Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush now willing to compromise on S-CHIP program

SUSkinsFan

The opposite side of the argument is "don't have kids you can't provide for." :2cents:

That is all well and good, but the program only applies to children that are already here, and since I don't want to see a massive genocide campaign to wipe out poor children, S-CHIP is the best option.

That is all well and good, but the program only applies to children that are already here, and since I don't want to see a massive genocide campaign to wipe out poor children, S-CHIP is the best option.

Yea! More money out of my pocket to go to people who make stupid decisions.

Can we ever start rewarding people in this country for doing things the right way?

the pro-birth crowd will always be there reminding us that their idea of morality shouldn't cost them a dime

Funny. I didn't have kids until precisely the moment I was ready too. Being pro-life, as you correctly point out, I wonder how I managed that?

edit: It's other people's kids; and as I said, poor decisions, that shouldn't cost me a dime.

Yea! More money out of my pocket to go to people who make stupid decisions.

Can we ever start rewarding people in this country for doing things the right way?

Actually the increase in the program was going to come from an increase on cigarettes, so unless you smoke you won't even notice it.

Actually the increase in the program was going to come from an increase on cigarettes, so unless you smoke you won't even notice it.

Oh sure. That's the story now.

And there's a good idea too. Let's make the health our children incumbent upon a certain percentage of our adult population continues to kill themselves.

I love government. No really. I do. Swear.

But you can't punish children for their parents **** ups. The kid didn't have any say in the matter.

Certainly not. However this is a government run program, which will cost much more then advertised, and will have so much red tape, the people who actually need help won't get it

If you read through Medicare D and well Medicare in general, you'll realize this

Oh, so they were going to tax the poor (and stupid) to pay for (what Bush says are) the Rich, eh?

But you can't punish children for their parents **** ups. The kid didn't have any say in the matter.

True enough. And I'm not the cold-hearted **** I may sound like.

I'm just sick of never getting any damn thing but tax increases for making good decisions, and building a life for myself and my kids. I've never asked for, nor received government assistance of any kind (except for subsidized loans, which I paid back), even when I was eligible for it. And I damn sure didn't bring my kids into an unstable financial situation. Even in the midst of an ugly divorce, my kids have everything they need without government interference.

But no. Punish me. Reward JQ Dumbass with six kids by four different fathers. I just wish I could get everybody's damn hand out of my pocket, when I've spent my life not reaching into theirs.

True enough. And I'm not the cold-hearted **** I may sound like.

I'm just sick of never getting any damn thing but tax increases for making good decisions, and building a life for myself and my kids. I've never asked for, nor received government assistance of any kind (except for subsidized loans, which I paid back), even when I was eligible for it. And I damn sure didn't bring my kids into an unstable financial situation. Even in the midst of an ugly divorce, my kids have everything they need without government interference.

But no. Punish me. Reward JQ Dumbass with six kids by four different fathers. I just wish I could get everybody's damn hand out of my pocket, when I've spent my life not reaching into theirs.

I actually think they need to put an increase on alcohol to help pay for these kind of programs, it isn't fair that its always smokers that have to shoulder the burden.

I actually think they need to put an increase on alcohol to help pay for these kind of programs, it isn't fair that its always smokers that have to shoulder the burden.

You stay away from my beer, or we're gonna have problems! :mad: ;)

I think these people should get better jobs, or God forbid, maybe work TWO jobs so they can pay for insurance just like everyone else that plays by the rules has to

I think these people should get better jobs, or God forbid, maybe work TWO jobs so they can pay for insurance just like everyone else that plays by the rules has to

This isn't about adults getting insurance, this is about CHILDREN getting insurance. I don't know anyone under the age of 18 that has their own health coverage. I'm 20 years old and I don't have my own coverage.

This isn't about adults getting insurance, this is about CHILDREN getting insurance. I don't know anyone under the age of 18 that has their own health coverage. I'm 20 years old and I don't have my own coverage.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about parents working two jobs to pay for the kids' insurance.

Archived