Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Karma: Lets Go B.Lloyd

RenegadeTK

I think it boils down to this: The coaches probably don't want to waist a gameplan by trying to get him involved at the expense of giving less touches to other key players like Sellers, Cooley, Portis, Betts, and Moss. Do we want him to get his shot? yeah but where is the line drawn where the coaches feel like they've given him enough chances be it in practice, preseason, or these last 5 weeks. In other words, I don't think the team can chance him being thrown to 5 times with no real contribution meanwhile people like Sellers or Moss or Cooley get less chances. I'd be willing to bet a TON of money that Campbell doesn't trust him right now. If your starting qb doesn't feel comfortable with a receiver, nine times out of ten the ball isn't going there unless its a situation like this past Sunday's game where its essentially a screen or quick slant or something. Do you guys honestly think Campbell wants to throw it up to him and risk the result that week 1 produced? :2cents:

I think it boils down to this: The coaches probably don't want to waist a gameplan by trying to get him involved at the expense of giving less touches to other key players like Sellers, Cooley, Portis, Betts, and Moss. Do we want him to get his shot? yeah but where is the line drawn where the coaches feel like they've given him enough chances be it in practice, preseason, or these last 5 weeks. In other words, I don't think the team can chance him being thrown to 5 times with no real contribution meanwhile people like Sellers or Moss or Cooley get less chances. I'd be willing to bet a TON of money that Campbell doesn't trust him right now. If your starting qb doesn't feel comfortable with a receiver, nine times out of ten the ball isn't going there unless its a situation like this past Sunday's game where its essentially a screen or quick slant or something. Do you guys honestly think Campbell wants to throw it up to him and risk the result that week 1 produced? :2cents:

i agree that gibbs shouldnt 'gameplan' for b.lloyd. but put him in the game and give him an opportunity to get the ball if he is open. i agree, JC probably doesnt trust him too much right now, but lets change that. its early in the season right now, if we can work him into the offense in any way, it could be very beneficial to us

definately doesn't seem like the same kind of person that we have all been talking about. i admit when i read JLC's blog i was pretty fired up and wanted to see him gone.

Really, I only want him to want to play well. he is an athletic freak, i want this to work out. But more than anything, i want him to do whatever it takes to make that happen, and not sit back and be happy to still be on the roster while he collects his money.

I don't want this to blow up in our faces, but like someone mentioned earlier, he has to prove that he some "fight" in him, and not just roll over and give up. Good luck BLlyod.

LETS GO B.LLOYD!!! I don't care if you only make on great catch a game, or a couple key blocks or whatever, as long as you are contributing and keeping this positivity that is surrounding the team right now going!!! WE HAVE YOUR BACK!!!!!

He was a guest on the Sports Junkies radio show on Tuesday I think, and I guess I had kind of forgotten how much charisma this guy had. He was a really good interview, and I was reminded by "Lurch" (49ers fan) how amazing this guy was with a crap quarterback in SF, and that he wasn't able to do much with Brunell here since he didn't go deep much.

I honestly think he is a good reciever, and even possibly a game breaker. He just need to get the chance again. He even admitted that he didn't give his all on the interception in week 1, and that is why he hasn't been playing much. Seemed like a humble, good guy.

I must first apologize for jumping in mid thread and not reading previous posts (Loyd sucks, underachiever, etc.) but I seriously hope he has a break out game. Not only for the team but for Brandon. Maybe he will get it and lose the ego (did anyone else see the replay of the game when Carlos picked off the pass. Loyd can be seen saying to Santana, "He finally caught the ball.) My feelings are Loyd could say the same thing about himself, not that his hands are that suspect, but that he earned his way into the game and made a difference.

Here's to a Redskin (though jaded) that we need to step up and make an impact on the team. I don't want to label him an Albert Connell yet, though Connell did make make Brad Johnson look like the second coming.

My prediction: 4 catches 45 yards, 2 first downs and a shocking TD.:point2sky OF course, it will be a spectacular pass by JC;)

I just think he was a 4th round pick, once he got his big pay day, he started spending his money, and did not really have that much of a passion for football. I had high hopes for him this season, but his production had been crap, and he did not even try to tackle the miami defender after he made the interception that first week.

I'd rather start Thrash.

At least you know you'll get 100% effort every play.

The frightening thing about Lloyd is you never know when the next moment of laziness will come. . .the next ball he won't try for that leads to an easy interception. This is a tremendous uncertainty for a coach trying to play mistake free football, and avoid the huge, super-costly big plays.

Screw Lloyd. He made his bed for over a year now, let him lie in it.

Very seriously, though I disklike Lloyd, and am tired of people saying give him yet another chance, this really is a logical decision. I'll take the consistent player with heart and less talent that isn't going to make the huge, potential game-losing mistake. Every time.

Hopefully this is the last time the front office signs a player without doing their homework, or doing their homework and ignoring scores of red flags about a player's attitude, character, work ethic, etc.

Character matters: exhibit A, the ultra-talented Brandon Lloyd.

Next year he'll have all the time he wants to participate in Halo tournaments and make mediocre rap.

As much as I would truly love to see Brandon Lloyd get the opportunities to show that he can contribute a whole lot to this team and should have the opportunities to do that. I think that he is in Gibbs doghouse which seems to have to have somebody in it every year whether they deserve it or not. A policy I belive to be foolish because we brought him here, he didn't set the amount of money he would get.. we did, every reciever in the league drops a pass or 2 it happens it's part of the game.

Dude is young and gifted and from all I can see has a great attitude even with a bunch of fans calling for his head. Look this guy can be a difference for a long time here with this team. Support him or not that is the fact.

I would like to see some of the nay sayers on this board sprint down a sideline with another person hanging on you to be at a certain spot to catch the pass that's to be thrown to you and then fight this guy that's draped all over you to get it. Does Fat Chance apply here. I think it does. So give the guy a break.

T.O., Moss, R.Moss,R. Williams,hell Art Monk all dropped passes in their career I don't see anybody condemning them.

Archived