Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it just me...or have the puke fans realized...

tr1

Against the pass, we are 5th, NE is 4th

Against thr run, we are 7th, NE is 5th

Against receiving, we are 5th, NE is 6th

Sacks? We have 15, NE has 16

PA? We are 3rd, NE is 9th

Against TD's, we are tied for 2nd. NE is 12th.

While I personally think we are a better D as we have faced the #1 and #2 passing teams in the league, its pretty damn close. To laugh it off is laughable. Kind of like Dallas's defense... laughable... and exposed.

Good points, Passizle.

The quality of opponents the Pats have faced is not as good as what we've faced.

They've faced 6 bad teams.

;)

I saw bits and pieces of the Patriots game against the Browns. That game was closer than the score would indicate. The Browns defense is not very good but they hung tough. We have a far better defense than the Browns. I think the defense will hold their own but they are going to need a lot of help from their offense and that is what concerns me going in to that game.

Talk abouy homers....The skins will not beat the Pats, they can not score enough points to keep up with them

But I can tell you that the Pats will not score over 30+ on us. We, unlike your Defensive backfield have depth back there. Brady had all of your DB's out of position the whole game.

...yea I know you put 30 something on the lions....but the loins are not the pats....

We never said that, but to stop the then #1 passing offense and hold them to under 120 yards passing(144 total) speaks a lot.

And when the season is all said and done I feel the colts will beat the pats again anyway to get to the superbowl.....Who is the best team in the NFC....who really knows...there will be several teams clustered together come the last 2-3 games fighting for the spots for post season play.....Way to much can and will happen between now and then...Everyone can talk stats and who has the better D or O but all that really counts in the win/loss record and as of right now Dallas and Greenbay has the edge ...In a few weeks that could or could not be different.....everything else is just pure homerism talk...

One week at a time is how you play the game......Dallas has to get by the Vikings and AP

The Skins have the Cards...and who ever the Cards can find from the local car wash to play QB this weekend

No, the Pats will be there this year. They will beat the Colts in the AFC Championship game. But the thing is that for your 1st 5 games, you weren't tested until the Bills exposed Romo sits to pee. But I think it's safe to say that 3 NFC East teams will be there, with GB and possibly AZ. It's not about being a homer, but let's face some simple facts, your defense was exposed, and seriously, NE defense is pretty old at LB'ers and safety. So I think we have a shot of beating NE in two weeks.

not as big as the one when you said the Skins Def is better then then NE's Def....

They shut down SD (15th) Dallas (2nd) Cincy (4th) and Cleveland (8th) all rankings are current off rankings. Yes the Skins did put it on Det and GB, but those two teams are currently 13th and 14th and niether Off is as good as Dallas, SD, Cincy and Cleveland.

What about what their offenses were ranked at the time they played the game?

Good points, Passizle.

The quality of opponents the Pats have faced is not as good as what we've faced.

They've faced 6 bad teams.

;)

Seriously. I could not understand what all the hype was about the "5-0 juggernauts". 5-0 is tough to get in the NFL. that is granted, But noone wanted to look at the quality of the opponents.

It like boxing today. you never hear of the heavyweight bouts anymore. Why? Becuase they beat up a bunch of chumps and glass joes to get their "excellent" rankings. none of them are real champs. Just paper ones.

I knew the Cowboys would fail once they faced adversity. they almost choked a gimmie game against Buffalo. they did choke against NE. I have a feeling that the locker room is very frustrated and not focused. They are are still wondering if they deserved all the hype. now is there chance to prove it... but I think Minny is going to crush them. They have the #1 run D and already have 7 INT's on the year. They are a stingy and oppurtunistic defense and I think Dallas is going to overlook them.

As for NE. I dont think they are as good as the record suggest either. I hope Miami lays the smack down on them this week. I have always said... Brady is a good QB, unless you get his jersey dirty. He dont like dirty jerseys and does not play well in them.

Do you even watch Skin games?... There are few teams that go downfield as often as the Skins, and we have more 40+ yard plays.. not because of YAC.. in fact YAC is a problem for us

again DO YOU EVEN WATCH THE SKINS???

The Skins don't just play back and hope the team only throws deep... that is just stupid, in fact NO team has tested the Skins deep except the Packers so far, and you saw how that worked out (and spare me the Favre is not Brady BS...he is still one of the best QB ever)... The Lions threw underneath all day... and while you say the Pats aren't the Lions or Packers... you fail to mention at the time they played the Skins they both were ranked number one in Passing, ahead of the Pats

I am not saying the Skins will beat the Pats, but I am saying we have a small chance to do it, if the team plays a great game.. they have the talent, and the speed to win

Yeah, they only are tied with your awesome DL with 15 sacks a piece.. playing one fewer game, beside the Skin defense takes away the quick strike option forcing QB to take longer to release the ball, allowing time to for the pressure to get to the QB.......... Brady is human and has had bad games before against good pass defenses and has had game where he has thrown multi INT. including his last game against the Skins.

Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't mean it can't happen.

Can the they Skins beat the Pats... yes... will they :whoknows: slim chance... but a chance

I've watched every Skins game bubba.

You rank 22nd in the NFL in Pass Plays of 25+ yards... I'd say that's a little more than a "few" teams that throw deep more than the Skins. Nice job of using the 1 stat that made your case for you.. too bad it doesn't really show that your statement is true when you consider all of the other stats.

18th on passes of 20+ yards

22nd on passes of 25+ yards

Tied for 5th in 40+ yard passes.. with a grand total of 4... nearly half of all NFL teams have at least 3 passes of 40+ yards... WOW, you guys are really way ahead of everyone in that one.

So, NO, you don't throw the ball deep very often.

You've got 15 sacks on the season... but almost half of those (6) came against the most sacked team in the NFL by a long shot.

BTW, sacks don't mean CONSISTENT PRESSURE. Can you sit here and honestly tell me that your FRONT FOUR has provided CONSISTENT PRESSURE in your games?

Against the Lions.. your secondary was allowing the underneath passes and playing deep... the Lions just never really took advantage of it. Typical Mike Martz. Brett Favre completed only 1 pass of less than 7 yards in the first half... after he threw the INT to start the 3rd quarter... they had their best drive when he was taking the shorter passes and they moved the ball down the field.

Your secondary is good... but the Patriots offense is on another level than the Lions and Packers.

I'm not saying that you CAN'T beat them.. but its going to take some poor play on the Patriots part and some outstanding play on the Redskins part. I also wouldn't count on the Patriots overlooking ANYONE.

I just think Bill Belichek will confuse the hell out of JC with disguised coverages and blitzes. He will take away Chris Cooley and that could turn into a real big problem for JC. :2cents:

You rank 22nd in the NFL in Pass Plays of 25+ yards... I'd say that's a little more than a "few" teams that throw deep more than the Skins. Nice job of using the 1 stat that made your case for you.. too bad it doesn't really show that your statement is true when you consider all of the other stats.

Tied for 5th in 40+ yard passes.. with a grand total of 4... nearly half of all NFL teams have at least 3 passes of 40+ yards... WOW, you guys are really way ahead of everyone in that one.

Your stats reflect completed passes, not attempts. With the number of drops we've had, its no surprise we rank that low. However, attempts at those distances are probably much higher than many of the teams ranked above the skins.

You've got 15 sacks on the season... but almost half of those (6) came against the most sacked team in the NFL by a long shot.

BTW, sacks don't mean CONSISTENT PRESSURE. Can you sit here and honestly tell me that your FRONT FOUR has provided CONSISTENT PRESSURE in your games?

Could it be that they are on of the most sacked teams in the NFL in part because of our sacks? The only other team to put monster sacks on them was Philly, and they put a lot. Take those two games away, and they might not even be top 5 (don't have the stats up in front of me). The difference is definitely small if they are.

Against the Lions.. your secondary was allowing the underneath passes and playing deep... the Lions just never really took advantage of it. Typical Mike Martz. Brett Favre completed only 1 pass of less than 7 yards in the first half... after he threw the INT to start the 3rd quarter... they had their best drive when he was taking the shorter passes and they moved the ball down the field.

Your secondary is good... but the Patriots offense is on another level than the Lions and Packers.

I'm not saying that you CAN'T beat them.. but its going to take some poor play on the Patriots part and some outstanding play on the Redskins part. I also wouldn't count on the Patriots overlooking ANYONE.

I just think Bill Belichek will confuse the hell out of JC with disguised coverages and blitzes. He will take away Chris Cooley and that could turn into a real big problem for JC. :2cents:

I think if the Pats play a perfect game, no one stands a chance. All we can do is concentrate on playing a perfect game ourselves and hope there are mistakes to capitalize on.

I must be the only person on the face of the planet that realises that that loss to the Patriots was not nearly as lopsided as the scored indicates

While I'm not intending to talk trash, yes, you are the only person. The Pats had two more TD's taken off the board. I think one or both of those drives eventually converted to field goals. Anyway, it should've been over 50 easily.

Your stats reflect completed passes, not attempts. With the number of drops we've had, its no surprise we rank that low. However, attempts at those distances are probably much higher than many of the teams ranked above the skins.

If you know where to find those stats.. it would certainly complete the discussion.

(back to another point made by bubba)

As far as the YAC, Campbell is listed as having 506 YAC... but only has 1086 yards passing. Basically, he's thrown the ball in the air 580 yards and his recievers have ran for 506 yards. Nearly half of his passing yards are YAC.

I'd say that's some pretty good YAC. In fact, on average, he's among the top of the league in YAC.

That's not a terrible thing, good YAC means he's getting his recievers the ball where they can run after the catch... but when you look at his lower yards per attempt and yards per completion than some of the other guys with good YAC.. it just shows that he's not completing the ball down the field, but rather throwing shorter, dump off passes.

Could it be that they are on of the most sacked teams in the NFL in part because of our sacks? The only other team to put monster sacks on them was Philly, and they put a lot. Take those two games away, and they might not even be top 5 (don't have the stats up in front of me). The difference is definitely small if they are.

I was basing my point over last season and this season. Mike Martz hangs his QB out to dry because he depends entirely on the OLine to provide protection AND he runs deep routes.. so they are much easier to sack than other teams.

The majority of teams the Cowboys have played have taken a lot of quick drops and quick passes. The Giants did it a lot, Rams, Bills, Dolphins all ran a lot of plays with 3 step drops or out of the shotgun with quick passes.

Seriously. I could not understand what all the hype was about the "5-0 juggernauts". 5-0 is tough to get in the NFL. that is granted, But noone wanted to look at the quality of the opponents.

It like boxing today. you never hear of the heavyweight bouts anymore. Why? Becuase they beat up a bunch of chumps and glass joes to get their "excellent" rankings. none of them are real champs. Just paper ones.

I knew the Cowboys would fail once they faced adversity. they almost choked a gimmie game against Buffalo. they did choke against NE. I have a feeling that the locker room is very frustrated and not focused. They are are still wondering if they deserved all the hype. now is there chance to prove it... but I think Minny is going to crush them. They have the #1 run D and already have 7 INT's on the year. They are a stingy and oppurtunistic defense and I think Dallas is going to overlook them.

As for NE. I dont think they are as good as the record suggest either. I hope Miami lays the smack down on them this week. I have always said... Brady is a good QB, unless you get his jersey dirty. He dont like dirty jerseys and does not play well in them.

I'd love to know your definition of choke. I doubt getting beat by the consensus #1 team in the NFL (even at home) would be considered a choke by many people other than you. If the Boys were up late in the 4th and gave the game away with turnovers, penalties, etc you could say they choked but that didn't happen.

Are you seriously trying to put forward the Vikings have a good pass D because they have 7 INTs? If that is the case than the cowboys must have the best pass D since they lead the entire league in INTs.

BY YOUR RESPONSES , NO YOU DON'T

or your poke colored glasses blinds you from reality :laugh:

you do know the difference between Thrown and Caught right?, (also we have played one fewer game than most of the NFL because of the week 3 bye)

against GB We had two 30+ pass plays that were DROPPED... Campbell goes deep and goes deep more often than most teams,

also your "stats" doesn't seperate pass plays that are mostly YAC, or actual downfield throws... if we had better YAC, our stats would be better there

but again, you completely ignored the point

you really are stretching it aren't you :laugh:

15 Sacks in 5 games, 6 in one, still got 9 in the remaining 4, more than 2 a game

you're right sacks do not always equal pressure, BUT the Skins haven't been blitzing, and are still getting the sacks, many times rushing only three (dropping a DL in coverage)... and if you have watched Redskin games you would see the stats pop up showing how many times the Skin hurried the QB, Hit the QB, forced the QB out of the pocket... you know pressure... BTW the past two games the Skins have blitzed 1 time.... meaning the front four are appling pressure

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

geez you are scared, and love stretching the truth

the Lions Kitna was 16-29 for 106 yards... throwing underneath is what the Skins wanted the Lions to do, and tackled them on the spot, They COULDN'T take advantage of it... and please don't try to tell me their WR aren't any godd, blah blah blah... Mike Furry lead the NFL last season in catches, Roy Williams considered on of the best io the NFL, Calvin Johnson top rookie etc...

as I said the Skins have the depth and the speed to cover any WR package thrown at them, as they did with the Lions and Packers... again both were the #1 pass offense in the NFL before playing the Skins... ranked higher than the Pats

and Greenbay...

Favre had like 10 incomplete passes in the first half :laugh:

oh I don't know where you came up with your not less than 7 yard crap, from the game log in the first half

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29274&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG6

2-17-GB 24 (12:44) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 86-D.Lee to GB 25 for 1 yard (24-S.Springs, 20-P.Prioleau).

3-10-GB 20 (5:47) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 85-G.Jennings to GB 26 for 6 yards (52-R.McIntosh).

1-10-GB 20 (1:07) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 85-G.Jennings to GB 26 for 6 yards (52-R.McIntosh).

2-4-GB 26 (:49) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 34-V.Morency to GB 30 for 4 yards (27-F.Smoot).

there are 4 completions in the first half under 7 yards

for the game Favre had 188 yards passing, 60 came of the one play where Rogers made a bad tackle attempt, so his stats the rest of the game

18-36 128 yards zero TD and 2 int....

and despite his performance Sunday his is still ranked #2 passer in the NFL

keep telling yourself that the Skins defense can't get it done... your mistake is thinking the Pokes are better than they really are, and your homerism can't accept the notion the Skins d maybe better than yours... but the fact is every team we have played that the pokes have played we held them to fewer points, and many fewer yards, and the level of competetion of the other teams exceed that of what the Pokes played in the first 5 games

you are just trying like hell to spin the truth to say the Skins can't beat the Pats, but your aren't SAYING they can't :thumbsup:

contrary to popular belief the Pats are human, and the Pats do lose games from time to time.... and while poor play by the pats is welcomed, don't believe for one second that the Skins defense can't create some of those poor plays.. if they occur

I don't mind you under evaluating Campbell's abilities, but remember this... Gibbs played against Belichik defenses during his Giant days, Williams has played against Belichick many times over the years, especially when he coached Buffalo, and Saunders also has faced Belichick defense over the years as well.... they know him and his game probably better than any staff in the NFL, and Campbell will be well prepared going into that game.... I don't expect JC to have a career game in any right that day, but I think he is smart enough to avoid making the stupid play, and if he hits a few passes , and the Skins can run the ball controlling the clock they have a shot... a better shot than you want to believe

I'd love to know your definition of choke. I doubt getting beat by the consensus #1 team in the NFL (even at home) would be considered a choke by many people other than you. If the Boys were up late in the 4th and gave the game away with turnovers, penalties, etc you could say they choked but that didn't happen.

Are you seriously trying to put forward the Vikings have a good pass D because they have 7 INTs? If that is the case than the cowboys must have the best pass D since they lead the entire league in INTs.

Dont speculate. They have a bad pass D, but one that is oppurtunistic. In other words, if Romo sits to pee gets sloppy with the ball, he could be looking at another high INT game.

And why exactly would Dallas be overlooking Minnesota? We're facing BYE next week... that's a real tough opponent that will cause you to overlook your current opponent.

Overlook, by making dumbass statement in the media like has been posted all week long. Obviously that loss stung them bad and they are hanging on that loss.

Other teams let it go and move on to the next week. Dallas is "overlooking" by concentrating on their fictitious SB game where they will meet the Pats again.

Newsflash! There is still alot of football left in the season. Dont be talking stupid junk because you are mad that you got your ass handed to you in a gift box.

I would call that NOT focusing on next week against Minny.

BY YOUR RESPONSES , NO YOU DON'T

or your poke colored glasses blinds you from reality :laugh:

you do know the difference between Thrown and caught right?, (also we have played one fewer game than most of the NFL because of the week 3 bye)

against GB We had two 30+ pass plays that were DROPPED... Campbell goes deep and goes deep more often than most teams,

also your "stats" doesn't seperate pass plays that are mostly YAC, or actual downfield throws... if we had better YAC, our stats would be better there

but again, you completely ignored the point

you really are stretching it aren't you :laugh:

15 Sacks in 5 games, 6 in one, still got 9 in the remaining 4, more than 2 a game

you're right sacks are not always equal pressure, BUT the Skins haven't been blitzing, and are still getting the sacks, many times rushing only three (dropping a DL in coverage)... and if you have watched Redskin games you would see the stats pop up showing how many times the Skin hurried the QB, Hit the QB, forced the QB out of the pocket... you know pressure... BTW the past two games the Skins have blitzed 1 time.... meaning the front four are appling pressure

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

geez you are scared, and love stretching the truth

the Lions Kitna was 16-29 for 106 yards... throwing underneath is what the Skins wanted the Lions to do, and tackled them on the spot, They COULDN'T take advantage of it... and please don't try to tell me their WR aren't any godd, blah blah blah... Mike Furry lead the NFL last season in catches, Roy Williams considered on of the best io the NFL, Calvin Johnson top rookie etc...

as I said the Skins have the depth and the speed to cover any WR package thrown at them, as they did with the Lions and Packers... again both were the #1 pass offense in the NFL before playing the Skins... ranked higher than the Pats

and Greenbay...

Favre had like 10 incomplete passes in the first half :laugh:

oh I don't know where you came up with your not less than 7 yard crap, from the game log in the first half

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29274&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG6

2-17-GB 24 (12:44) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 86-D.Lee to GB 25 for 1 yard (24-S.Springs, 20-P.Prioleau).

3-10-GB 20 (5:47) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 85-G.Jennings to GB 26 for 6 yards (52-R.McIntosh).

1-10-GB 20 (1:07) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 85-G.Jennings to GB 26 for 6 yards (52-R.McIntosh).

2-4-GB 26 (:49) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 34-V.Morency to GB 30 for 4 yards (27-F.Smoot).

there are 4 completions in the first half under 7 yards

for the game Favre had 188 yards passing, 60 came of the one play where Rogers made a bad tackle attempt, so his stats the rest of the game

18-36 128 yards zero TD and 2 int....

and despite his performance Sunday his is still ranked #2 passer in the NFL

keep telling yourself that the Skins defense can't get it done... your mistake is thinking the Pokes are better than they really are, and your homerism can't accept the notion the Skins d maybe better than yours... but the fact is every team we have played that the pokes have played we held them to fewer points, and many fewer yards, and the level of competetion of the other teams exceed that of what the Pokes played in the first 5 games

you are just trying like hell to spin the truth to say the Skins can't beat the Pats, but your aren't SAYING they can't :thumbsup:

contrary to popular belief the Pats are human, and the Pats do lose games from time to time.... and while poor play by the pats is welcomed, don't believe for one second that the Skins defense can't create some of those poor plays.. if they occur

I don't mind you under evaluating Campbell's abilities, but remember this... Gibbs played against Belichik defenses during his Giant days, Williams has played against Belichick many times over the years, especially when he coached Buffalo, and Saunders also has faced Belichick defense over the years as well.... they know him and his game probably better than any staff in the NFL, and Campbell will be well prepared going into that game.... I don't expect JC to have a career game in any right that day, but I think he is smart enough to avoid making the stupid play, and if he hits a few passes , and the Skins can run the ball controlling the clock they have a shot... a better shot than you want to believe

I skimmed through the play by play... my mistake on overlooking a couple of the passes by Favre.

Scared? Of what? A good defense and a poor offense? I've been saying it since offseason, your offense will be the biggest problem for your defense.. and it still stands true. Your team has lost games because your offense can't move the ball consistently and score... but most of you Skins fans are still waiting for your offense to "get it in gear" or whatever.

I NEVER said the skins defense can't get it done.. I'm simply making the point that the Patriots offense is on a higher level than that of the Lions and Packers. You keep fooling yourself into thinking that the Lions and Packers are equivalent to the Patriots.

Yeah bubba... that's EXACTLY what I was saying. Your secondary was playing deep coverage, forcing the Lions to take the short stuff... but they DIDN'T do that.

I'm not saying the Skins CAN'T beat the Patriots. Anything is possible.. I just think its going to be much more difficult than many here think. I don't think you'll get pressure on Brady. I do think the Pats will be able to score on you. I don't think your offense will be able to score enough to keep up. I DON'T THINK that the Skins will beat the Patriots... but there is a very slight possibility.

Overlook, by making dumbass statement in the media like has been posted all week long. Obviously that loss stung them bad and they are hanging on that loss.

Other teams let it go and move on to the next week. Dallas is "overlooking" by concentrating on their fictitious SB game where they will meet the Pats again.

Newsflash! There is still alot of football left in the season. Dont be talking stupid junk because you are mad that you got your ass handed to you in a gift box.

I would call that NOT focusing on next week against Minny.

That was one player that made statements during one interview..... :rolleyes:

also your "stats" doesn't seperate pass plays that are mostly YAC, or actual downfield throws...

Here's a little reference on how far QBs are throwing the ball downfield. These numbers are total yds- YAC/#comp = avg distance pass is thrown downfield. This can give you a flavor for where JC stacks up in throwing the ball downfield.

Romo sits to pee-8.5yds (likely the highest in the league) I guess he still carries the title of Mr Dinkanddunk?:laugh:

Peyton- 8.0 yds

Brady-7.0yds

JC-6.6yds

Eli-6.2yds

Mcnabb-7.0yds

Farve-4.7 (the true King of Dink and Dunk)

Dont speculate. They have a bad pass D, but one that is oppurtunistic. In other words, if Romo sits to pee gets sloppy with the ball, he could be looking at another high INT game.

No problem. I won't speculate you think the Vikes have a good pass D, if you don't imply it.

Between Romo sits to pee and Jackson, I would bet Jackson is the one more likely to have a high INT game. Jackson ranks #31 in % of passes INT, has yet to be put in a situation where he had to pass to play catchup, and 2 games ago had a 4 INT game of his own.

I expect the Cowboys to pass on the Vikes and break routine and score early in this game. Jackson has a hard enough time completing passes to his own players when teams are focusing on the run. Put him in a situation where he has to pass and the "opportunistic" cowboy pass D (since they have more INT I speculated it was ok to call them opportunistic too) very well may be padding their league leading INT total.

Archived