Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is Saunders the problem?

earl

A mature, playoff caliber QB does not turn the ball over four times in one game. And Gibbs has not failed as a coach. He's failed as a GM. Saunders is only an assistant--people looking to blame him are grasping at straws.

I do generally agree with your perspective of Gibbs being a sub-standard GM. But I don't think you can jump on JC for the 4 turnovers since the offensive line can barely block anyone. The only turnover he "earned" today was the interception.

You made a post earlier about JC being an average quarterback. Right now, I think that's fairly close, but I think he's got potential, but realizing that potential is another thing entirely. The positive is that Gibbs has won 3 Super Bowls with average quarterbacks.

A mature, playoff caliber QB does not turn the ball over four times in one game. And Gibbs has not failed as a coach. He's failed as a GM. Saunders is only an assistant--people looking to blame him are grasping at straws.

I do generally agree with your perspective of Gibbs being a sub-standard GM. But I don't think you can jump on JC for the 4 turnovers since the offensive line can barely block anyone. The only turnover he "earned" today was the interception.

You made a post earlier about JC being an average quarterback. Right now, I think that's fairly close, but I think he's got potential, but realizing that potential is another thing entirely. The positive is that Gibbs has won 3 Super Bowls with average quarterbacks.

Snyder is not dropping passes or missing tackles. He has spent the money (a lot more than most owners want to do) and since JG has arrived has pretty much stayed out of the way in managing the team. This game is on the entire team. End of story.

An organization is built starting from the owner down. JKC hired Beathard, and Beathard hired Gibbs. They didn't always agree. Cooke broke the ties and set the tone for the entire franchise.

Look at what Snyder had done since he bought the team. He's blown it up and rebuilt it at least 3 times in about 8+ years. He's had five different head coaches. He does not know what he's doing, and everybody who works for him knows it. They do like his checks, though.

Snyder is not dropping passes or missing tackles. He has spent the money (a lot more than most owners want to do) and since JG has arrived has pretty much stayed out of the way in managing the team. This game is on the entire team. End of story.

An organization is built starting from the owner down. JKC hired Beathard, and Beathard hired Gibbs. They didn't always agree. Cooke broke the ties and set the tone for the entire franchise.

Look at what Snyder had done since he bought the team. He's blown it up and rebuilt it at least 3 times in about 8+ years. He's had five different head coaches. He does not know what he's doing, and everybody who works for him knows it. They do like his checks, though.

Our OL is the problem, not Saunders. The QB has very little time and there are few to no holes for our RBs to run through. The Right side of the line was our strength for running the ball before all the injuries. Now we have become 1 dimensional and the O just is not fooling anybody.

Was the OL the problem last year too? JC is a mobile quarterback, adjustments can be made to have him primarily roll to the left which should buy him enough time. Not surprisingly, yet another fairly vanilla adjustment isn't made under the Saunders system.

The summary of my position is that the guy is arrogant. I believe that he truly thinks he doesn't have to make adjustments to his system to make it work. That's why you keep seeing the same uneffective weak ass "trick" plays that don't work week after week.

Our OL is the problem, not Saunders. The QB has very little time and there are few to no holes for our RBs to run through. The Right side of the line was our strength for running the ball before all the injuries. Now we have become 1 dimensional and the O just is not fooling anybody.

Was the OL the problem last year too? JC is a mobile quarterback, adjustments can be made to have him primarily roll to the left which should buy him enough time. Not surprisingly, yet another fairly vanilla adjustment isn't made under the Saunders system.

The summary of my position is that the guy is arrogant. I believe that he truly thinks he doesn't have to make adjustments to his system to make it work. That's why you keep seeing the same uneffective weak ass "trick" plays that don't work week after week.

This talk about playcalling has got to stop you freakin' idiots.

It wasn't Saunders or Gibbs fumbling.

Nor was it them overthrowing the receivers.

We lose to arguably the best football team in the history of football, and you guys are calling for Saunders' head?

Quit trying to place blame.

Instead, be happy that we are 4-3 and are a solid football team.

Effin' complainers need to shut the F up.

And these threads have got to stop.

This talk about playcalling has got to stop you freakin' idiots.

It wasn't Saunders or Gibbs fumbling.

Nor was it them overthrowing the receivers.

We lose to arguably the best football team in the history of football, and you guys are calling for Saunders' head?

Quit trying to place blame.

Instead, be happy that we are 4-3 and are a solid football team.

Effin' complainers need to shut the F up.

And these threads have got to stop.

I'm going to get banned or flamed for this, but Gibb's is the problem...period

Yeah the Pats were a damn good team but I was expecting a better effort from out O. They tried a few new formations and a few trick plays, but it was piss poor.

Yeah the Pats were a damn good team but I was expecting a better effort from out O. They tried a few new formations and a few trick plays, but it was piss poor.

The problem is the blocking people. Period. We can't give Campbell enough time to throw or create any hole to run through. So we throw short to protect Campbell's health and maintain some confidence. Actually I think we are lucky to be where we are after the injuries to the "O" line.

The problem is the blocking people. Period. We can't give Campbell enough time to throw or create any hole to run through. So we throw short to protect Campbell's health and maintain some confidence. Actually I think we are lucky to be where we are after the injuries to the "O" line.

You shouldn't get banned for telling the truth. Gibbs is the problem and he called the plays today. To tell you the truth I'm hoping he calls it quits after this year. If it was any other coach he would have been gone by now.

You shouldn't get banned for telling the truth. Gibbs is the problem and he called the plays today. To tell you the truth I'm hoping he calls it quits after this year. If it was any other coach he would have been gone by now.

Jesus Christ.

It's been well established that Saunder's calls the plays 90% of the time. Where did you get that he was calling the plays? Do people like to make things up?

The guy took us to the playoffs just a few years ago after not being there for a very long time. Lets focus on the problem, which is the basis of this thread.

I'm glad today's game wasn't close so people could see Saunder's unconstrained offense at work, or lack of work.

The OL does hamper the team, but that can be mitigated through adjustments.

Jesus Christ.

It's been well established that Saunder's calls the plays 90% of the time. Where did you get that he was calling the plays? Do people like to make things up?

The guy took us to the playoffs just a few years ago after not being there for a very long time. Lets focus on the problem, which is the basis of this thread.

I'm glad today's game wasn't close so people could see Saunder's unconstrained offense at work, or lack of work.

The OL does hamper the team, but that can be mitigated through adjustments.

Obviously. Greg(g) lost a "G" today.

Oh come on.

2 of your top 3 corners aren't playing against the best offense in the league?

Have you ever seen #29 before? Yet that dude is on Randy Moss? You know you don't have a chance when some guy on your team that you've never seen before is matched up against Randy Moss in the endzone.

Also, with an offense that did exactly ziltch today, so the defense is on the field for the entire game, except maybe halftime, you're not going to have a good defensive performance. You're just not.

Archived