Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Brunell

Retire 21

OK, I've been arguing with my friend who claims to be a "Redskins fan" about whether Mark Brunell was any good. He keeps arguing saying it was his WR's and it was in no way his fault we were bad. I don't think he even watched the game. As a die-hard I was calling for Brunell to go maybe a month before he finally got pulled. Even in 05 I thought he was horrible for the most part. I mean the only good thing he did was against the JAgs in 06 and that was all Moss anywyas. Brunell could barely throw the ball and when he did, he usually just threw it away. I was sooo happy when he was finally benched because he was what was wrong wiht our offense even in the 05 playoff run. We'd have won the SB that year if we even had Hasselback as our QB.

As true Redskins fans, what are your thoughts on this issue?

Edit:

This kid also keeps saying the only reason Campbell has looked good is because he has pro bowl WRs and running backs. Now unless I'm crazy our rush attack hasn't been all that good and as seen yesterday our receivers have been giving campbell very little help.

He was not good in 05. He was awful. He never moved the offense!!! With a competent QB we would've crushed Seattle without Alexander.

If he had played awful, we wouldn't have made the playoffs. Your team needs at least average play from your quarterback to win games like that.

Thank you for stating the obvious and doing everything but answer my question.

whoa. IMO he was great with the Jags and terrible with us. He lost his arm strength and his mobility, not good for especially a short quarterback who has to find passing lanes. . I agree that we may have won the Superbowl without him. I'm so happy with Campbell, wish he had been in much earlier.

whoa. IMO he was great with the Jags and terrible with us. He lost his arm strength and his mobility, not good for especially a short quarterback who has to find passing lanes. . I agree that we may have won the Superbowl without him. I'm so happy with Campbell, wish he had been in much earlier.

Thank you, tahts all I wanted.

I'm doing this to show my friend that true skins fans hate brunell as a player.

lol at stating the obvious and you starting this thread. this topic has been rehashed probably over 1000 times.

This is certainly a blast from the past. And to see this following a game where Brunell didn't play to boot. Poor guy is grabbing pine and can't buy a break.

But digging this subject up will certainly give Brandon Lloyd a week off the hotseat. :rolleyes:As long as BL doesn't open his mouth and say something about Troy Aikman...

Mark Brunell WAS a Great QB, top 10 in the league, maybe top 5 when he played for Jaxonville. When he came to us he was at the end of his career, I think he played good for us...he was not agressive at throwing the ball like he did in Jax...but he threw smart passes and didnt give the ball over much...it worked and resulted in alot of screen passes and shorter routes, but we put enough points on the board to win with the help of our D. Plus he was pretty good at finding ways to beat dallas!

Archived