Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Give Gibbs the boot NOW

Toe Jam

-Once again great insight. I didn't ask you to read the paragraphs or ever give a ****. If you have a response to them, please do I put it in bullet forum so it could be easier on the eyes. If you don't know how to respond to any of the points, stay quiet and let the men talk.

Alright tough guy. I guess being a man in your eyes doesn't include knowing how to write. I tried reading your post it was too painful.

How dare he let this team manhandle the Lions like that! Does this man not have any decency?

His playcalling is horrible. Did you see all the aggressive playcalling? What kind of coach does that? He could have lost us the game with that nonsense!

We should get rid of Gregg Williams too. He's pushing the poor guys on the defense too far. He's overworking these players! They're not that good either. Did you see the field goal that Detroit got on us? The defensive coaching staff is slacking. A decent defense would have stopped the field goal. That could have been the nail in the coffin for the game!

And do you know what's going to happen this Sunday? Gregg Williams is going to be a bully and let the D beat up on a defenseless guy that's about a million years old. I'm sick of this crap. The Redskins will probably win because our coaching staff just SUCKS!

;)

At first it didn't seem like sarcasm. I was about to call you out. But anyway, nice post!

Never? Check your history, maybe not specifically calling him out but you criticized the teams playcalling so without calling out GW or AL, you are saying the team aka Gibbs.

Believing in a team and questioning a team/ calling it what it is are 2 entirely different things.

People can hide behind the History of Gibbs but his players won the game. Granted Gibbs finally, FINALLY didnt take the emotion out of the game for the players and chose some risky (only risky for this team) plays and our players executed.

That's a fair point.

However, if I have criticized the playcalling, I have never posted or said anything about him being fired.

When I lived in Colorado, the Rockies fans were pissed about the teams constant lack of performance. Management made a few changes, tried some patience, and look at them now. Granted, that's baseball and not football, but it shows that sometimes it's best to have a little faith and give it time.

If Snyder made a rash decision to fire Gibbs because of last year, I would have had a serious problem. Not that my opinion would have amounted to a hill of beans in the scheme of things, but it's obvious Dan had more faith in Gibbs than some people do now.

Crticizing, having doubts or worrying is one thing. Asking for someone to be fired after one game in a promising season is another.

Im sure you never criticized any of the coaching staff right?

Dont let 1 and I do mean 1 game make you hop onto the Gibbs is almighty bandwagon..

Just making sure you realize your mocking yourself along with the others ;)

hop on the bandwagon?

dude, Joe Gibbs built that wagon in the 80s and 90s. if you cant see that, maybe you should find yourself a different pony to ride

That's a fair point.

However, if I have criticized the playcalling, I have never posted or said anything about him being fired.

When I lived in Colorado, the Rockies fans were pissed about the teams constant lack of performance. Management made a few changes, tried some patience, and look at them now. Granted, that's baseball and not football, but it shows that sometimes it's best to have a little faith and give it time.

If Snyder made a rash decision to fire Gibbs because of last year, I would have had a serious problem. Not that my opinion would have amounted to a hill of beans in the scheme of things, but it's obvious Dan had more faith in Gibbs than some people do now.

Crticizing, having doubts or worrying is one thing. Asking for someone to be fired after one game in a promising season is another.

good post, good point. :applause: (<---- me giving you high 5)

hop on the bandwagon?

dude, Joe Gibbs built that wagon in the 80s and 90s. if you cant see that, maybe you should find yourself a different pony to ride

I was referring to people who only applaud Gibbs, especially when they are obviously too young to have watched him, only because its the "popular" thing to do on the site.

edited since I am in fact a nice person =)

I did not have a problem with your post. The way it was typed made it hard to read and understand.

I think you may have mistaken my reply for a shot at you or something.

As to your first statement, I agree. I saw more Saunders than Gibbs in the Lions game. However, when it comes to decisions such as whether or not to go for it on 4th and 2, that, I believe, is essentially a Gibbs decision. He went for it. I highly doubt Saunders called that play without any input from Gibbs. I could be wrong, but I see it as unlikely.

I don't think Gibbs should be fired at all. And I never blamed the coaching staff for the Giants collapse. This is a team, and winning AND losing is a team effort. Players and coaches should be to blame (and receive credit) equally no matter what.

I chose to start this thread because I'm tired of people complaining about Gibbs. There have been some rough times, but that's not a reason to ask for his head after one game this season. That's a little too much blame IMO.

-My mistake i did take it as a shot to my post, which I never do (first) to people. I feel everyone has the right to voice there opinion about the team here, and everyone else has the right to post a respectable response about why they disagree. People who post little sarcastic jabs at a post I tend to disagree with. But I apologize for the misunderstanding, I know my post was hard to read still extremely hunover not really all there at the moment.

If thats what you understood the comment being then your a moron. Ride that pony.

I was referring to people who only applaud Gibbs, especially when they are obviously too young to have watched him, only because its the "popular" thing to do on the site.

Just because it's popular or maybe they believe in Joe based on what they've read and so forth? How does one differentiate between the 2 in many cases? That's a tough one I think.

If thats what you understood the comment being then your a moron. Ride that pony.

your a moron?

wow buddy, got ya in the bread basket with that one huh. calm down with the name calling, i must have misunderstood ya.

and PS. you're a moron is the correct way. it is kind of funny that you mispell the sentence in which you'RE calling me a moron.:cheers:

Alright tough guy. I guess being a man in your eyes doesn't include knowing how to write. I tried reading your post it was too painful.

-Yet again great insight on the redskins bud, sorry im hungover and missing a few commas. Next time I'll give you an essay with an introduction and conclusion, these is extremeskins bud get real. If you have something about the redskins to respond to my post please do, because I'm still waiting. If you would like to continue on as an English teacher you may want to find yourself a new website.

Just because it's popular or maybe they believe in Joe based on what they've read and so forth? How does one differentiate between the 2 in many cases? That's a tough one I think.

I agree somewhat, but there are many times people just "go with the flow". That is of course, MY OPPINION.

and PS. you're a moron is the correct way. it is kind of funny that you mispell the sentence in which you'RE calling me a moron.:cheers:

Sorry nothing against anyone but kind of funny when calling someone out for mispelling when you don't use proper grammar whatsoever.

Sorry nothing against anyone but kind of funny when calling someone out for mispelling when you don't use proper grammar whatsoever.

true, but if you are merely doing it to try and call me a name or clown me in some regards, i am going to take what i can get. dont think i dont know how to ues the ' or capitalize when i start a sentence or the letter i. i am just too lazy to do it.

theres a difference.

I was not around for the first tenure of Gibbs. However, I've read about his past history with the team and like many, I'm impressed. That is not the reason, though, that I believe in Gibbs.

Here is why I believe in Gibbs:

1- 2005/2006: Have so many of you forgotten that two years ago, we made the Playoffs and did it convincingly? 5 straight wins to end the season. Gibbs gave the motivation and leadership to get us there.

2- His faith: Any man that can find time to coach a team such as this, own a NASCAR team and still keep his heart to God deserves some respect even if you don't believe as he does. Gibbs is a classy guy and I bet it's tough to find many like him in the NFL.

3- He loves this organization: Gibbs didn't come back just for the money. I'm convinced he did it because he wants to see the Redskins do well and return to Glory. Even if he's not the one to lead us there, you've got to give him credit for that much.

I do not use the past as a reason to believe in Gibbs. I think it's great what he did back then, but this is now. I was not around for it and so I think you can't use that as basis for respecting and liking him as a coach unless you were there.

Let it go, I had edited the post before I saw him with that garbage...

He is here to offer his superior insight.. As well as spelling class (minus the grammER lol)

Actually, lets all just chill.... Im a little edgy since Im stuck in the wonderfull buttcrack in the world..

Were all just going to enjoy the win vs. the Pack tomorrow....

You can all have a beer on me, well maybe for me since we cant drink here :mad:

good call..

thanks for being out there by the way..come home safe.

To give credit for that game is just stupid, when in Gibbs 2nd tenure (all I have been old enough to see, wont talk about his hall of fame past) have you seen him be that aggressive? What, never? yea I know. If your going to give credit, give it where it is due to Saunders, the only thing Gibbs can be credited for is finally allowing someone were paying millions to do there thing. As far as the D goes, you sit here and credit williams as if he is some sort of God, ever think about the fact that all the Lions can do is throw the ball, and that hey our secondary is all top 10 picks. I would hope that 4 men drafted in the top 10 of the nfl draft could stop any receiving core in the league (which they did prove). Our D-line finally stepping up, you feel this is due to Williams? Must have been has great scheme on that line that just threw detroit off, didnt have anything to do with another guy we pay millions finally doing what he is paid to do. The credit that williams does deserve is he has made some great personnel changes picking up Fletcher and Landry. Please start crediting these players for execution and not for William's great cover 2 scheme that he along with the rest of the coaches in the nfl copied off of tampa bay. This post sounds extremely negative I just dont think that Gibbs and the rest of the coaching staff deserve as much credit as they have been getting, but I do feel some blame falls on them for holding back our players. Just for an example anyone notice Campbell was finally calling audibles at the line?

Ok first off welcome to NFL fandom. Coaches and QBs get too much credit when the win and too much blame when they lose. That's the way it works in any leadership position actually, not just football.

It looks to me like Gibbs and Saunders do the offsensive gameplan together and as we all know they share the play calling duties. The 4th and 2 play had Saunders fingerprints all over it but I'm sure Gibbs had to cosign it. Head coaches decide whether or not to go for it on 4th down.

Next, Gregg Williams has had a top 10 defense 2 of the 3 years he's been here even in '04 when the team stunk. The defense was the strength of the team in '05. Portis, Moss and Cooley were huge, but we won many of those games despite Brunell and the defense gave the offense a lot of short fields. The three division games to close the season were really the only complete games where the offense looked impressive throughout. In the playoff win over Tampa, we set a record for fewest yards gained in winning a playoff game. Last year the issues on defense were mostly personel, they have been addressed and the defense is at the top of the league again. GW deserves plenty of credit.

Yes we have high draft picks in the secondary. Last I checked, the Lions had two top 5 picks at WR and an offensive coordinator who masterminded one of the best offenses in NFL history. And oh yeah they had the #1 passing attack in the league coming into the game. I think we can give our boys some love there for what they accomplished last week.

Why do you feel the need to separate the "credit" between the players and the coaches? They are all part of it and all deserve credit when they win and blame when they lose. Coaches coach and players play. When they compliment eachother well, coaches put their players in position to succeed and they execute. Boom, the plays work and the team wins.

okay I am reallly starting to get sick and tired of all the threads calling for Gibbs or WIlliams, Or Saunders head every week. I don't care if they are meant for sarcasm or not can we please lock such trolling threads unless there is a legitimate reason for them?

How dare he let this team manhandle the Lions like that! Does this man not have any decency?

His playcalling is horrible. Did you see all the aggressive playcalling? What kind of coach does that? He could have lost us the game with that nonsense!

We should get rid of Gregg Williams too. He's pushing the poor guys on the defense too far. He's overworking these players! They're not that good either. Did you see the field goal that Detroit got on us? The defensive coaching staff is slacking. A decent defense would have stopped the field goal. That could have been the nail in the coffin for the game!

And do you know what's going to happen this Sunday? Gregg Williams is going to be a bully and let the D beat up on a defenseless guy that's about a million years old. I'm sick of this crap. The Redskins will probably win because our coaching staff just SUCKS!

;)

You have a prepensity for twisting the message my friend. I believe that most of the fans here that were complaining about Gibbs after the Giants game were doing so BECAUSE he wasn't letting Saunders and Williams craft and call their prospective game plans.

Gibbs was overulling and handcuffing the play calling on both sides of the ball by his own admission after the Giants game.

Also, I believe it was a cummulitive response by the fans on this board and in general that there has been a pattern of this type of loss over Gibbs II tenure since his return. The play not to lose attitude and the overall conservative approach was what mainly triggered that blowback. And for good reasons I might add.

I would like to point out to you that the first 2 games of this season came down to the last play litterally and we very well could have lost those games like we did the Giants game that also came down to the last play for us to even tie the game.

Since the obvious rejection by the majority of his fans for this approach Gibbs has used his intellect and reason to determine that a new approach wouldn't hurt. And the result was a 34-3 blowout of the top offensive team at the time. And this more represents the Redskin team that I grew up watching, one that would continue to go full throttle no matter if the score was more than a two touchdown margin or not.

The defense was always a stingy one and offenses had to earn any points they got. There were very little gimmes in the form of turnovers for them, but plenty of opportunities created for our own offense. We are getting back to that style of football now because the incredible coaches that we brought in on offense and defense are running them NOW!!!! Where as before when all of us concerned fans were voicing our concerns it was Gibbs calling all the shots.

So, go pound sand in somebody elses ear about how stupid "that" portion of the fan base is because it could very well be because of "this" portion of fans that finally got his ear and convinced him to try letting his experts run the games. Your Welcome oh homer of little intellect

You have a prepensity for twisting the message my friend. I believe that most of the fans here that were complaining about Gibbs after the Giants game were doing so BECAUSE he wasn't letting Saunders and Williams craft and call their prospective game plans.

Gibbs was overulling and handcuffing the play calling on both sides of the ball by his own admission after the Giants game.

Also, I believe it was a cummulitive response by the fans on this board and in general that there has been a pattern of this type of loss over Gibbs II tenure since his return. The play not to lose attitude and the overall conservative approach was what mainly triggered that blowback. And for good reasons I might add.

I would like to point out to you that the first 2 games of this season came down to the last play litterally and we very well could have lost those games like we did the Giants game that also came down to the last play for us to even tie the game.

Since the obvious rejection by the majority of his fans for this approach Gibbs has used his intellect and reason to determine that a new approach wouldn't hurt. And the result was a 34-3 blowout of the top offensive team at the time. And this more represents the Redskin team that I grew up watching, one that would continue to go full throttle no matter if the score was more than a two touchdown margin or not.

The defense was always a stingy one and offenses had to earn any points they got. There were very little gimmes in the form of turnovers for them, but plenty of opportunities created for our own offense. We are getting back to that style of football now because the incredible coaches that we brought in on offense and defense are running them NOW!!!! Where as before when all of us concerned fans were voicing our concerns it was Gibbs calling all the shots.

So, go pound sand in somebody elses ear about how stupid "that" portion of the fan base is because it could very well be because of "this" portion of fans that finally got his ear and convinced him to try letting his experts run the games. Your Welcome oh homer of little intellect

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

You have yours and I have mine. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You really think NFL coaches care what the fans think?

Archived