Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Monday Morning this morning

DeeNJeff01

I had to call in to ESPN Radio this morning because Kevin Sheann said that the Redskins need to treat this coming weeks game like a preseason one. I think not. I am tired of hearing about the Patriots,...Yes they are good, yes they are undefeated, but they are not Gods they are not super heros. We have just as good of a chance as anyone to beat them. Maybe we won't but Kevin basically said that we should "lay down' on Sunday. No I say show up, and FIGHT like you really want it.

What would happen to the reporters that have placed the Patriots up on a pedastal if the Redskins did beat them.

I know it would be hard and very difficult...But I just keep saying...."Any given Sunday in the NFL.."

Thanks, just my thoughts.

Dee:logo:

by treat it like a preseason game I don't think he meant "lay down" .. I think it's more about "go out there and try some stuff and see if it works"

Thanks for the clarification and I apologize if my words were miscontrued. I did not mean laying down as in "defeat," but as in the offense changing it's philosophy as far as personel wise.

This morning, Kevin Sheann said that the Redskins should set people out of the Pats game. NOT. The Redskins are professional players. and let me add they are winning (no matter how it comes). Last year, we would have been in the same position that the cardinals were in and that is the truth. I mean I just hate that he thinks we should sit many of the starters...

What a crock of @&!%.

I am nervous about the game. But i hope that they do show up and Play to win or at least try.

This morning, Kevin Sheann said that the Redskins should set people out of the Pats game. NOT. The Redskins are professional players. and let me add they are winning (no matter how it comes). Last year, we would have been in the same position that the cardinals were in and that is the truth. I mean I just hate that he thinks we should sit many of the starters...

What a crock of @&!%.

I am nervous about the game. But i hope that they do show up and Play to win or at least try.

What do we play for?

You PLAY to WIN the GAME.

I had to call in to ESPN Radio this morning because Kevin Sheann said that the Redskins need to treat this coming weeks game like a preseason one. I think not. I am tired of hearing about the Patriots,...Yes they are good, yes they are undefeated, but they are not Gods they are not super heros. We have just as good of a chance as anyone to beat them. Maybe we won't but Kevin basically said that we should "lay down' on Sunday. No I say show up, and FIGHT like you really want it.

What would happen to the reporters that have placed the Patriots up on a pedastal if the Redskins did beat them.

I know it would be hard and very difficult...But I just keep saying...."Any given Sunday in the NFL.."

Thanks, just my thoughts.

Dee:logo:

i heard you this morning. good call, sheann is a moron. but lets get real, the patriots are better than us in every facet of the game including coaching. and its in foxboro and were banged up as hell. true "any given sunday", but being a realist about it, the skins are definitely the big time underdog.

Our Redskins struggle to put 21 points on the board every game, with the exception of the lions game. Do you think 14,17 21 or even 28 points will be enough to beat the patriots. Probably not! So I dont see us shocking Kevin Sheehan and the rest of the world on Sunday by any means. I hope and pray for a win but have little faith with the way our offense has played. The offense couldnt sustain drives at all and especially when we needed it the most yesterday, how do you think they will fair against a tougher Pats D.

There is only one time you rest starters and we all know when that is. This is not it.

You never know. Balls can be tipped and fumbled at anytime.

The New England running game is nothing to be feared and they appear to have to blitz LB's and DB's to get pressure on an opposing QB. Too many crazy things can happen in this league to just award a game to a team.

I am pretty sure he was half-joking when he said this. I believed we had a real chance to beat the Patriots but that has definitely been tempered some since there are just soooo many injuries up front that I don't see we can possibly overcome them. I really hope I am wrong though.

Archived