Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Brunell

Retire 21

8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts. Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed, and potentially prevents multiple threads being started on the same topic.

Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, provided without the editorializing of titles by members.

Mark Brunnell and Vince Young have a lot in common. They are some of the few QBs ever that could completely make a joke out of the QB rating system. Vince Young makes a joke out of it on a weekly basis by playing good and having a low QB rating and Brunnell played bad and would have a pretty decent QB rating...

*** YAWN***

*** YAWN ***

*** YAWN ***

ENOUGH already about Mr. Boonell. He was lucky to have Santana and Clinton when they were healthy. This entire season ... Clinton has not been a 100% and neither has Santana - both are having their worst years respectively as Redskins.

Brunell only had 3 plays dump it to the flats, wr screen and throw it away...i hated the guy even when he got us to the playoffs couple years back

My sentiments exactly.

You hit it right on the head. Watching the Skins offense with him running it, even during the playoff run, was close to unbearable. He frustrated me soooo much with his inability to make plays the way a quarterback should.

Mark Brunnell and Vince Young have a lot in common. They are some of the few QBs ever that could completely make a joke out of the QB rating system. Vince Young makes a joke out of it on a weekly basis by playing good and having a low QB rating and Brunnell played bad and would have a pretty decent QB rating...

I couldn't agree more. I'm 99% sure this kid didn't watch the games and so he doesn't understand the frustration a real Skins fan would have with Brunell. Instead he kept pointing out stats to me saying how good Brunell was and how it wasn't his fault at all that our team couldn't get a win. In 06 a lot of it was the D but Brunell, even more so than the defense, got on my nerves with his poor play. I remember the "stat padding" that would happen at the end of each game, where, after the game had been decided, Brunellw ould lead us on a drive to score a meaningless touchdown that did nothing but boost his QB rating.

Rigth away your going to see that I'm in Jaxskinsville and therefore anything positive I say about Brunell comes from that. You couldn't be more wrong. Just because I live in Jax doesn't mean I ever cared about the Jags.

Over the last few months I have heard so much negative from some of you about Brunell and it's out of whack. Brunell did what he could with a puzzle that didn't have all the pieces yet. Gibbs doesn't have a love affair with Brunell, Gibbs needed an on-field coach/team manager and he got that out of Brunell. To say that Brunell was past his prime when he got here is ignoring the stats. The guy did help us win some games that a lesser QB would have lost.

In the Fox pre-game piece on JC yesterday, Campbell himself gave credit to Brunell for helping in his development and holding things together until he (JC) was ready to go. To have put JC in last year, without all the pieces of the puzzle collected would have lessened JC's abilities.

Mark Brunell did a great service to our team and after so many years of disappointment, showed us our first glimpse (2005) of what we could become. He has proven time and time again that he IS what we would like to have in all our players - a committment to the team!

HOF Coach Joe Gibbs AND NFL QB Jason Campbell give credit to Brunell. To continually bash Brunell as if to say that they (Gibbs, Campbell) don't know what they are talking about is absurd.

:helmet:

the last QB to take the Redskins to the playoffs was ... Mark Brunell,

i guess 23 tds to 10 ints is a bad season...or a 70 yd bomb in the lap of #89 to win the game is terrible... don't forget about the 4 TD game against Dallas at the end of the year followed up by a 200 yd , 2 TD game against the Giants before the cheapshot to the knee) to help get us to 9-6 and headed to the playoffs...

oh that's right...taylor jacobs was our #2 receiver for the second 1/2 of the year...

2006 - i blame in this order...1) 31 st ranked defense 2) Al Saunders 3) Brunell along with many other characters...

We are at the same spot we were at in 2005 3-2...we'll see what happens from here, but blaming Brunell for everything gone wrong over the past two years is ridiculous

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I think if you look at the entire situation , from Gibbs return until now, you can see the thought process...

bring in a veteran QB to hold the fort down while we figure out what will work and what won't work...then we start building our team, identifying the pieces that we need, getting them, and putting them in place, and continuing to build as we go..

so here we are in year 4 of Gibbs' 5 and we have one of the better teams in the NFC (or at least we did until all of these OL problems) our offense is strong, our defense is strong, and so is our special teams...its just a matter of executing it consistently on Sunday..

That's how I look at Brunell here,and I believe that's why Gibbs will defend him and speak highly of him as long as he is in Washington...

Archived