Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was AZ kicker offsides on on-sides kick?

nicholas

We did get the W right? Who cares? I'm just upset about the taunting penalty on London and personal foul on Rogers when Neil Rackers was clearly the instigator and should have received the penalty alone.

Why do people feel the need to ask "who cares?" Who on this board doesn't know we already won? The guy had a legit question. Either offer an opinion on the topic or read and respond to something else. There are a lot of topics on this board. Finding something you do care about should be easy.

We did get the W right? Who cares? I'm just upset about the taunting penalty on London and personal foul on Rogers when Neil Rackers was clearly the instigator and should have received the penalty alone.

Why do people feel the need to ask "who cares?" Who on this board doesn't know we already won? The guy had a legit question. Either offer an opinion on the topic or read and respond to something else. There are a lot of topics on this board. Finding something you do care about should be easy.

The rules for the punter is that the kicker may be beyond the line, but his kicking foot may not be. I would assume the rule would obviously apply also to the place kicker. No offsides.
When does a punter even come close to the line of scrimmage when punting, other than a fake?

The rules for the punter is that the kicker may be beyond the line, but his kicking foot may not be. I would assume the rule would obviously apply also to the place kicker. No offsides.
When does a punter even come close to the line of scrimmage when punting, other than a fake?

Thanks da#1... that's why I have so few posts here.... way quick to hate. Just what I thought was a decent question someone here on ES may have some insight on....

HTTR!

QFT on the way quick to hate part. Seems there are too many that prefer to attack the poster than answer a question. I guess it gets them a +1 towards that post count AND makes them feel better in some way.

Maybe those people just need to put +1 in their reply and move on.

Thanks da#1... that's why I have so few posts here.... way quick to hate. Just what I thought was a decent question someone here on ES may have some insight on....

HTTR!

QFT on the way quick to hate part. Seems there are too many that prefer to attack the poster than answer a question. I guess it gets them a +1 towards that post count AND makes them feel better in some way.

Maybe those people just need to put +1 in their reply and move on.

Well, I do understand the "who cares" sentiment. As a normal fan, we would root for our team to win, hope they always win, and be happy when they do win. Those are what I would call the simplest terms for being a fan of a team, as we don't have direct control of what happens to the Skins, and as much as we talk and discuss, nothing really necessarily changes for the team.

That doesn't change the fact that a lot of us do like to discuss, and in some cases just want to kind of undestand things better (which is our prerogative).

But I guess I do understand why someone would be confused why others care about anything beyond us getting a win. I'm not sure what content there'd be in the Stadium though, beyond, "YAY WE WON" threads though.

Well, I do understand the "who cares" sentiment. As a normal fan, we would root for our team to win, hope they always win, and be happy when they do win. Those are what I would call the simplest terms for being a fan of a team, as we don't have direct control of what happens to the Skins, and as much as we talk and discuss, nothing really necessarily changes for the team.

That doesn't change the fact that a lot of us do like to discuss, and in some cases just want to kind of undestand things better (which is our prerogative).

But I guess I do understand why someone would be confused why others care about anything beyond us getting a win. I'm not sure what content there'd be in the Stadium though, beyond, "YAY WE WON" threads though.

I was at the game Sunday, so I didn't get teh luxury of replays. To me it looked like the kicker stepped just in front of the ball with his plant foot and then kicked straight down on the ball with the kicking foot (and the ball then went off of his plant foot). If so isn't he offsides? Or an illegal touch (with the plant foot) before 10 yards? Can anyone out there isolate this play and post the video?

Who the F cares? We won. Come on, let's get ready for NE already! :doh:

I was at the game Sunday, so I didn't get teh luxury of replays. To me it looked like the kicker stepped just in front of the ball with his plant foot and then kicked straight down on the ball with the kicking foot (and the ball then went off of his plant foot). If so isn't he offsides? Or an illegal touch (with the plant foot) before 10 yards? Can anyone out there isolate this play and post the video?

Who the F cares? We won. Come on, let's get ready for NE already! :doh:

His plant foot was, but I've never thought about a kicker being signaled.

His plant foot was, but I've never thought about a kicker being signaled.

It was legal. They got and should have won. We should be 3-3 right now.

Dude, go away.

1) They should have never got possession, because Sellers stripped the ball from Urban before he was down. Fox decided on the most important play of the game they were only going to have one camera covering it, and therefore the replay showed diddly squat. However anyone with common sense could see he had the ball before Urban was down.

2a) If they "should have won," they would have been good enough to get into better field position for an easier kick. Instead, our defense held them out of reasonable field goal range, and he shanked a 55-yarder.

2b) Alternate explanation: they don't run some bozo 2-pt conversion play and stick with what had been working all day, and actually convert. Instead they get limp-wrist Boldin to shot put the ball right to Landry, and they are forced to attempt the onsides kick.

It was legal. They got and should have won. We should be 3-3 right now.

Dude, go away.

1) They should have never got possession, because Sellers stripped the ball from Urban before he was down. Fox decided on the most important play of the game they were only going to have one camera covering it, and therefore the replay showed diddly squat. However anyone with common sense could see he had the ball before Urban was down.

2a) If they "should have won," they would have been good enough to get into better field position for an easier kick. Instead, our defense held them out of reasonable field goal range, and he shanked a 55-yarder.

2b) Alternate explanation: they don't run some bozo 2-pt conversion play and stick with what had been working all day, and actually convert. Instead they get limp-wrist Boldin to shot put the ball right to Landry, and they are forced to attempt the onsides kick.

How can a place kicker have his kicking foot offsides if it hits the ball? A punter can try to evade defenders and still try and kick it near or at the line of scrimmage. You never see it done (cause he'll usually just run it), but I guess the rule was in there in case one tries it anyway.

How can a place kicker have his kicking foot offsides if it hits the ball? A punter can try to evade defenders and still try and kick it near or at the line of scrimmage. You never see it done (cause he'll usually just run it), but I guess the rule was in there in case one tries it anyway.

Archived