Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I feel bad for Cooley

JaimeDeCurry

Did anyone else see Cooley's interview in the locker room on Redskins.com?

I've watched the post-game interviews on Redskins.com after every game, and I've never seen him as beat up as he was after this one. He seemed to really be feeling like if he had just made one more play, his team would have won today; seemed like he was carrying a lot of the outcome on his shoulders.

He had a hell of a game...I feel bad for the guy. :( I hope he and the rest of the team can get over the emotional dejection of beating yourself out of a game that badly. It's got to be rough on the players seeing all this talent around you and somehow not being able to win consistently.

Here's to you, Cooley. You had a career game and are proving once again to be the backbone of this offense. Glad you're gonna be a 'Skin for a long time.

:cheers:

Cooley is the man, and one of my favorite Redskins, but I don't feel sorry for him, and he shouldn't feel sorry for himself. He COULD have made a huge play, but it's easily forgiven because of how awesome he was today (and always is).

Let's just hope he has a short-term memory about this and moves on quickly. We don't need any baggage from this game being dragged into the next. :cheers:

Cooley is the man, and one of my favorite Redskins, but I don't feel sorry for him, and he shouldn't feel sorry for himself.

I agree, he definitely shouldn't feel sorry for himself. He had a monster game, and on any other day would have been a shining light in an impressive win. What got me to post this was just watching his interview though. I've never seen Cooley act so crushed after any game, win or loss. I hope it's not indicative of the way the team feels as a whole. If it is, they need to find a way to put it behind them and realize that they had every opportunity to win this game, and they're leaps and bounds better than they played today.

I agree, he definitely shouldn't feel sorry for himself. He had a monster game, and on any other day would have been a shining light in an impressive win. What got me to post this was just watching his interview though. I've never seen Cooley act so crushed after any game, win or loss. I hope it's not indicative of the way the team feels as a whole. If it is, they need to find a way to put it behind them and realize that they had every opportunity to win this game, and they're leaps and bounds better than they played today.

Yeah, I can see that as well.

If it's any solace, Campbell was a rock. Had a sense of humor, and already seems ready to beat the Cards. I'm proud to have that man leading our team. :applause:

We are gonna kill the Cardinals.

Then the Pats are gonna kill us. :(

These injuries are so ****ing frustrating. If our offensive line was healthy, we would be the one NFC team to stand a legit chance of taking down the Pats. Our defense is the only one in the NFC that can hang with the Patriots for four quarters. Instead, it's going to be this game all over again for probably the rest of the season. Our defense will consistently play lights out, and our offense will be so destroyed by injuries that we won't be able to get anything going.

Shouldn't it be our turn to get a break by now?

I suggest you not worry about the injuries. The only linemen guaranteed to be out for the season is Jansen. Everyone else will come back, so we should have 95% of our team on the field by, I dunno...week 13 or something like that. I forget how many weeks Thomas was supposed to be out for.

Just pray for no more injuries until then. :)

The man gets his check win or lose. No reason to pity him or anyone else on this team.

Yeah, he did his job. Did about everything he could do to help this team. (Including blocking almost the entire second half)

bingo!!! didn't know he played. i thought he was helping randle el keep his hammy warm on the bench

Did anyone else see Cooley's interview in the locker room on Redskins.com?

I've watched the post-game interviews on Redskins.com after every game, and I've never seen him as beat up as he was after this one. He seemed to really be feeling like if he had just made one more play, his team would have won today; seemed like he was carrying a lot of the outcome on his shoulders.

He had a hell of a game...I feel bad for the guy. :( I hope he and the rest of the team can get over the emotional dejection of beating yourself out of a game that badly. It's got to be rough on the players seeing all this talent around you and somehow not being able to win consistently.

Here's to you, Cooley. You had a career game and are proving once again to be the backbone of this offense. Glad you're gonna be a 'Skin for a long time.

:cheers:

Cooley was on of the only ones playing ball. Him and JC, and the Defense did their job. Santana had an off day and so did Portis.

bingo!!! didn't know he played. i thought he was helping randle el keep his hammy warm on the bench

Uhhhh

1. UnBingo. Chris is obviously a competitor and is not just here for the money....ahem Lloyd.

2. WTF you talkin about Willis? Didn't know Cooley played? In the second half or at all? What are talking about?

I don't care how much money I make, if I **** something up or the project I'm working on gets canned etc., I feel bad. I don't care how much I'm making.

**** I play sports that I don't get a dime for and I feel crappy when I lose. Money wouldn't help that. But I see you guys live by the Lloyd philosophy of life.

We are gonna kill the Cardinals.

Then the Pats are gonna kill us. :(

Dude, I'm not a crazy optimist, but I have a good feeling about both the Cardinals and the Patriots game. We should definitely beat the cardinals because we are better. We are obviously not better than the Patriots, no one is. However, the Patriots will not go 16-0 this year and they will lose to a team that they look past. I think that they will look past us. They just beat the Cowboys who are now the best team in the NFC on the Cowboys home turf and they will be playing us on their home turf. Why worry about the Redskins? They may sleep on us and not prepare fully. We have a great D, a offense that can move the ball (although we give it up in critical situations), no team in the NFL can look past us. Plus as the weeks go buy that target on the Patriots back gets bigger and bigger. Redskins will be 20 times more motivated than the patriots. Then again who the hell knows?

Dude, I'm not a crazy optimist, but I have a good feeling about both the Cardinals and the Patriots game. We should definitely beat the cardinals because we are better. We are obviously not better than the Patriots, no one is. However, the Patriots will not go 16-0 this year and they will lose to a team that they look past. I think that they will look past us. They just beat the Cowboys who are now the best team in the NFC on the Cowboys home turf and they will be playing us on their home turf. Why worry about the Redskins? They may sleep on us and not prepare fully. We have a great D, a offense that can move the ball (although we give it up in critical situations), no team in the NFL can look past us. Plus as the weeks go buy that target on the Patriots back gets bigger and bigger. Redskins will be 20 times more motivated than the patriots. Then again who the hell knows?

I think one of the reasons the Pats are so good is that they don't look past ANY team they play.:2cents:

Archived