Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Gangster

EvoSkins

Did they ever convict any of the military personnel who were involved in the drug trafficking? They did not follow up on that at the end of the movie when they were listing what happened to all of the main characters.

The one main contact was convicted and sentenced to something like 50 years.

I don't know if they ever linked anyone else closely enough to it. It was varying personnel over years, so only that one main Thailand contact was into it enough to have any evidence on him.

Meh...it was alright...too long for my liking really.

I'm a huge fan of gangster movies, and this did nothing for me.

The previews showed the majority of all the action scenes. I thought it'd be like that 2 1/2 hours.

Action? I don't know. It seems like you're looking for something else.

Unlike some, I'm not a fan of Scarface at all. I mean, it has its moments but I find it a touch yawn-inducing and it has nothing to do with 'action.'

Film is about way more than that and American Gangster, while flawed, delivered enough for me not to notice the running time as much. The beginning set up was a story by itself, so it helped to break up the longer term story arc.

I also liked the fact they showed the unraveling of the social fabric due partly to Lucas' (and others) drug distribution. Most films will only show you the violence and evil when it comes to the rivals but not the innocents (and unsuspecting users.)

I also liked the fact they showed the unraveling of the social fabric due partly to Lucas' (and others) drug distribution. Most films will only show you the violence and evil when it comes to the rivals but not the innocents (and unsuspecting users.)
Excellent point. That montage scene on Thanksgiving with the junkies shooting up, all building up to the dead mother and her crying baby was very powerful.

Action? I don't know. It seems like you're looking for something else.

Unlike some, I'm not a fan of Scarface at all. I mean, it has its moments but I find it a touch yawn-inducing and it has nothing to do with 'action.'

Film is about way more than that and American Gangster, while flawed, delivered enough for me not to notice the running time as much. The beginning set up was a story by itself, so it helped to break up the longer term story arc.

It was a vague way of me saying I was TOTALLY uninterested in the sideplot of the cop's life. Totally uninterested in listening to him in court for issues not relevant to Lucas.

Usually in movies of that genre, the focus is on the life of the criminal, not the cops chasing him. I wouldn't have even had an issue with that subplot, if it bore some relevance to the main plot.

Maybe knowing the plot is Hollywood altered tainted me...I found his actual BET profile more entertaining than the movie. I think it would've been better if Fuqua directed it....

Archived