Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it just me...or have the puke fans realized...

tr1

call me a homer if you want but I believe our D is better too. We shut down the top 2 Offenses in the NFC 2 weeks in a row and we are getting turnovers/sacks/the YAC is low and we are just swarming everywhere.

You can think that was the tuffest game you faced but you havent even played us once yet.

Maybe I'm just bitter after the loss but I don't think New England's defense is anything special. It's good, no doubt, but it isn't great. Wouldn't suprise me a bit if the Skins defense gave us more trouble than New England's.

:nono: not even good spin

Unlike Poke fans "most" skin fans in this thread or on the board in general have even hinted the Skins will beat the Pats, and NO one has said they would blow them out... but hey why let facts stop you from trying to change the fact Poke fans (and Players) are assuming the Pokes are a dominating team or Super Bowl bound... of course these same fans who also believed the pokes would pound the pats last week :laugh:

Do the Skins have a chance to beat the Pats.. yes.. and more than the standard "every given Sunday" reason

1. The Skins defense is built to stop high powered passing teams (see the Lions and Packers)... the Patroits like the Packers have a poor run game, and even with Maroney coming back, their is no guarantee he is 100%... and our defense can stop the run as well... but where most teams fear the 4-5 wr sets, we have the depth and the speed in our secondary and LBs to hang with it. Also Taylor has had great games against Moss in the past (even when Moss was a Vike).... and the front four can pressure Brady... who has had off games in the past against good pass defenses

2. Gibbs and our coaching staff aren't intimated by Belichik "genius" because Gibbs was "Belichick" before Belichick :silly: Plus Williams and Saunders have many years experience against Bill in their AFC past.

The Pats defense is shakey in the secondary, and against TE's... and while the Skins O hasn't clicked on all cylnders yet, they have showed glimpses of the raw power and speed they can produce... JC won't be rattled, and Portis shows up in big games... hopefully by next week the OL injuries will be in good shape.

Washington also has good special teams, and that can be a factor against NE if it becomes a field postion battle

Plus there is the looking ahead factor... The Pats play Indy the following week... and despite what most people think, they are human and they will be thinking about a showdown, especially after the Colts owning them the last couple years.... If they take the Skins lightly ....:whoknows:

Their is only a small chance we can beat the Pats, but still a chance.. but it would be a close game

So are you predicting a win Bubba? Score?

Personally, I think JC will throw more than 1 INT and have some real trouble against the Pats. He won't be able to win the game by just dumping off to Cooley and the RB's and hoping for huge YAC like he's done the past couple of weeks.

You guys keep pointing out the Lions and the Packers and how you guys shut them down. There is a HUGE difference between both of those teams and the Patriots. Tom Brady doesn't just launch the ball downfield needlessly like Kitna and Favre do. The Patriots offense will take the underneath routes and be fine moving the ball a few yards at a time. You can't just sit back in deep coverage like you did against the Lions.

Your front four will not be able to consistently pressure Brady.

So are you predicting a win Bubba? Score?

Personally, I think JC will throw more than 1 INT and have some real trouble against the Pats. He won't be able to win the game by just dumping off to Cooley and the RB's and hoping for huge YAC like he's done the past couple of weeks.

You guys keep pointing out the Lions and the Packers and how you guys shut them down. There is a HUGE difference between both of those teams and the Patriots. Tom Brady doesn't just launch the ball downfield needlessly like Kitna and Favre do. The Patriots offense will take the underneath routes and be fine moving the ball a few yards at a time. You can't just sit back in deep coverage like you did against the Lions.

Did you read what he wrote? He said a small chance. You guys are serious haters. Anyway, those were the Greenbay and Lion gameplans do you really think Gregg William would do the same thing to the Patriots?

Talk abouy homers....The skins will not beat the Pats, they can not score enough points to keep up with them...yea I know you put 30 something on the lions....but the loins are not the pats....And when the season is all said and done I feel the colts will beat the pats again anyway to get to the superbowl.....Who is the best team in the NFC....who really knows...there will be several teams clustered together come the last 2-3 games fighting for the spots for post season play.....Way to much can and will happen between now and then...Everyone can talk stats and who has the better D or O but all that really counts in the win/loss record and as of right now Dallas and Greenbay has the edge ...In a few weeks that could or could not be different.....everything else is just pure homerism talk...

One week at a time is how you play the game......Dallas has to get by the Vikings and AP

The Skins have the Cards...and who ever the Cards can find from the local car wash to play QB this weekend

typical skins fan...you base your whole season on just beating the boys and not the other 14 other games you have to play....

No, we base our season on getting into the playoffs and WINNING in the playoffs...something the pukes haven't done in ELEVEN YEARS....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Talk abouy homers....The skins will not beat the Pats, they can not score enough points to keep up with them...yea I know you put 30 something on the lions....but the loins are not the pats....And when the season is all said and done I feel the colts will beat the pats again anyway to get to the superbowl.....Who is the best team in the NFC....who really knows...there will be several teams clustered together come the last 2-3 games fighting for the spots for post season play.....Way to much can and will happen between now and then...Everyone can talk stats and who has the better D or O but all that really counts in the win/loss record and as of right now Dallas and Greenbay has the edge ...In a few weeks that could or could not be different.....everything else is just pure homerism talk...

One week at a time is how you play the game......Dallas has to get by the Vikings and AP

The Skins have the Cards...and who ever the Cards can find from the local car wash to play QB this weekend

Ok, and all I hear is how the Cowboys can put up enough points to beat winning teams...what happened? The difference between us and the Cowboys is, we keep teams from scoring "48" points on us, in our own stadium :laugh:. The Cowboys happened to be the first team NE put up 40+ on, not even the Browns allowed that. I can guarantee the Pats won't put up that many points on us in their stadium. Everybody wants to act as if the Lions suck...everybody knows damn well the Lions aren't the Pats, but where was all this bad talk towards them before we shut them out? And we'll definitely see how many points the Cowboys can keep the Lions to.

typical skins fan...you base your whole season on just beating the boys and not the other 14 other games you have to play....

Well if that's not calling the kettle black. You puke fans do the same thing. I have a bunch of Cowboy fans down here on my job. They always say well as long as we beat the Skins I am happy.

I cant believe that a puke fan has the balls to talk trash about what teams we have played and bragging too much. you are the media darlings and you have a WR that makes the bold statements that you are going to make the super bowl. talk about homers...before you criticize my team, why dont you take a good look at your own team and realize that you guys talk too much and cant back it up.

Ok, and all I hear is how the Cowboys can put up enough points to beat winning teams...what happened? Difference between us and the Cowboys is, we keep teams from scoring "48" points on us, in our own stadium :laugh:. I can guarantee the Pats won't put up that many points on us in their stadium. Everybody wants to act as if the Lions suck...everybody knows damn well the Lions aren't the Pats, but where was all this bad talk towards them before we shut them out? And we'll definitely see how many points the Cowboys can keep the Lions to.

Cowpuke fans are delusional they really believe their own hype. They are vastly overrated. As for the Skins go hey we're not suppose to win up there in New England , We are not the media darlings like they are. But, I think we will give a better showing because we have a better defense.

It would help if the Patriots kinda look over us too :silly:

Do you even watch Skin games?... There are few teams that go downfield as often as the Skins, and we have more 40+ yard plays.. not because of YAC.. in fact YAC is a problem for us

again DO YOU EVEN WATCH THE SKINS???

The Skins don't just play back and hope the team only throws deep... that is just stupid, in fact NO team has tested the Skins deep except the Packers so far, and you saw how that worked out (and spare me the Favre is not Brady BS...he is still one of the best QB ever)... The Lions threw underneath all day... and while you say the Pats aren't the Lions or Packers... you fail to mention at the time they played the Skins they both were ranked number one in Passing, ahead of the Pats

I am not saying the Skins will beat the Pats, but I am saying we have a small chance to do it, if the team plays a great game.. they have the talent, and the speed to win

Yeah, they only are tied with your awesome DL with 15 sacks a piece.. playing one fewer game, beside the Skin defense takes away the quick strike option forcing QB to take longer to release the ball, allowing time to for the pressure to get to the QB.......... Brady is human and has had bad games before against good pass defenses and has had game where he has thrown multi INT. including his last game against the Skins.

Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't mean it can't happen.

Can the they Skins beat the Pats... yes... will they :whoknows: slim chance... but a chance

Cowpuke fans are delusional they really believe their own hype. They are vastly overrated. As for the Skins go hey we're not suppose to win up there in New England , We are not the media darlings like they are. But, I think we will give a better showing because we have a better defense.

It would help if the Patriots kinda look over us too :silly:

It's real sad man lol...I bet the 48 points the Pats put on them, will be the most this season. They are the first team so far to actually make the Bills look great. I think we can actually beat the Pats, and I can't wait for this game.

It's real sad man lol...I bet the 48 points the Pats put on them, will be the most this season. They are the first team so far to actually make the Bills look great. I think we can actually beat the Pats, and I can't wait for this game.

I think we have a chance too but hell call me crazy. They going to have to play a near flawless game though

I think we have a chance too but hell call me crazy. They going to have to play a near flawless game though

I think all skins fans think we have a shot but if we dont win in Foxboro we wont be overly disappointed in ourselves. Just as long as we lose by less then the puke fans did.:laugh:

I think all skins fans think we have a shot but if we dont win in Foxboro we wont be overly disappointed in ourselves. Just as long as we lose by less then the puke fans did.:laugh:

:laugh: I agree and I think it will be closer than some may think.

Did he just say that the Skins Def is way better then NE's Def.............:doh:

Against the pass, we are 5th, NE is 4th

Against thr run, we are 7th, NE is 5th

Against receiving, we are 5th, NE is 6th

Sacks? We have 15, NE has 16

PA? We are 3rd, NE is 9th

Against TD's, we are tied for 2nd. NE is 12th.

While I personally think we are a better D as we have faced the #1 and #2 passing teams in the league, its pretty damn close. To laugh it off is laughable. Kind of like Dallas's defense... laughable... and exposed.

I cant believe that a puke fan has the balls to talk trash about what teams we have played and bragging too much. you are the media darlings and you have a WR that makes the bold statements that you are going to make the super bowl. talk about homers...before you criticize my team, why dont you take a good look at your own team and realize that you guys talk too much and cant back it up.

That has always been the Cowpukes though that is one of main reasons I hate them their arrogance even when they get their teeth kicked in like they did sunday they still talk that b.s.. They believe their hype too much they are nowhere as good as they think.

They beat up on some helpless teams they think they are the " King Of The Hill" . As for the guarantee what a joke how about winning some playoff games first before thinking about superbowl. Do not think for a minute that Billichek do not have these comments stash away anywhere just in case if it should be Patriots/ Cowpuke superbowl which I highly doubt it.

Archived