Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Ditka declares Skins 2nd best team in NFC

morpheusmeyers

Who was first? Packers or Pukes?

They said as of now, Dallas is the number one. Since the focus of the segment was the Redskins @ Green Bay, they said which team was number two.

Ditka, TJ and Emmitt picked Washington, Keyshawn picked New York. :doh:

TJ picked the Skins as well. Of course, all of this means nothing. If the team loses today this board will impload and we will here calls for Gibbs' head, that Campbell is a bust, etc.

I highly doubt anyone would say anything about Jason but if Gibbs pulls the Giants game again then you could be right.

We need to do what we did last week, PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, not PLAY TO NOT LOSE THE GAME :cheers:

I highly doubt anyone would say anything about Jason but if Gibbs pulls the Giants game again then you could be right.

You are wrong about the Campbell comment. While there were no threads devoted to how poor a QB JC is there were plenty of posts doubting his abilities and future.

Either way your comment (and I can't tell if you were kidding....you may have been) about "Gibbs pulling another Giants game" is exactly why I expect more stupid theads in the event of a loss today.

You are wrong about the Campbell comment. While there were no threads devoted to how poor a QB JC is there were plenty of posts doubting his abilities and future.

Either way your comment (and I can't tell if you were kidding....you may have been) about "Gibbs pulling another Giants game" is exactly why I expect more stupid theads in the event of a loss today.

I think Jason starting what only 10 or 11 games has shown more then any qb we have had the past 7 years.

The gibbs comment I was not kidding about. This team needs to play aggressive to be good. We have to stop trying to make the games close when we can win by a td or more.

This team needs to play aggressive to be good. We have to stop trying to make the games close when we can win by a td or more.

Right. Its that ****ing easy. If we just play aggressive we can win by a TD or more. Someone needs to send Gibbs the memo. Hopefully it will get there before game time.

Right. Its that ****ing easy. If we just play aggressive we can win by a TD or more. Someone needs to send Gibbs the memo. Hopefully it will get there before game time.

We did it against Detroit by still thowing the ball in the second half when we had the lead, we did not do it against NY. We sat on the lead and just tried to run the ball when they were stopping us.

I hope we stick to the agressive calls. I liked seeing us mix it up on O last week. And it would be great to hold another pass happy team to just 3 points today. I think if we can run the ball and control the clock we will be able to open up the big play and force BF to make bad down field throws and allow our secondary to get some defensive turnovers.

What I dont want to see a lot of is the following:

1st down = run for 2 yards

2nd down = run for 2 yards

3rd down = pass incomplete

4th down = punt

:point2sky

I hope we stick to the agressive calls. I liked seeing us mix it up on O last week. And it would be great to hold another pass happy team to just 3 points today. I think if we can run the ball and control the clock we will be able to open up the big play and force BF to make bad down field throws and allow our secondary to get some defensive turnovers.

What I dont want to see a lot of is the following:

1st down = run for 2 yards

2nd down = run for 2 yards

3rd down = pass incomplete

4th down = punt

:point2sky

I agree with you my man. I like the agressive play calling myself. However it by no means guarantees victory by "a TD or more."

This mentality ignores the team dynamic of the game by ignoring the need for execution by the O-Line, QB, RBs, etc. Plus you have to factor in the fact that JC is still a young QB. By design you want to protect the kid....especially on the road against a pretty good GB defense.

Of course this by no means we go conservative. Gibbs/Saunders needs to pick their spots and attack when the getting is good. But it doesn't mean that victory is guaranteed with an agressive game plan. I expect stupid ****ing threads calling for Gibbs to be fired in the event of a loss today.

We did it against Detroit by still thowing the ball in the second half when we had the lead, we did not do it against NY. We sat on the lead and just tried to run the ball when they were stopping us.

We did it against Detroit so it will work the rest of the season regardless of the opponent and game situation? Good lord Booma you should be smarter than that. :doh:

I expect stupid ****ing threads calling for Gibbs to be fired in the event of a loss today.

Well to be fair if we lose lets say by bad decision making during the 2 minute offense then this would have been the 3rd time this year, so that would be a problem

Lets hope we don't have to worry about that.

They were talking about the 2nd best team in the NFC :)

We did it against Detroit so it will work the rest of the season regardless of the opponent and game situation? Good lord Booma you should be smarter than that. :doh:

No, but at least we did it against Detroit. We did not just run, run, incomplete pass and punt like we did against NY. That was my point, against NY we went into a shell in the second half while being up by 14 points. Against Detroit we kept going after them and went for the thoat, something we did not do vs NY.

Archived