Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We Want Dallas" chant

SUSkinsFan

It's a blood thing. Bad blood between the two teams. Who can forget Wilbur Marshall trying to rip off a Cowboy's helmet with or without the head in the end zone of a Skins-Cowboys game. Can't remember which game it was but the announcers said Wilbur would go into a zone against the Cowboys. Or how about Bugel shooting the finger and yelling "?^&! you" at Ernie Stautner during a playoff game in which we beat the Cowboys. I'm a Skin's fan from the Dallas-Ft. Worth area and all I can say is "BEAT DALLAS". And beat em bad.....

Appropriate or not (in your mind), most Redskin fans remember the Dallas wins and losses over any other. You may not remember the details regarding the last time we beat Detroit, but I bet you remember the last time we beat Dallas.

I bet you remember 71 seconds.....and I bet your remember Nick Novak!!!

I know I do!!!

Just enjoy!!!

Can't help it, its in my blood.

I'm one of those people who say 'I don't care, as long as we beat Dallas'.

Obviously I want as many W's as poss, but for some reason when we beat the cowpukes it means so much more.

I used to have a shirt as a kid that said "I root for two teams, the Redskins and anybody playing Dallas"

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

WE WANT DALLAS!!!

HTTR!

Does anyone besides me get irritated when you hear the "We Want Dallas" chant and we don't even play them for another 6 weeks, if the game was 1 or 2 weeks away I could understand. I just think the chants need to be saved for a more time-appropriate place.

Yeah I think its stupid and thats whats wrong with our fans always looking ahead. IF you want to chant anything how about we want Green Bay. I mean thats who we are playing next week and they are playing good. So lets worry about them first.

I like the "We want Dallas" because it keeps the rivalry alive and is also so true.

What I really dislike is the hearing the "Hey, you suck" chant at the end of the game when we're leading 34-3. That's just messed up and makes us look bad.

Yeah I think its stupid and thats whats wrong with our fans always looking ahead. IF you want to chant anything how about we want Green Bay. I mean thats who we are playing next week and they are playing good. So lets worry about them first.

What's wrong with our fans is that folks like you have forgotten the tradition and the rivalaries. Like someone else said, the chant means we're kicking ass right now, and since we're in an ass kicking mood, might as well bring in Dallas since we like whipping there ass so much.

Does anyone besides me get irritated when you hear the "We Want Dallas" chant and we don't even play them for another 6 weeks, if the game was 1 or 2 weeks away I could understand. I just think the chants need to be saved for a more time-appropriate place.

The whole point is that we can take them anytime, anywhere.

So anytime is the right time in my opinion.

I thought the timing was off, but consider: the fans who started it probably were drunk and thought it was 1982, when we whipped Detroit in the first round of the playoffs on the way to the matchup with Dallas

If only that was true. :doh:

It happens nearly every home game and it is an irritant.

If I heard "We Want Green Bay" or the "Packers" , or anything else that would have made sense, I would be all for it.

Of course Dallas is a major rival, but it's a long season.

Archived