Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday's Injury Report & Transcripts: Williams, Portis

TK

I don't like Portis' comments about not being here long term. I love the guy.

Well there is much truth to what he said. If the team isn't successful, changes will be made. We all know that includes the situation at RB. If we're successful, it's a different story, and I think we'll be successful this year.

"I really am. I went back and I checked and my fumbles are coming from, me having the ball, I’m protecting the ball, it’s not like I have the ball away from my body, but instead of having the ball high and tight like I normally carry, on both of my fumbles the ball is down here. So, how it’s coming out, they’re getting their head directly on the ball. The defenders made two good plays, but for myself I know I can’t fumble. I don’t want to get in the habit of being worried about fumbling and thinking I’m going to fumble, because I know I protect the ball as well as anyone in the NFL. But, for myself, I know what I have to correct and I just have to get the ball high and tight." [/Quote]

Thanks for the info TK. I don't know if I agree w/the above statement from Portis about his fumbling. I've seen him carry the ball out in front of him w/both hands like it's a bomb or something, then tuck when getting tackled. Did he do that before? I don't remember seeing this before this year..but of course I didn't pay that much attention as he wasn't the one who had the dropsies w/the ball. Just curious. And I find that statement that I've reddened above hilarious for some reason. It just sounds funny.:laugh:

I don't like Portis' comments about not being here long term. I love the guy.

Given what he's been thru the last couple of years with injuries, etc., maybe he's just being realistic about his long term chances of playing at all. The guy plays like he's 250 lbs., but his frame won't take it forever. That said, I hope he recovers and racks up another 1500 yds. this year...and next...and the next.

Archived