it is not working. A banged-up offensive line is no excuse. The same defensive scheme with no pressure on a future Hall of Fame quarterback. The only place I believed the Skins had a chance was summed up in my dreams on another thread. This was THE GAME to "show up" and the team did not including the coaching staff.

I did not expect a blow-out. I believed the Skins could hang in there.

It's pretty obvious that whoever is calling the plays, it is not working. A banged-up offensive line is no excuse. The same defensive scheme with no pressure on a future Hall of Fame quarterback. The only place I believed the Skins had a chance was summed up in my dreams on another thread. This was THE GAME to "show up" and the team did not including the coaching staff.

I did not expect a blow-out. I believed the Skins could hang in there.

Our OL is the problem, not Saunders. The QB has very little time and there are few to no holes for our RBs to run through. The Right side of the line was our strength for running the ball before all the injuries. Now we have become 1 dimensional and the O just is not fooling anybody.

Our OL is the problem, not Saunders. The QB has very little time and there are few to no holes for our RBs to run through. The Right side of the line was our strength for running the ball before all the injuries. Now we have become 1 dimensional and the O just is not fooling anybody.

Archived